Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Life of a rear Michelin Commander  (Read 1645 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Life of a rear Michelin Commander
« on: May 18, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »

While riding the Cherahala Skyway with the group from Ken's Ribfest this weekend I noticed that the rear of the bike would try to come around when setting up for a hard turn.  Not good!
 :nervous:

I checked the rear tire when we got back to CHL and it was slick as a baby's a**!

The bike has 26600 miles on it and I thought I replaced it at 20K.  Called the HD dealer this morning and it was installed at 16148!

Needles to say I'm happy with the mileage that I got out of the Commander.  10k plus out of a rear riding two up is damn good milage!  Putting the same thing back on!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

VI48

• CVO1: 08FLHTCUSE3
Re: Life of a rear Michelin Commander
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:23:12 PM »

Hey 07Hd110

What are you running on the front? I put Commanders front and back on my road king and thought they were great, nice stable ride. I sold the bike after only 700 miles on these tires so can't say anything about long term ride. I am replacing back tire soon and don't know if I should match up Dunlops or go with Commander on the back.

Lance
Someday I can retire and just RIDE
By that time I won't be able to remember
where I left my bike

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »

Also have a Commander on the front.  It was installed at the same time as the rear.  Front is about 50% gone which is normal.  I Usually replaced two rears for every one front on the FLH's that I've owned.

I also like the ride from the Michelin, also seems to brake better in wet wether, except when the tires slick!
 :)

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »

Hey 07Hd110

What are you running on the front? I put Commanders front and back on my road king and thought they were great, nice stable ride. I sold the bike after only 700 miles on these tires so can't say anything about long term ride. I am replacing back tire soon and don't know if I should match up Dunlops or go with Commander on the back.

Lance

I had the same issue - needed to do the back and front was still good... Went Dunlop on the rear again, will go to both when the front craps out - probably another rear left in it. 

Too many good reports on the Mich tires to not go that route - but I am afraid to mix tires front and rear.

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 03:21:22 PM »

I'm really likin' Michelin commanders on both of my machines.  Did very well on the Purple Bike in the mountains this past weekend.

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 21 queries.