Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cheapest Method for Upgrading '11 Softail Front Brakes  (Read 1090 times)

11 CVO Convertible

• Junior CVO Member
Cheapest Method for Upgrading '11 Softail Front Brakes
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:34 AM »

I have a 2011 CVO Softail that I'm adding some power to, so I need to upgrade the front brakes.  I've already put the Lyndall Gold pads on the front and I'm not impressed.  I would like to put a 13" front rotor on it and try it with the stock calipers and Lyndall pads first.  I've found the adapters to move the stock calipers outward to compensate for the larger rotor, but I'm looking for a 13" floating rotor for cheap that will fit the stock softail wheel.  I'm trying to avoid dropping another $700 on a complete HHI kit....I'm getting WAY too much money stuck in this bike.

Any suggestions?

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Cheapest Method for Upgrading '11 Softail Front Brakes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:46:47 PM »

Just replaced my brakes on the cvo dyna with Lyndall Z plus pads and really like them over the stock ones they stop great....  I think i read on their site that the Gold pads should be used in conjuction with a specific type rotor and not used with stock rotor this may be why u are unhappy with the Lyndall pads...    I also drag one foot in bad brakeing  situations.... :o :o :o

11 CVO Convertible

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Cheapest Method for Upgrading '11 Softail Front Brakes
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »

Just replaced my brakes on the cvo dyna with Lyndall Z plus pads and really like them over the stock ones they stop great....  I think i read on their site that the Gold pads should be used in conjuction with a specific type rotor and not used with stock rotor this may be why u are unhappy with the Lyndall pads...    I also drag one foot in bad brakeing  situations.... :o :o :o

Nope, Reds are specifically formulated for their composite rotors.  Gold are the most aggressive they make and are suitable for stainless rotors.

http://www.lyndallbrakes.com/application-guide/

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.