Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing stereo on 2007 CUSE2  (Read 714 times)

MayberryCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

Changing stereo on 2007 CUSE2
« on: July 15, 2021, 02:09:15 PM »

I bought the most difficult model to make quick detach for the tour pack, all because of the amp and stereo setup. Here is what I am looking at doing, and I would like to know 1: if anyone else has done this setup, and 2: if anyone has any better plug and play options.

Rockford Fosgate PMX-HD9813 for the stereo, as it is plug and play to keep handlebar controls, and I like the look and function of this model ($769.99)

HogTunes REV 225 amp, which is also plug and play ($329.99)

I'd love to hear thoughts on this, other ideas, and anything that you guys can think of that I am not considering. TIA!!!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Changing stereo on 2007 CUSE2
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 04:33:30 PM »

I went through this decision a year ago on my '06 CVO Ultra.  In the end I sent my stock unit to IronCross Audio.  They fixed it, installed Blue Tooth and an extra input plug in the back, leaving the front input cable free.  For me the deciding factor was potential loss of CB Radio.  I don't use CB daily, but it sure comes in handy on group rides.   Total cost was $550 less than a new system, and it all plugged right in and worked. 

So that's a 3rd option to consider.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

MayberryCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 05:23:16 PM »

I am actually taking the CB/intercom off completely.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »

i NEED the intercom, i have bad hearing and its the only way i can communicate with my wife in the sidecar without pulling off and shutting off the engine.. sooo... i am searching for tour pack removal stuff   long ago i moved it forward for use with the solo seat, but now i "occasionally" need to ride three up, so i need to make the wiring on the tourpak work.. im open to all ideas, mount the entennas on the bike? plugs for the lights on the tour pak? any ideas welcome

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 12:39:41 PM »

I really like the Rockford Fosgate unit and have looked at it real hard myself.   For that kind of money you would think they would put CarPlay on it.  That is the one thing keeping me from getting one.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »

I really like the Rockford Fosgate unit and have looked at it real hard myself.   For that kind of money you would think they would put CarPlay on it.  That is the one thing keeping me from getting one.
Not sure how Carplay can be put on a radio with a 1.5" square screen. I have one on my 12 SERG (was on the bike when I bought it). I see this thread started a few months back and it appears the price jumped up $100 from last year.

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.