Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: New Saddle in Town  (Read 17136 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New Saddle in Town
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »

Damn Corbin anyway.  Thoroughly crapped out either transmitting or receiving information.  But they nailed the saddle itself for this bike.

Fit around the tank is very good.  Seating position is far superior to the stock seat (at least for me).  Probably 1.5" higher then stock and close to that much closer.  Everything is better relative to the sitting position.  Legs and knees are more comfortable on the and can reach the pegs know with stretching or having to pull myself to them.

Stock handlebars are now ok.  Arms were straight with the stock seat.  Now they're fine.  Adjusted the bars just a bit.  Raised them slightly to change the wrist angle.  In every way just a much more comfortable ride now.

Wish the other issues hadn't come up.  Oh well.....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »

Ok..... :zwtf:

:worthless: :worthless:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »

Got it on the bike and the red leather in the seat panel is a closer match to the bird's head and stripe then I thought it would be.  Still needs to be darkened down just a bit.  It is loud.  But not as bad as I first thought it would be. 

A buddy local is an old time leather guy.  He tells me he has product to do what I want to here.  So not concerned.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »

The three reds in the seat aren't a bad combination at all for the three reds in the bike.  Wish now I'd done the front of the backrest in the darker material though.  Of course the only red leather they had was the bright red.  Everything was a vinyl.  So for seating pad itself the options were limited.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »

As I transitioned it from red to red to red one of their options was a really good match to the paint color that was closed to the saddle.  That mating area I'm very pleased with.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »

The stock seat had enough give to it that it has scuffed the top of the side covers.  Was completely hidden with the stock seat in place.  Now there's a dull area that can be seen.  Buffing won't clean it up completely.  But it can be made better then it is.  So far that's the only fitment issue I've discovered.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »

Ok..... :zwtf:

:worthless: :worthless:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Sorry Gary ::) .  I was slow there.  But it was for a good reason.

Before taking off on the bike earlier this afternoon I drafted a letter to Corbin detailing how they dropped the ball and made purchasing their product more difficult (both this time and in the future).  Especially since it was purchased through a dealer and not direct really didn't expect to hear back.  But when you were asking for pictures a rep from Corbin was calling.

She accurately recited the problems and didn't make any excuses.  Also apologized.  The Road Glide seat for use w/o tour pak she tells me won't allow the tour pak to set down on the bike.  So I don't have the option of both backrest and a tour pak.  Apparently just can't get there from here.  So that is simply an issue without a resolution.  She offered to take the seat and bike in to the California shop and "correct it."  But that's a road trip I don't have time for and probably isn't worth this hassle.

Then, along with apologizing, she asked "what can we do" to make up for the mistakes.  Since the tour pak backrest isn't here yet and hasn't been billed I suggested they do the recover work on it for free.  Had been told to expect $125-150 for that work.  Told her I'd consider that adequate compensation for the hassle and annoyance of their mistakes on this order.

She didn't say no.  Said she has to run it up the flag pole.  So we'll see.  If they'd make that effort I'd not damn the rest of it.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »

You're right about one thing... the red & white checkered fender won't work, especially with this new saddle.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 07:03:54 PM »

Sorry Gary ::) .  I was slow there.  But it was for a good reason.

Before taking off on the bike earlier this afternoon I drafted a letter to Corbin detailing how they dropped the ball and made purchasing their product more difficult (both this time and in the future).  Especially since it was purchased through a dealer and not direct really didn't expect to hear back.  But when you were asking for pictures a rep from Corbin was calling.

She accurately recited the problems and didn't make any excuses.  Also apologized.  The Road Glide seat for use w/o tour pak she tells me won't allow the tour pak to set down on the bike.  So I don't have the option of both backrest and a tour pak.  Apparently just can't get there from here.  So that is simply an issue without a resolution.  She offered to take the seat and bike in to the California shop and "correct it."  But that's a road trip I don't have time for and probably isn't worth this hassle.

Then, along with apologizing, she asked "what can we do" to make up for the mistakes.  Since the tour pak backrest isn't here yet and hasn't been billed I suggested they do the recover work on it for free.  Had been told to expect $125-150 for that work.  Told her I'd consider that adequate compensation for the hassle and annoyance of their mistakes on this order.

She didn't say no.  Said she has to run it up the flag pole.  So we'll see.  If they'd make that effort I'd not damn the rest of it.
No problem just figured I needed to give you some chit. :D

Glad to hear Corbin has called and are trying to work it out. Good luck. :2vrolijk_21: BTW - Don't think it'll be that bad if you're stuck w/keeping the tourpak on all the time at least it is a chopped pak. Got to have something back there for when our niece rides. :bigok:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »

You're right about one thing... the red & white checkered fender won't work, especially with this new saddle.

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I think AJ doesn't like the new seat very much!

Y'know what man; that's ok.  When I ordered it I knew it was going to be loud.  Against my normal choices was doing that on purpose this time.  Really wanted it to stand out.  It may be one of those "acquired tastes" kind of things.  On the bike itself it's kinda cool.  I think it'll be a even nicer when I get a chance to dress the bright red leather and tone it down a notch. 

As weird and bright as it is something pretty close to this is what I was after here.  I had to take a really big breath to order this way.  But I'm diggin' it already :drink: .

Ooops, and to finish the story.  While typing this got another call back from Corbin.  She (Nina) has been nothing but pleasant during both calls.  And offered what sounded to be the sincerest of apologies for their mistakes.  The agreed to eat the charges to recover the tour pak backrest as compensation for the mistakes and hassle.  I can live with that.  They stepped up and did something fair to compensate and correct for the issues.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »

No problem just figured I needed to give you some chit. :D

Glad to hear Corbin has called and are trying to work it out. Good luck. :2vrolijk_21: BTW - Don't think it'll be that bad if you're stuck w/keeping the tourpak on all the time at least it is a chopped pak. Got to have something back there for when our niece rides. :bigok:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

In all honestly I do (and always have) expect to have the tour pak on 90% of the time.  I like the look of it.  And the storage is handy.  Parker is also more comfortable with that behind then a post type back rest.  And that's an important consideration.

I just didn't like having the option foreclosed when I'd made the effort beforehand to make sure it would not.  Corbin is being fair about it though.  She said the final bill to recover the backrest would have actually been a "bit more" then the original estimate.  She didn't say exactly how much more.  So I don't know how much their eating.  But it's a fair effort on their part no matter what.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »

I think you need to kick it up a couple more notches......

Get a set of red leathers (jacket/chaps) and boots. :shocked2: :1syellow1: :7: :vrolijk_9: :vrolijk_10: :6: :2vrolijk_08:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

I think you need to kick it up a couple more notches......

Get a set of red leathers (jacket/chaps) and boots. :shocked2: :1syellow1: :7: :vrolijk_9: :vrolijk_10: :6: :2vrolijk_08:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

oooooooooooohhhh, don't think I could pull that one off Gary  ??? .  Plus, I'd hate to be challenging your title as site pimp-meister :huepfenlol2: !

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 07:18:44 PM »

I think AJ doesn't like the new seat very much!

Y'know what man; that's ok.  When I ordered it I knew it was going to be loud.  ...

It just makes me think... don't go riding up to Howie's with it. Or if you do get your self one of those big crushed velvet hats.  :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »

oooooooooooohhhh, don't think I could pull that one off Gary  ??? .  Plus, I'd hate to be challenging your title as site pimp-meister :huepfenlol2: !
I guess that would only work if you were going to a "Pimp Convention". So I guess it's better left alone. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.