Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ram Mount suggested  (Read 1452 times)

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
Ram Mount suggested
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:28:43 AM »

Do you think that one Ram mount dealer is the same as another? I need to get a mount/cradle for a personal video recorder that isn't listed. I need to talk to a dealer who knows the product and knows how to improvise. Can anyone recommend a dealer?
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Ram Mount suggested
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:46:08 PM »

I bought a RAM mount for my TomTom 510 through EBAY and did see some price differences among the various sellers there.  If you know your RAM part number, put it in EBAY and see what pops up.  I have also found GPSCITY (www.gpscity.com) to have competitive prices when compared to other RAM mount dealers, although I don't know if their shipping costs are inflated or not as I've not gotten that far with them yet.

For what its worth, I just started using my Ram Mount for my TomTom on my SERG and it is well built and works very well.  Good luck

BlueSEI2
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »

i would suggest calling RAM directly for the correct configuration....  then shop a dealer once you already have the part numbers?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »

Bret, a friend has a mount that is on his handle bars, for his video camera.  It has a pistol grip with a trigger that releases it to move it around or to pan side to side or up and down or to the rear.  If you'd like, I'll give him a call to learn who the mfg. is.  Seems like I may have posted it here, thow, a year or two ago.  You might try a search on a camera mount.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »

Never mind..........I did the search for you.  Here's the mount that I'm refering to:  http://www.cammount.com/    It has a vibration isolation in it, too.

By the way, did you get the video screen put in the back of your helmet for Nikki to watch videos?   :worthless:       :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »

JC,
Thanks for the effort to try and help me out. The mount I'm trying to find isn't for a camcorder, it's a personal video recorder. I think I'll eventually get a camcorder so I'll save the info. But anyway thanks for the effort.

A personal video recorder is shaped more like a GPS/MP3/Blackberry and has a display. The unit is 5.1" X 3.2" and about 3/4 of an inch thick. The display is 4.3". I'll be connecting a helmet cam to it. I'm going with this setup over a camcorder right now because:
1. I like the helmet cam style videos better than the fixed handlebar view.
2. The personal video recorder has much higher capacity than a camcorder (160 GB)
3. I expect the camcorders to go through drastic changes in the next year (BlueRay,HD-DVD storage)

Ram doesn't have a specific cradle for this unit so that's why I was asking what dealers knew their products well enough to improvise.
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.