Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Zumo "extras"  (Read 7431 times)

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
Zumo "extras"
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »

Don't know how many of you have bought and installed the Zumo, but I've had mine since about Jan, and love using it.  Recently, I bought a 2GB SD card and now I can load about 500 songs on my MP3 player in the Zumo.  I don't even think about CDs anymore! :bananarock:  I also just figured out the Bluetooth, and now I can make/receive phone calls through my helmet.  This is what I call technology :2vrolijk_21:  I don't plan to make calls, but at least I'll know when I miss a call.  Hope all of you that have the Zumo have utilized all the features.

lwhood

Re: Zumo "extras"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 05:47:36 PM »

Hi, Have a H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black. Just installed a Zumo 550
and now I am trying to use my bluetooth phone can hear but can not talk thru my Harley headset how are you doing this.  :nixweiss:

Thanks LWHOOD

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »

I'm thinking the only way you can talk thru the Zumo on phone calls is with pairing a "Bluetooth" headset/microphone to the Zumo. To my knowledge the hard wired headset that you plug into the side of the tank console is only connecting to your cb/intercom and there is nothing that connects it to your Zumo. The reason the H-D "Bluetooth" works w/that setup is it is connected to the radio and the "Bluetooth" part is only connecting the phone and the audio is going thru the wired headset. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »

I'm thinking the only way you can talk thru the Zumo on phone calls is with pairing a "Bluetooth" headset/microphone to the Zumo. To my knowledge the hard wired headset that you plug into the side of the tank console is only connecting to your cb/intercom and there is nothing that connects it to your Zumo. The reason the H-D "Bluetooth" works w/that setup is it is connected to the radio and the "Bluetooth" part is only connecting the phone and the audio is going thru the wired headset. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Dood, have done that with my lid while playing with someone else's Zumo.  Works pretty slick actually.  So a Bluetooth enabled helmet will do that deed (at least the NCom's from Nolan will).

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »

Dood, have done that with my lid while playing with someone else's Zumo.  Works pretty slick actually.  So a Bluetooth enabled helmet will do that deed (at least the NCom's from Nolan will).

TwoLane-
 ;DTMI.....TMI  ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

I had thought that was the case and actually looked at the Nolan helmets, but then decided I'm not potent enough to want to talk to someone when I'm riding. I do have my phone paired to my Zumo so I can see when I have an incoming call and depending on who it is I can decide whether I want to pull over and call them back or keep on riding.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »

I had thought that was the case and actually looked at the Nolan helmets, but then decided I'm not potent enough to want to talk to someone when I'm riding. I do have my phone paired to my Zumo so I can see when I have an incoming call and depending on who it is I can decide whether I want to pull over and call them back or keep on riding.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

D00d, at least with the Nolan gear it's actually surprisingly easy.  Generally just a one finger tap to initiate a call or answer one.  Then it's just a case of talking.  Using it through the Zumo was different, but every bit as easy once it was figured out.  In some ways easier to find phonebook functions if the voice commands were problematic at any given time.  But using any functions on the Zumo screen would then take your eyes off where you're going.  All tolled it was easy to get used to and easy to use.  I don't mess with it except on longer trips generally.  But it's handy as hell when you do want to use it.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 05:00:57 AM »

Hi, Have a H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black. Just installed a Zumo 550
and now I am trying to use my bluetooth phone can hear but can not talk thru my Harley headset how are you doing this.  :nixweiss:

Thanks LWHOOD

Good morning LWHOOD !

:welcome_005:  on the CVO website !

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »

Thanks LWHOOD

Actually I got ahead of myself when I posted this....I can receive and hear calls, but as many others have stated, we can't talk.  I'm still trying to figure out how to add this to my Arai helmet with integrated J&M head set.  It's really frustrating and I don't want to buy another helmet.  So....anyone with any ideas out there to make this set up work, would appreciate your help...I'm sure there are plenty of others that could benefit from this information also.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 04:03:44 PM »

Actually I got ahead of myself when I posted this....I can receive and hear calls, but as many others have stated, we can't talk.  I'm still trying to figure out how to add this to my Arai helmet with integrated J&M head set.  It's really frustrating and I don't want to buy another helmet.  So....anyone with any ideas out there to make this set up work, would appreciate your help...I'm sure there are plenty of others that could benefit from this information also.
Bob,
Is this helmet/headset bluetooth or only wired? Are you receiving hearing the calls thru your helmet/headset or just the speakers on the bike? The reason I ask is because I believe the only way to get the bluetooth option on the Zumo to work is to have a bluetooth Microphone/Headset on your helmet, and then pair it to the Zumo. :nixweiss: I'm thinking the MoCo bluetooth addition connects to the existing radio and is receiving/sending audio back to your phone, and is transmitting it to your helmet/headset thru the wires existing on bike. If you unplug your helmet/headset from the tank console would you still be able to use your phone bluetooth capabilities if you didn't have the Zumo on the bike?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 04:05:26 PM »

You will not be able to use the J&M headset, or any other hard-wired headset to make and receive phone calls through the Zumo. The problem is that the headset / radio combination is not Bluetooth capable. You can hear the calls come in, but that is only because the Zumo is sending the audio to the radio, just like it does with the navigation instructions and MP3 output.

In order to use your phone on the bike with your helmet and Zumo, you will need a Bluetooth enabled headset. Nolan has their own, self contained unit, to mount in the N-com, but you can't use it because you have the J&M units.

The ony way you would be able to do what you want is to install the HK Bluetooth Module on the bike, but then you will not benefit from the Bluetooth of the Zumo.

I hope this helps.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 04:11:43 PM »

When they add XM WX Weather to the Zumo's so I can get digital radar images, I'll be retiring my SP 2610. It has to be coming soon as it is such a logical extension for a motorcycle unit.

A guy can dream can't he?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 04:18:59 PM »

When they add XM WX Weather to the Zumo's so I can get digital radar images, I'll be retiring my SP 2610. It has to be coming soon as it is such a logical extension for a motorcycle unit.

A guy can dream can't he?
Chuck,
Isn't that coverage currently limited to major metropolitan areas?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.