Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna  (Read 2274 times)

Dawgtired

• Junior CVO Member
Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna
« on: June 04, 2007, 06:11:27 PM »

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna and what is their experience with it.

dawgtired

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
Re: Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 03:06:48 AM »

dawgtired, I have never tried the Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna.  I am using the TT2C2 TUNE TRAPPER HIDDEN AM/FM Motorcycle ANTENNA.  It works great and I have never had any problems with radio reception, it has always worked great :2vrolijk_21:.

Check out the web site.  Great antenna with a Life Time warranty.

http://www.ecshylites.com/page/page/603561.htm

You can also find them on eBay - See attached site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TT2C2-TUNE-TRAPPER-HIDDEN-AM-FM-Motorcycle-ANTENNA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38655QQihZ015QQitemZ250124190812

Hope this helps!!

Ride Often - Ride Safe  :helmet:
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 03:11:30 AM »

Equal cudos to the TuneTrapper.  Have used the Dakota Digital in the headliner of a couple of old cars before.  Very mixed results.  At least in my case the TuneTrapper has always performed better.

Dawgtired

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »

Thanks, just what I needed. I knew if I asked someone would have tried it or found something better. Sounds like I will give the Tune Trapper a go. Again Thanks.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:33:07 AM »

Thanks, just what I needed. I knew if I asked someone would have tried it or found something better. Sounds like I will give the Tune Trapper a go. Again Thanks.

I have the tune trapper, and if fact, if and when - which is seldom - that I listen to the radio, it works in the city limits, and not out in the country where we ride the most.  I think if I rode my bike as a commuter vehicle, it would be great to hear the local station warn about traffic snarls, here the lasted news that kind of thing.  But in fact, if I'd known then what I know now, I'd have saved the couple of bucks on the radio antenna and just went strictly with the XM, cause in fact all I really want to listen to is music.  I know that there is talk channels there too, and once in fact I did tune into a NPR station, but for the most part I want music, and that works far superior to the radio.  My $0.02. 

:cherry:

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 05:41:08 PM »

I just helped my buddie remove his Tune Trapper as it doesn't work well. I replaced it with a 4 foot length of wire and that works better than the TT.  :o

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 07:33:48 PM »

Tune trapper works fine once locked onto a station but range is about half the whip.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »

I have a tune trapper that I used for one 2000 mile trip and it was taken out upon arriving home. Sure glad I had XM. Is 50% better than eglide goodies though. Just not the reception I was looking for. If you or anyone would like this tune trapper attenna pm me and its yours. :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 11:15:38 PM »

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna and what is their experience with it.

dawgtired

I use the dakota digital.........so do others here.  The trick is to place it away from metal, up in the fairing.  I get as good service from it as I did from the stock antenna.  Got rid of the ugly antenna and the nusance that had.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 11:38:30 PM »

Ok, haven't tried the Dakota, but....I have the Tune trapper and live in the country. My best bro just got this amplified hidden one off ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hidden-amplified-antenna-for-Harley-FLHT-FLTR-FLHX-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35571QQihZ015QQitemZ250125775147QQrdZ1

Blows my tune-trapper away. I sat in his driveway and got static from a station I used to work at 50 miles away, his scoot was in his pole barn 10 yards away and was crystal clear stereo signal. I'm sold and ordering one today.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:26:16 AM by Ceej »
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Dawgtired

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »

CEEJ, that sounds like a winner. I take it it's a powered antenna. I might give that a try. As always thats for all the info.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:06 PM »

Yep its powered, tap in to the cig lighter power I would guess. makes a big diff - also it is real small compared to the tune trapper I have now.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Page created in 0.518 seconds with 21 queries.