Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Bluetooth stopped working!  (Read 4457 times)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
Re: Bluetooth stopped working!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 10:20:20 PM »

No I am using the "regular" volume control.  Yup, I have to turn it up 75 % volume when wearing my 3/4 Arai helmet with J&M without earplugs and almost at 100% volume with earplugs.  (V&H true duals)

I sure wish I had the noise cancelling Bose headsets so I could hear it perfectly but I guess thats not happening.....

I use a Moto razor phone and it will automatically resync after a bike cycle (I.E. stopping to get gas and turning off the bike).  My other phone (blackberry 8700) requires me to wake up my phone after I restart the bike -- bad blackberry!!!  (blackberry is not allowed to ride anymore).

Mark

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 10:31:11 PM »

From what I understand, as of now the protocol for Bluetooth only allows connection with one device at a time. Therefore you can connect to either the Zumo or the HK radio (with BT installed).

As far as volume is concerned, I spoke to Harry yesterday while traveling down I95 @ ~90 mph and could hear his birds in the background!

One thing that I did learn while talking to Harry is that the phone will drop a call if the weather band radio is set to 'alert'. There was a severe weather alert for the area that I was traveling through and the phone dropped him twice. The radio went straight to the WB.

See Harry, I didn't hang up on you.  ;D

AJ

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 08:40:47 AM »

AJ,

No worries, I figured you were having trouble keeping up with the cage you were supposed to be following and had to concentrate :)

I am just concerned my output on the headphones is lacking they are cracking with volume and I don't have the treble and base turned up to even half way.  I don't believe my hearing is that far gone yet, but.   In a closed full face and a speaker at each ear I figured it should be loud and clear, but thus far it is not with the main volume for the front turned all the way up.   I am using AVC on level 4, but did not figure that would be the cause of low volume to the headset.  /perplexed atm

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 08:53:25 AM »

AJ,

No worries, I figured you were having trouble keeping up with the cage you were supposed to be following and had to concentrate :)

I am just concerned my output on the headphones is lacking they are cracking with volume and I don't have the treble and base turned up to even half way.  I don't believe my hearing is that far gone yet, but.   In a closed full face and a speaker at each ear I figured it should be loud and clear, but thus far it is not with the main volume for the front turned all the way up.   I am using AVC on level 4, but did not figure that would be the cause of low volume to the headset.  /perplexed atm

Ha, Ha Funny  :) ... (wisea$$)

Are you using the J&M? Could it be a problem with the cord? John @ J&M tested mine just after I got it and found a short. He replaced it on the spot! Their customer service was great.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »

Uh,   what did you say?    ;D

If you are using the the factory rig, that is the problem right there.  The J&M are much better than stock but there is still a lot of noise (wind and muffler) that you hear with 3/4 and full helmets vs half helmet.  After all I had heard of the J&Ms I had visions of clear, quiet sound while getting the protection of 3/4 helmet (stupid me).  There is lots of info out on the web on the reasons for increases in noise when wearing a helmet (Of course I didn't read about it before hand...)

The big secret I'm told by non Harley riders is that everybody uses earplugs under their helmets.  Just bought a 40 count bottle at CVS pharmacy for $10...

Mark

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 09:09:14 AM »

With regard to the ear piece volume, I noticed that even 1/8th inch difference in location on my ear made a 30% or more difference in volume.

You wouldn't think it would be that critical, but on my half helmet I can easily move the location since it is simply velcored on the side strap.  By moving it around it made a big difference in my ability to hear with a lower volume setting, even with earplugs in.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »

Nixo,
could you speak up I couldnt hear ya   ::)

I will have to wait for a bike event that J&M is at or test someone elses before I sink more money into this blue tooth system that is so far much less than a stellar product.   I may try the helmet speakers a bit more closer to my ear in the helmet to see if that helps as rob suggest worked for him. 

I may also try and pad behind them in an effort to move them closer to my ear, if moving them closer works enough to continue to use it in the short run.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »

Nixo,
could you speak up I couldnt hear ya   ::)

I will have to wait for a bike event that J&M is at or test someone elses before I sink more money into this blue tooth system that is so far much less than a stellar product.   I may try the helmet speakers a bit more closer to my ear in the helmet to see if that helps as rob suggest worked for him. 

I may also try and pad behind them in an effort to move them closer to my ear, if moving them closer works enough to continue to use it in the short run.

Unbalanced.....check the two wires that come seperate from the harness and then plug into the connector on the back of the radio, these are the recieve audio feeds, if one isn't in all the way you can hear, but it's real low.  I just had this when I switched mine over to the 2007 Ultra.  I was in there and decided to tug on the wires, one pulled right out, once I got it back in right the BlueTooth worked just fine again.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.