Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Help me decide on a new air cleaner!  (Read 4590 times)

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Re: Help me decide on a new air cleaner!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 03:32:23 AM »

I am a big fan of the stock gooseneck, BUT I would not "trick" it out by putting the 1st selection on the bike.  no, no, no.....

The idea of making both jugs more visible is very understandable....that's the downside of the gooseneck design, obviously. Having both stacks visible frames the motor better, and makes the bike more symmetrical, visually, I think(just as you mentioned).

Given that, I would choose the 3rd one.  I don't like the empty cylinder in the 2nd one.  The third one has a more "beefy" design, and I like the fact that you can see the air element in the center and around the outside edge.  That's a very nice piece, I think.  Plus, the air element has a turbine look which works well with the wheel theme..

And congratulations on finally getting the bike, Speedy.  I know you have been waiting for awhile...hopefully the weather where you are will allow you to ride it home!

for now I'm going to hold onto the heavy breather, it does fit the style of the bike no doubt.

Jeff
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.