CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Are M8 rocker arms an issue?

(1/1)

JoeVibe:
Have there been any rocker arm failures with my high mileage, or hard riding friends? I'm looking at the S&S roller rocker set up and wondering if I should consider it a necessity or a nice to have mod.

Thanks - Joe

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: JoeVibe on August 28, 2023, 02:32:38 PM ---Have there been any rocker arm failures with my high mileage, or hard riding friends? I'm looking at the S&S roller rocker set up and wondering if I should consider it a necessity or a nice to have mod.

Thanks - Joe

--- End quote ---

Probably not necessary for most cams/builds.
My m8 has 75k on those stock rockers, 20k on the stock 117, the rest on a 124 mild build.
We changed springs at 20k, light head cleanup, fairly mild cam (TTS 200]
Valvetrain is pretty quiet. Hopefully didn’t just jinx myself! LOL

I DO have the S&S rollers on my hot rod evo with a high lift cam and after a total rebuild recently they checked out fine and I’m still running them.

JMHO

:nixweiss:

Scott7d:
135,000 miles on my 2020 CVO Road Glide and I haven't had a single mechanical issue. Heads have never been off and so on. 95% of my OEM parts including the rockers are still in the bike.

Phreakyz:

--- Quote from: Scott7d on August 31, 2023, 05:35:13 AM ---135,000 miles on my 2020 CVO Road Glide and I haven't had a single mechanical issue. Heads have never been off and so on. 95% of my OEM parts including the rockers are still in the bike.

--- End quote ---

:2vrolijk_21:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version