Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Breakout for long distance touring???  (Read 21554 times)

Elias1974

Re: Breakout for long distance touring???
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 06:54:36 AM »

Just ended an holiday trip of 3 days. Total 900 Kms. Not bad uh?
Problems? Naaa. Not with my breakout.
My and my girlfriend, 2 of the most difficult mountain pass in Europe: Passo Mortirolo and Passo dello Stelvio (2758 Mt above sea level).
NO PROBLEMS at all!
Windshield? No please!!!!

Take Your breakout and Start your trip asap!!!

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »

Sounds like an awesome trip, I would not hesitate to do the same with my Breakout.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »

Just ended an holiday trip of 3 days. Total 900 Kms. Not bad uh?
Problems? Naaa. Not with my breakout.
My and my girlfriend, 2 of the most difficult mountain pass in Europe: Passo Mortirolo and Passo dello Stelvio (2758 Mt above sea level).
NO PROBLEMS at all!
Windshield? No please!!!!

Take Your breakout and Start your trip asap!!!

My kinda attitude!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Elias1974

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 05:00:21 AM »

My kinda attitude!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Here's a pic of my wonderful trip! Enjoy!

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »

Here's a pic of my wonderful trip! Enjoy!

Great shot! Thanks for sharing. That's something I have observed with the European riders. Because of the great distances in NA we have gravitated more and more towards comfort, hence the abundance of baggers in US. Europe is still into the essence of motorcycles so we see more cafe racers, bobbers, etc. I like the Breakout precisely because it is a compromise between these two extremes.

When I was planing my trip to NC to visit Jimmy I had some concerns because of the distance involved (400 miles each way) until my buddy in UK told me about his trip across Europe on his wide glide with his wife and everything they needed for a 3000+ mile trip over an entire week. And you know what, I loved every minute of my 3 day trip (1100+ miles). When I got back home, my wife was amazed at the fact that I was not the least bit tired.

:soapbox:
We can learn a thing or two from our fellow European riders. It would help us adjust our view of ridership if you guys tell us more about your rides. Don't let us dominate the discussions with our need for storage, comfort, electronic toys, air conditioning, automatic folding tops, power windows, microwave ovens, coffee makers, heaters, A/C, bathrooms/showers, etc. all packed on top of two wheels with all the inherent technical glitches that come with the complex machinery we seem to be gravitating towards on this side of the ocean.

So keep these reports coming. Thanks to you I am going to see if I can talk Jimmy (or Chip?) into letting me ride down to NC for another visit this riding season. I'm sure there are some more back roads we can navigate, he leads and I follow.

Just my two cents.

p.s. All that being said, I'm still going to get an RG (and keep the Breakout) for those really, really long rides, like from VA to Sturgis and back! ;)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 06:32:02 AM »

I work with a guy that up until a couple years ago rode a 03 screaming Eagle dyna low rider. He put 77k on it doing 4-5k trips. No windshield, no bags, nothing.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Elias1974

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 06:46:44 AM »

Great shot! Thanks for sharing. That's something I have observed with the European riders. Because of the great distances in NA we have gravitated more and more towards comfort, hence the abundance of baggers in US. Europe is still into the essence of motorcycles so we see more cafe racers, bobbers, etc. I like the Breakout precisely because it is a compromise between these two extremes.

When I was planing my trip to NC to visit Jimmy I had some concerns because of the distance involved (400 miles each way) until my buddy in UK told me about his trip across Europe on his wide glide with his wife and everything they needed for a 3000+ mile trip over an entire week. And you know what, I loved every minute of my 3 day trip (1100+ miles). When I got back home, my wife was amazed at the fact that I was not the least bit tired.

:soapbox:
We can learn a thing or two from our fellow European riders. It would help us adjust our view of ridership if you guys tell us more about your rides. Don't let us dominate the discussions with our need for storage, comfort, electronic toys, air conditioning, automatic folding tops, power windows, microwave ovens, coffee makers, heaters, A/C, bathrooms/showers, etc. all packed on top of two wheels with all the inherent technical glitches that come with the complex machinery we seem to be gravitating towards on this side of the ocean.

So keep these reports coming. Thanks to you I am going to see if I can talk Jimmy (or Chip?) into letting me ride down to NC for another visit this riding season. I'm sure there are some more back roads we can navigate, he leads and I follow.

Just my two cents.

p.s. All that being said, I'm still going to get an RG (and keep the Breakout) for those really, really long rides, like from VA to Sturgis and back! ;)

thank You camcvo!
In facts, really, we (european) don't care so much about "sofa-like" rides or tecnological toys on our bikes. Even if we have plenty of curves on our roads.

I went twice in the states and i noticed that distances there are much more bigger than europe. And, of course, a 300 miles trip may be done for 200 miles on a straight road.

For me, windshield it's NOT an option. It doesn't exist at all. I want to feel the wind.

So many kinds of riders and so many kinds of bikes, this is the true essence of riding a motorcycle. No matter if it's a bagger, a chopper, a Ducati Monster or a Yamaha R1..! Well, except for BMW...  ;D i'm not able to look at these bikes...  ;)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »

Rode my old Wide Glide for years and many miles before adding my very first windshield and I got to tell you I won't take it off. It really makes a difference on the fatigue factor and it's nice watching the bugs hit it and not you.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 10:30:38 AM »

Rode my old Wide Glide for years and many miles before adding my very first windshield and I got to tell you I won't take it off. It really makes a difference on the fatigue factor and it's nice watching the bugs hit it and not you.

I can only imagine the difference between a 500 mile day on a non windshield bike and a windshield bike. I always have plenty of energy to do things when we stop for the day on my bike but I would bet that wouldn't be the case on something without a windshield and wind protection.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.