CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

New FLTRKSEANV Cam Upgrade

<< < (2/2)

CowboyBagger:
Thanks Mike!  I wish you could tag along for part of the trip too.  We'll meet up some day.

Cowboy

FLSTFI Dave:
Rekluse torque drive clutch is the way to go. 

Scott7d:
I'm not a fan of the larger mufflers due to a decrease in exhaust velocity (often misworded as back pressure). But some people are ok with that due to getting the sound they want. Nothing wrong with that if sound is a high priority for you.

Your stock oil system is fine.

People often criticize the 475 for not having good low end. Usually that is because of the oversized mufflers they use. With the right exhaust combo, 475 low end is fine.

A friend of mine just bought the Hertz kit you described from Volunteer Audio. I'm not impressed, and neither is he. All bias aside, my SounDigital/Ground Zero combo sounds better and was probably cheaper.

I have a higher mileage M8 117 and it's been a tank for me. I hope this one treats you well!

CowboyBagger:

--- Quote from: Scott7d on August 10, 2023, 12:35:03 AM ---I'm not a fan of the larger mufflers due to a decrease in exhaust velocity (often misworded as back pressure). But some people are ok with that due to getting the sound they want. Nothing wrong with that if sound is a high priority for you.

Your stock oil system is fine.

People often criticize the 475 for not having good low end. Usually that is because of the oversized mufflers they use. With the right exhaust combo, 475 low end is fine.

A friend of mine just bought the Hertz kit you described from Volunteer Audio. I'm not impressed, and neither is he. All bias aside, my SounDigital/Ground Zero combo sounds better and was probably cheaper.

I have a higher mileage M8 117 and it's been a tank for me. I hope this one treats you well!

--- End quote ---

I agree, most setups that sound good don't perform good.  On my 2012, I ran a Drago's 2 into 1 pipe with Frank's Dragula muffler.  The bike ran great.  When I moved to Arizona, the heat here became an issue.  My wife melted her right shoe from the amount of heat coming from the right side.  So, I researched how to solve this problem.  Going with a 2-1-2 system helped a lot.  I alos researched what combinations in the 2-1-2 design performed the best.  I contacted Moonshine Harley after watching several of their videos.  Their combination of the Fullsac or Burns Stainless head pipe backed up with Khrome Works mufflers were almost identical to a D&D 2 into 1 pipe with the same setup.  This test was on the 117 M8.  That's why I chose that system.

I almost went with the 475 cam.  The Moonshine Harley boys have tested it against all the major players in the cam market for Harley baggers.  They stated it really shines with a 2-1 headpipe and head work.  For what I'm doing, they recommended the Star Racing 30/30 cam or the Woods 22XE.

As far as the stereo:  There are probably better out there.  I've had Hertz Neo's in my 2012 and they sound great.  Plus, I like the guys at Volunteer Audio.

Cowboy

Pan1:
After  a lot of research on various combo's combined with trying to stay under the radar for warranty purposes, I went with the MoCo 131 kit and substituted  the intake that came with the kit for the HD ported intake, Fullsac head pipe, 2" baffles and K&N breather. My long term mechanic using the HD Tunner raised the RPM limiter to 6,400 rpm and fattened up the air fuel ratio using the EV table. It was on the dyno on two seperate occations and both times reached 131 HP and a super smooth toque curve to 137. The bike does not sound radicle but this  combo really works. Two up loaded on trips 41-43 mpg.  The engine does run on the hot side compared to my Twin Cam bikes.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version