Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Has anyone used the V&H stagered Short Shots on their Breakout or similar bike  (Read 13873 times)

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member

I really like them and am considering them. Obviously they dont make them for the Breakout but they do make them for the Rocker c and it is almos the same bike.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun

I thought about using them at one point. Had some on a Fat Boy and they are loud!
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I know the ones for the Rocker will fit with 18mm to 12mm 02 sensor adapters.  I posted a video a while back of a CVO Breakout with Short Shots and it sounded awesome!

se-deuce

• CVO1: 2013 Cvo Breakout
    • CVO2: 2003 Cvo Deuce (gone)

Had em on my 2002 fatboy, real loud and lost some power, replaced with a 2 into 1.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun

2-1 gives more power and torque.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

Got them put on yesterday!  Sounds like a Harley and not honda civic.  Very Happy with them
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:11:19 AM by KLB0 »
2013 FXSBSE Black Diamond Molten Silver, VH Shortshot Staggered pipes, Power Vision tuner, Shotgun Shock,  Todd's 10" apes

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

better pic of pipes
2013 FXSBSE Black Diamond Molten Silver, VH Shortshot Staggered pipes, Power Vision tuner, Shotgun Shock,  Todd's 10" apes

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

closer

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE

Had a buddy that has them on a Fat Boy and dang they were loud.  He said after putting some miles on it got to him too.  Bar to bar it was ok but any distance, these were not a choice he would make again.  He also said that he rode two up and his girl ended up making him to get new pipes. He went with the long shots.  They both are very happy now.

My $.02 
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

IMO- The sound is still tame coming off the the stock 110B and you get to see more of that turbine wheel.  My last softail had a S&S 113 with a custom exhaust, so it's all relative.  The girlfriend test will be next week.

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

This is the running post from "canceling orders" posts:

Below is the website and particulars for my new exhaust... When you click on "detailed fitment info" it says NOT for Breakout or CVO Breakout.  I had the local dealer do everything and they said it wasn't a problem and didn't know why they have that on the website.  So I called Vance and Hines, they were pretty quick to inform me they didn't adjust the 12-13 softail model for the wide tire and cannot guarantee against causing "paint issues" with the wider swing arm.  I asked if there was performance issues and he said "no only cosmetic.". The VH tech added the dealer most likely modded the bracket if the install has good clearance. Having zero issues as of now.  Will post close ups of install.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/softail/fullsystems/17225

FITMENT

Price: $399.95
Fits: 2012-2013 SOFTAIL
VH Product ID : 17225*
Parts/Drag ID: 1800-1414*

*CLICK HERE TO SEE DETAILED FITMENT INFORMATION

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic

closer
  Very nice!! But please remove reflectors! :drink:
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

Reflector removal on the long list of to do's. 
top view of rear exhaust bracket

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

Sideways view of right down tube clearance

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member

Rear view of rear bracket
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.