Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Thinking about buying an SE V Rod  but>>>  (Read 20716 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Thinking about buying an SE V Rod
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 10:21:07 AM »

I got an '06 and I haven't figured out how to get the pics out of the Friggin camera yet, Guess I'll have to call ny 10 year old neighbor to come over and figure that out>> but I can tell you it's Red and I'm gonna put a few miles on it this morning>>>

I've got the Red 06 too...beautiful bike, and the big fat tire on the rear makes the bike look wicked (that was for you, Ed  ;) )   The SE slips give the bike a nice voice, and they maintain the flow of the lines of the bike, IMO.  They will get a bit louder after they are broken in, so keep that in mind the first time you hear them.  They are not loud at all though...just right for that bike.

I've read varying reports on the Windvest...I would call them or e-mail to be certain of getting the right size.  To my eye, it is by far the only one that looks right on the V, as it follows the line of the front of the bike well. From what I've read, it will do a good job of blocking wind from your chest and head...

Enjoy the new scoot and figure out that camera!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 08:11:12 PM »

Enjoy the bike...I sure do...

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 06:28:49 PM »

Damn>>> You guys are all heart>> I appreciate you trying to help out a brother>> SE slip-on's on the way. Got a new "Old" set , the good ones They came from Jenni @ Benji's H/D>>Less 20%.. Jennni is the bomb. Race Tuner coming.. Does the Windvest windshield with the Euro flip work well??? I just can bring myself to put that Big Ass ugly H/D touring windshield on>>>>>

I can't hardly bring myself to put any ugly windshield on it, but you have to if you don't want to get beat up by the wind!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:32:03 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: Thinking about buying an SE V Rod  but>>>
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 08:14:47 PM »

I can't hardly bring myself to put any ugly windshield on it, but you have to if you don't want to get beat up by the wind!!  Oh and I don't know if the Thunder Header follows the lines of the bike but it sure as heck let folks know you're coming (and going), and I certainly get enough looks and comments about it.  (It doesn't hurt the HP/TQ readings either!)

Hey thanks V Girl.. I thought about a t- header but I'd like to be able to ride for an hour or so without the HD ring in my ear.. Reminds me of my last big block Shelby.. 3:91 Gear and cruise  about 80. Got out of it  after about an hour  and could hear S*&t for 30 min. The V is a rush to ride, not broken in yet about 110 mi. and  not twisting it over 5500 yet but damn it gets there in a hurry, Gotta have a windshield.. I'll get some pics up a soon as I figure out camera>>> Greg      
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.