Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD-Bomm Damn!  (Read 3001 times)

zfdtruckman

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
HD-Bomm Damn!
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:22:22 PM »

Got the HD-Bomm in the mail yesterday and installed.  What a fantastic product!  This cell phone interface is so easy to install and works unbelievably well!  Took some time to find the mic input jack for the Garmin (it was taped to the main cable coming through the fairing but way up at the top unseen).  After installation, it wouldn't work.  Another 30 min. of going over the bluetooth settings and checking all the cables I find I had the 660 set to mute (dumbass).  Today FedEx dropped off my new helmet, got the com system installed and tested again calling my son.  He couldn't tell it was through the system, thought I was just on the phone.  I'm not a person to be on the phone all the time let alone while operating a vehicle but it sure is going to be handy taking or placing a call in the moments you have a great need.  Check out Jim's website.  http://www.hdbomm.com/

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: HD-Bomm Damn!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »

Enjoy your new toys.

zfdtruckman

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »

I know many folks don't like the wire into the input of the radio nor do they want to rip the radio apart and modify the board to add an extra aux input under the fairing.  I find the wire to be the easiest and when it's not being used, it tucks back into the hole by the right handle bar and you barely notice it.

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »

Jim,

I wanted to thank you for the HDBOMM unit you sold me. It works so well, my wife said she could hear me fine and couldn't hear the bike while I was riding (cell to cell). I have a 2011 SEUC with 2" fullsac cores (pretty loud).

I also followed your instruction on removing a component in the radio near the AUX port when adding a rear AUX Cable, it couldn't have been easier. Much better than trying to cut a trace on a multi-layer circuit board . . .

Thanks so much for your product, research and support!!

2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »

Jim, sent me us a HDBOMM to be given a away as a door prize at the fast approaching West Coast GTG in Spokane.

Someone is going to get lucky and take it home.

Again, thanks Jim for your generosity and support.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.