Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Zumo "extras"  (Read 7429 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Zumo "extras"
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 04:31:17 PM »

Hi, Have a H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black. Just installed a Zumo 550
and now I am trying to use my bluetooth phone can hear but can not talk thru my Harley headset how are you doing this.  :nixweiss:

Thanks LWHOOD

It The problem may be with your TYPE of phone (Model) You may have to change your phone in order for it to work. That is one issue However Check with these folks and I bet they have a fix or suggestion for a fix.

http://www.cellset.com/

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 06:43:12 AM »

Chuck,
Isn't that coverage currently limited to major metropolitan areas?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

The XM WX weather is not limited. It is a full featured set of weather information. The one with the limited info is the weather packaged with the Nav Traffic which is limited to conditions in certain major cities.

The XM WX weather is very complete:

Real-time NEXRAD radar:

Satellite Mosaic:

Severe Weather Storm Tracks:

Winds Aloft:

all in graphical displays. You can zoom in or out as you wish. It's like bringing along weather.com for your ride. There is also marine related info like wave heights, tides etc.

As far as the coverage, here is a pic of the radar coverage map:

When they add this to the Zumo line, a natural extension in my mind, I'll get one.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 07:36:49 AM »

The XM WX weather is not limited. It is a full featured set of weather information. The one with the limited info is the weather packaged with the Nav Traffic which is limited to conditions in certain major cities.

The XM WX weather is very complete:

Real-time NEXRAD radar:

Satellite Mosaic:

Severe Weather Storm Tracks:

Winds Aloft:

all in graphical displays. You can zoom in or out as you wish. It's like bringing along weather.com for your ride. There is also marine related info like wave heights, tides etc.

As far as the coverage, here is a pic of the radar coverage map:

When they add this to the Zumo line, a natural extension in my mind, I'll get one.
Ok, thanks. I knew I had read/seen somewhere that there was a limitation on some system, but the one you have shown would be a nice feature. I ran into some rain on the way back from Rolling Thunder and by all looks of the sky it didn't appear that it was a big/heavy cell of rain as what I ran into. Would have been nice to pull up the maps you've shown so I would have known to pull over and prepare for impending weather.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 08:03:29 AM »

Ok, thanks. I knew I had read/seen somewhere that there was a limitation on some system, but the one you have shown would be a nice feature. I ran into some rain on the way back from Rolling Thunder and by all looks of the sky it didn't appear that it was a big/heavy cell of rain as what I ran into. Would have been nice to pull up the maps you've shown so I would have known to pull over and prepare for impending weather.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Totally agree. I don't know how it works specifically, but if you could use it as an overlay, over the std. maps, it would be really trick. You could see your route, and the weather along it. Maybe seeing that, you could pop in a via point to take you right around it.

On Sunday after RT, we got to Front Royal just as the bottom fell out of the clouds. We were huddled up under the canopy of a gas station on the phone with Hoist. He and Andy did an awesom job in helping steer me around the nasty stuff. Phone calls like that wouldn't be necessary with the on-board radar displays.

The downside to this is the $30/mo for the weather package. I understand you can do it seasonally so you don't have to pay all year.

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 04:19:14 PM »

Bob,
Is this helmet/headset bluetooth or only wired? Are you receiving hearing the calls thru your helmet/headset or just the speakers on the bike? The reason I ask is because I believe the only way to get the bluetooth option on the Zumo to work is to have a bluetooth Microphone/Headset on your helmet, and then pair it to the Zumo. :nixweiss: I'm thinking the MoCo bluetooth addition connects to the existing radio and is receiving/sending audio back to your phone, and is transmitting it to your helmet/headset thru the wires existing on bike. If you unplug your helmet/headset from the tank console would you still be able to use your phone bluetooth capabilities if you didn't have the Zumo on the bike?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary,

Yes, I am only using the hard wired helmet, (Arai with built-in headset).  It sounds like the only options are to use the Nolan bluetooth helmet, or perhaps something from the folks at Kennedy.  I am planning to call Kennedy to see if they can offer anything.  Will let all know if they are able to offer anything that will work with what I have.  I checked the HD bluetooth unit but am not interested at $500. 

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »

It The problem may be with your TYPE of phone (Model) You may have to change your phone in order for it to work. That is one issue However Check with these folks and I bet they have a fix or suggestion for a fix.

http://www.cellset.com/

Vaz,

Great input!  I jut got off the phone with Kennedy.  They said I could make it work with the use of four of their products:
Iso Set 2                #95376
Aux Audio Harness    #95348
GPS Harness            #95423
Cell Set                  #95418
Switch Power          #95295

Total cost of $269.95 including shipping.  They said all items are plug and play.  I will have to save up and get these items and then hopefully all will work as wanted.  I guess the good news is that this is about half the price of the HD unit :2vrolijk_21:
Has anybody out there done this add?  If so, what was your outcome and how easy was the install?  Appreciate anyone's input.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »

Vaz,

Great input!  I jut got off the phone with Kennedy.  They said I could make it work with the use of four of their products:

Total cost of $269.95 including shipping.  They said all items are plug and play.  I will have to save up and get these items and then hopefully all will work as wanted.  I guess the good news is that this is about half the price of the HD unit :2vrolijk_21:
Has anybody out there done this add?  If so, what was your outcome and how easy was the install?  Appreciate anyone's input.

I thought they would be able to make it work :)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 06:26:57 PM »

Vaz,

That's good to hear. When you get all the pieces, please do a write-up so we can all see how it goes together.

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »

That's good to hear. When you get all the pieces, please do a write-up so we can all see how it goes together.

Chief,

I was hoping I wouldn't have to be the gunea pig :nervous:  I will take pictures when I get these units and install, but it probably won't be for about a month....too many other items on the priority list.  If anyone happens to do this first, please post.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 04:38:55 PM »

Totally agree. I don't know how it works specifically, but if you could use it as an overlay, over the std. maps, it would be really trick. You could see your route, and the weather along it. Maybe seeing that, you could pop in a via point to take you right around it.

On Sunday after RT, we got to Front Royal just as the bottom fell out of the clouds. We were huddled up under the canopy of a gas station on the phone with Hoist. He and Andy did an awesom job in helping steer me around the nasty stuff. Phone calls like that wouldn't be necessary with the on-board radar displays.

The downside to this is the $30/mo for the weather package. I understand you can do it seasonally so you don't have to pay all year.

I just looked at the XM site and the ground package costs $100 per month (with $100 setup charge).  Where did you see the $30 p/m plan? 

Mark

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 05:51:01 PM »

I just looked at the XM site and the ground package costs $100 per month (with $100 setup charge).  Where did you see the $30 p/m plan? 

Mark

Skip the ground package and get the marine package for $30.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »

Skip the ground package and get the marine package for $30.

What's the difference between the two.  The red bike had to deploy its water wings just a few days ago.  Marine might be better  :nixweiss: ?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 08:41:12 PM »

What's the difference between the two.  The red bike had to deploy its water wings just a few days ago.  Marine might be better  :nixweiss: ?

2ln I suggest you use several blowup arm wings strategically placed around the bike for maximum performance.

As far as the marine version of XM, that is what I have on my GPSMAP 478. It shows the weather superimposed on the map. What it does not include is the traffic reports. These reports IMHO are useless because they are always going to be delayed 15-20 minutes by technology limitations. Even if you get an accurate update how often are you going to be able to alter a route? The weather on the other hand is outstanding albeit expensive. $29.95/mo? It will show rain coming. You can also use it to view weather areas throughout the world. They will also let you turn it off during the winter months to keep the cost down.

AJ
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:42:54 PM by hard10 »

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 05:01:06 PM »

Mark
I called XM and they told me to but the aviation package the lite model is 30 bucks per month plus set up. Not sure what the groung package is for . Hope this helps billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 06:29:45 PM »

This is not limited to Zumo...since we're all probably using the same mapping software (V8 Mapsource), I'd like to throw out a general use question:  How do you plan an extended trip on your software to transfer to the unit?

Here's what I did last night...used the routing tool and marked my route with waypoints on key segments of the roads I want to travel.  I found you have to be careful doing this, as the routing tool will take you ways you don't really want to go if you don't mark points close enough to each other, particularly on certain roads.  I then used these points to "plan a route".  When the directions are given for that route, it does some funky things during the route, or at least it's saying it is.

Is there a better/easier way to do this?  I have a 2820, but that's really irrelevant if you do the routing on the PC then transfer the route.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.