Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Canadian dollar down - Bike prices up. What have U heard???  (Read 7316 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Canadian dollar down - Bike prices up. What have U heard???
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »

With your dollar back up has the chatter slowed any for the suspected price increase?

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
Canadian price increase
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 09:52:25 PM »

Was at the Vancouver BC dealer saturday and was notified that come Monday all prices would be going up 10%. :(
Sure glad we got new bikes at the old price.  09 Streetglide and 09 CVO Roadglide :cucumber: :apple: 

north rider

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: Canadian price increase
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 10:29:52 PM »

Don't be sad  :(,be glad look at it this way you just gained 10% equity in your bike, that is better then what is happening with houses!!  :orange:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »

Now the dealers will really be po'd when we buy and bring bikes up from the States, the last two bikes I bought, 03 Road Glide bought in Kalispell, Montana and 04 B/B SEEG in Denver for a hell of a lot less than I could have bought in Calgary.

Right now in Calgary and Edmonton the dealers are selling CVO Bikes for over $2,000 - $3,000 over MSRP, and now with a 10% increase lets see how long that will last with all of the of the Heavy Oil and Upgraders Projects being cancelled or delayed until the Oil Prices go back up.

Besides that I purchase 90% of my parts from Jenni again at a large saving. Will be in Phoenix over Christmas and plan to buy parts for further performance.

geezerglide

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »

Now the dealers will really be po'd when we buy and bring bikes up from the States, the last two bikes I bought, 03 Road Glide bought in Kalispell, Montana and 04 B/B SEEG in Denver for a hell of a lot less than I could have bought in Calgary.

Right now in Calgary and Edmonton the dealers are selling CVO Bikes for over $2,000 - $3,000 over MSRP, and now with a 10% increase lets see how long that will last with all of the of the Heavy Oil and Upgraders Projects being cancelled or delayed until the Oil Prices go back up.

Besides that I purchase 90% of my parts from Jenni again at a large saving. Will be in Phoenix over Christmas and plan to buy parts for further performance.

geezerglide

I was going to ask how much of a price decrease they gave you guys over the past couple decades when the currency rates were going the other way, but I gather from this post that Canadian Harley operates the same way as U.S. Harley.  Prices only go up, never down.  Too bad the same philosophy never applied to the salaries and wages of those of us buying their products.

If the current economic mess gets as bad as some believe it will, I wonder if H-D and the dealers in either country will blindly stick to their pricing strategy or if they will finally break down and run some fire sales?  I understand not wanting to follow the lead of the auto industry, just giving the product away to generate a little cash flow, but blindly sticking to the no discounting philosophy may be cutting off their own noses.  I personally expect to see some dealing and even some secret dealer incentives from Harley if things don't quickly pick up next spring.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »

I was going to ask how much of a price decrease they gave you guys over the past couple decades when the currency rates were going the other way, but I gather from this post that Canadian Harley operates the same way as U.S. Harley.  Prices only go up, never down.  Too bad the same philosophy never applied to the salaries and wages of those of us buying their products.

If the current economic mess gets as bad as some believe it will, I wonder if H-D and the dealers in either country will blindly stick to their pricing strategy or if they will finally break down and run some fire sales?  I understand not wanting to follow the lead of the auto industry, just giving the product away to generate a little cash flow, but blindly sticking to the no discounting philosophy may be cutting off their own noses.  I personally expect to see some dealing and even some secret dealer incentives from Harley if things don't quickly pick up next spring.

Jerry

The only time the harley Dealers dropped their price was at the end of 2003 as the $ CDN got closer to the $ US, and that took a while and the only reason hey did lower prices was that a lot of Canadian Customers were going across the Border to buy Bike and Parts. It was only after the Canadian dealers had a meeting with Deeley Imports (HD of canada, Exclusive Importer of Harley's into Canada).

even in 2003 when the $ CDN vs. $ US  exchange was high you still could buy a bike from US HD Dealers a lot less than in Canada. I.E. I bought a 2003 Anniversary Road Glide c/w 95", tuned with SERT, detachable hardware, tourpack and V&H True Duals Landed in Canada for CDN $22,000, local dealers same bike no detachable hardware, no tourpack and stock engine an exhaust was CDN $27,000.

geezerglide

Wildrat

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 04:41:40 PM »

Jenni (Sapyta) and she is now the GM at:

Tri-County Harley-Davidson, Inc.
5960 Dixie Highway
Fairfield, OH, USA 45014
513-874-4343
513-874-0145 (fax)
Visit our Web site
http://www.tri-countyharleydavidson.com/

She said she can do more for customers now than she previously could to include good pricing on bikes and any H-D and aftermarket bike related (parts/clothing/whatever) stuff that can be ordered. She said when calling to ask for her specifically, not the parts people. She asked that people calling have their part numbers and, if aftermarket, have the company's name, phone, URL, part numbers and retail price if at all possible. She also said she welcomes all repeat and new business and to pass along her information to friends who might be looking for good parts/acc prices.

Some or most of the info above came from some other site, so I am not plagiarizing, I'm Stealgiarizing!

Just in case someone wanted to know more.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:44:54 PM by Wildrat »

Spazz

Price Increase
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »

Well, the economy sucks and people are cutting back. Companies are laying off employees left right and centre(CND spelling). The auto industry has their hands out to get some doughray-me.... and H-D is immune to all of it as they raised their prices by 10% in Canada yesterday. That about 4grand more for a SEUC. I want to cry because my bike will be ready in 2 weeks so i have to pay the increase or walk away. $44,000+ for a toy we in Canada can ride for about 7 months a year and stare at for the other 4 or so. It would be much cheaper to purchase an ELUC and change the motor to a 110 and them chrome it up the way you want, you can save over $15,000 this way. $22,000 for the bike,$5500 for the motor,$5000(if you can even spend that much) for chrome. I am really thinking to go this route as the dealer has lots in stock that were not affected by the price increase as that is only for new bikes without a serial number yet. This does not take into account new pipes, tuners, air flow and any other upgrades you want to do. One can buy custom bikes with better motors Jims 125 etc.. for allot less. Those bikes are not mass produced, more reliable, and better finished. Awwww, screw it.... they aren't Harley's. Never mind, I'll wait for the CVO.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Price Increase
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 10:11:32 AM »

10% increase for an ordered bike  :nixweiss:

I'd walk away.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 10:12:30 AM »

Not Me. I would tell them to stick it if they fail to sell you the bike for the price you agreed to when you made the commitment. If they don't honor the lower price, but a stock one as you describe and upgrade to a 103", you'll have a better bike. :soapbox:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »

Not to sound flip, but it is supply and demand. The CVO's are in demand. Welcome to the site!

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »

Wow, I be POd too.  But there are two things to consider.  One. If you add every CVO stock accessory and the motor to a standard Ultra, it adds up to more then the american price.  I checked myself before I bought my '08 (I'm anal that way. LOL).  Two the resale value is alot less for a standard even if it's equiped exactly the same.  Accessories are not included in the book value, therefore you can't get a loan.

Of course if you don't care about alot of the add-ons or one off paint, then who cares. Get the bike you want.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 10:22:37 AM »

I go thru this with our manufacturers all the time. When I quote a job, my price to my customers is good for 60 days. If I don't receive an order within that time, we've the right to increase the price if we receive and increase ourselves. But I'm in a negotiated business, and there's always a competitor keeping you from getting top dollar, so increases are difficult to obtain. If I do receive an order within 60 days, they have 6 months to release equipment for fabrication, or they're no longer price protected. It's in our proposal and our acknowledgement. If you have a contract with them and they've accepted your down payment, check the "fine print" in your CONTRACT. If there's no reference to "price increases" or time frame for same, I'd demand they honor the CONTRACT! If they cover their asses in the fine print, you're bound by the CONTRACT as well. Good luck. Hope you get your CVO at your "agreed price"! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »

I went through this with my dealer about a month ago when I first heard of a price increase. I had ordered a yellow serg that was due to be in in April 09. I was told the price was based upon the build date and not the date it was ordered. :-*
 When I heard of the increase I was going to cancel the order and see if I could build a street glide with a 103 /paint kit and some accessories. First off  I was quoted a price of 8 grand in Canada for the 110  so if you find one for 5 g's that is a steal that is why I  opted for the 103. Basically with just the paint kit on order  $6000.00, color match fairing$ 600.00  and 103 motor $5000.00 (upgrade)on a loaded street glide($23.000), I was already pretty well at the price of the SERG (No accessories)
Turns out my dealer found a bike for me through his network and all is well, but I do feel your pain man.
Hope this is the last of it.

Rob
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 10:54:24 AM by rganz »
Rob

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »

I just saw a Canadian dealer yesterday on the web listing the 09 SE Ultra for $39,000.  I think you need to shop around a bit.  Perhaps you have found yourself a greedy dealer :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.