Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solo and passenger seat question  (Read 2804 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Solo and passenger seat question
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »

I need to know if anybody has ever seen or heard of this one. I would like to find a solo seat with removable passenger pad that won't leave any marks on the rear fender. I need to be able to sit luggage on the rear seat and attach it to the backrest for touring trips. But I want a solo setup for day to day use. I have TBAG route 66 bag that is designed to sit on the backrest and rest on a seat or luggage rack.

I want the whole thing to be removable so as not to leave any marks on the rear fender--that is important!!!!

And yes..I know a removable tourpak would work--but those are big $$ in CVO colors. I would like to see if there are any other ideas first. I doesn't hurt to throw it out there!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 06:54:29 PM by mjb765 »

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Solo and passenger seat question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:05:51 PM »

Mustang 2-piece touring seats. A wide range of pillion options. They offer a fender bib that should protect the fender when the pillion is in place. I'd give them a call to confirm. They may not yet have seats for 2010s.

It's worth a wait if they don't. I have close to 75K miles on Mustang seats and have always been happy.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:50:36 PM »

If I'm reading it correctly, you don't need a p-pad, you just need someplace to put the luggage without ruining the paint on the fender.

If you look at the thread that I have going "JCZ mods have begun" you'll see the Corbin Classic Solo.  Immediatly behind it you'll see a quick release luggag rack that keeps the Kuryakn Gran Traveler (or other tour bag) completly off the fender.  I think there are several photos in there that show Terrie's street glide loaded.

O.K. here's a photo.....

You can also add the p-pad for a passenger and it stays off the fender.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 08:52:48 PM »

Here's a picture of Terrie's bike with the same rack.....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 08:56:32 PM »

This picture shows Terrie's Street Glide with the luggage rack removed.

West Coast GTG   

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:14:27 PM »

If I'm reading it correctly, you don't need a p-pad, you just need someplace to put the luggage without ruining the paint on the fender.

If you look at the thread that I have going "JCZ mods have begun" you'll see the Corbin Classic Solo.  Immediatly behind it you'll see a quick release luggag rack that keeps the Kuryakn Gran Traveler (or other tour bag) completly off the fender.  I think there are several photos in there that show Terrie's street glide loaded.

O.K. here's a photo.....

You can also add the p-pad for a passenger and it stays off the fender.

I saw that..but I was wondering how stable the bag will be without going through the backrest?

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »

JCZ,
What rack is that???

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 08:35:29 PM »

JCZ,
What rack is that???

Looks like HD part # 54213-09

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.