Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pit Bull air/oil lift stuck up w bike on it! Ideas?  (Read 836 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
Pit Bull air/oil lift stuck up w bike on it! Ideas?
« on: June 30, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »

Called PB tech is on vacation, they sent me jack service tips.
Said if jack stuck up must be over filled and jus remove fill plug.
Useless, plus it has never been filled since I owned it.
JR

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Pit Bull air/oil lift stuck up w bike on it! Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »

Just to make sure I understand correctly; the bike is raised up then released back against the stops, and now the hydraulic jack won't raise it back off the stops?

If so that's possible with any jack.  Yours just chose to fail now.  If it's on the stops you should be able to release the valve on the bottle back, force the piston down (at least a little), and get the bottle jack out of the lift.  Then, at least for now, go to Harbor Freight and find a comparably sized bottle jack to use while the manufacturer either warrants yours or you wait for a rebuild kit.

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »

The bottle jack would not free up, went up great but coming  down was another story. What I did was to screw down the screws that keep the base from moving, by doing so it gave me a little more room to open the release valve.

I just kept opening and closing in on an off and around 3 hours later bike was down. I bought this lift new from PB and from day one it was always slow to come down, I just figured that was a safety feature but this is indeed something wrong.

I called Omega the maker of the pump and of course its obsolete, so tomorrow I will try running the bottle jack to repair shop to see what that have to say. They did warn me most of these are cheap Chinese and they are not rebuildable .

Hopefully it just needs a good cleaning , new seals etc and will be good for another 10 years or so, if not off to Harbor Freight or will just get the manual pump from PB.

Thanks for the info and have a safe 4th.

New one for my usually the issue is going up not coming down, I was shXXting bulletts  here how to get the bike off the lift and no it was not against the stops.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 07:16:22 PM by JjR »
JR

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 10:43:35 PM »

Good news. Glad you got the rubber back on the garage floor.  There's a reason all those cheap little bottle jacks are cheap.  Good luck getting it sorted for future use.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 09:57:48 AM »

I bought a new bottle jack a couple years ago, just in case. They were on sale @ Pep Boys for $11.98. Can't last very long for that cheap. About 6 months ago my original started leaking and i installed the replacement one. I did have to drill at 17/64" hole for the mounting bolt but otherwise easy install. Works as good as the Original. How long it will last? Who knows.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.