Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Help me decide on a new air cleaner!  (Read 4591 times)

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Help me decide on a new air cleaner!
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:21:26 AM »

Got my black diamond / molten silver coming tomorrow (FINALLY!!!) and decided that the current heavy breather intake is not to my liking.  My possible replacements are 1: DM Twister which is used in conjunction with the heavy breather filter, 2: Roland Sands Clarity 3: Roland Sands Turbine
The last two filters show off both cylinder heads and the look is more symmetrical.  Which ones do you guys like the most?
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Re: Help me decide on a new air cleaner!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:22:56 AM »

Got my black diamond / molten silver coming tomorrow (FINALLY!!!) and decided that the current heavy breather intake is not to my liking.  My possible replacements are 1: DM Twister which is used in conjunction with the heavy breather filter, 2: Roland Sands Clarity 3: Roland Sands Turbine
The last two filters show off both cylinder heads and the look is more symmetrical.  Which ones do you guys like the most?
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:39:52 AM »

I am a big fan of the stock gooseneck, BUT I would not "trick" it out by putting the 1st selection on the bike.  no, no, no.....

The idea of making both jugs more visible is very understandable....that's the downside of the gooseneck design, obviously. Having both stacks visible frames the motor better, and makes the bike more symmetrical, visually, I think(just as you mentioned).

Given that, I would choose the 3rd one.  I don't like the empty cylinder in the 2nd one.  The third one has a more "beefy" design, and I like the fact that you can see the air element in the center and around the outside edge.  That's a very nice piece, I think.  Plus, the air element has a turbine look which works well with the wheel theme..

And congratulations on finally getting the bike, Speedy.  I know you have been waiting for awhile...hopefully the weather where you are will allow you to ride it home!

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:16:40 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 02:51:33 PM »

I am a big fan of the stock gooseneck, BUT I would not "trick" it out by putting the 1st selection on the bike.  no, no, no.....

The idea of making both jugs more visible is very understandable....that's the downside of the gooseneck design, obviously. Having both stacks visible frames the motor better, and makes the bike more symmetrical, visually, I think(just as you mentioned).

Given that, I would choose the 3rd one.  I don't like the empty cylinder in the 2nd one.  The third one has a more "beef" design, and I like the fact that you can see the air element in the center and around the outside edge.  That's a very nice piece, I think.  Plus, the air element has a turbine look which works well with the wheel theme..

And congratulations on finally getting the bike, Speedy.  I know you have been waiting for awhile...hopefully the weather where you are will allow you to ride it home!

Thanks Jeff, that's the way I was leaning too!
Jeff

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »

I like the 3rd one :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

ultrarider123

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:11:25 PM »

The third one has a more "beef" design, and I like the fact that you can see the air element in the center and around the outside edge.  That's a very nice piece, I think.  Plus, the air element has a turbine look which works well with the wheel theme..
Jeff

X2 on that Jeff

Speedy, I agree and think the third one will look killer on that breakout.  Pics to follow please....hopefully... ;)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »

Also like the third (do not go with the 1st-in my opinion that is way over the top)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »

Agree on third choice.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »

Everybody agrees on #3, which I also like. But, its your scoot. If you like to SCREAM "here I am" #1 does that
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »

Definitely the third one.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 07:16:18 PM »

Everybody agrees on #3, which I also like. But, its your scoot. If you like to SCREAM "here I am" #1 does that

I think the rest of the bike already does that  :D
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 03:18:30 AM »

If your going to change the Heavy Breather then the only choice is S&S...

Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

rockinred

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »

I say go with wimmer.  It has a similar look, but way better imo.  I didn't care for the Harley one.  A little too big imo.  This one is smaller and the filter color can be changed and you still get the same air flow intake without compromising.  The change is subtle, but it keeps it on par with original design.  They are pricey, but Wimmer started this look long before MOCO and other spin offs jumped on with design.  Good luck. 

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »

I say, the wimmer is a winner  ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.