Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom Box 6.5 GT Navigation Update  (Read 9280 times)

tpcrawford

• Tim
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Boom Box 6.5 GT Navigation Update
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »

Hello,

I have a 2014 FLHTKSE.    I have updated the radio firmware several times and I'm currently at 1.18.1 with no issues.

I decided after the 18.1 upgrade to try and update the GPS Firmware/Software.  I was able to create the fingerprint and get the NaviSync tools to recognize my flash drive.   It notified me that there was a critical update for my unit, which I allowed it to download.  It also allowed me to download the latest Maps for NA.  2013 Q2.

Took USB drive to bike and was able to update the Maps on the unit to 2013 Q2, took almost an hour to do.    Once that was completed, I created another "fingerprint" just to double check.    Again, I was notified that there was a "crictical update" for my unit.   I downloaded it again.  Went to the bike and began the process again.  I repeatedly get ... Error:  NavSync_NoNavContent 

My Navigation Software is currently:  9.10.14.297212
My Navigation Database is currently:  HDNACVO  NQNA2013Q2   20140310

The flashdrives I've tried are as follows;

8GB  ....  formatted NTFS .... then tried Fat32
16GB  ....  formatted NTFS .... then tried Fat32
32 GB  ....  formatted NTFS .... then tried Fat32

All of the above receive the same error.

Question is this ...... has anyone been able to successfully apply the "critical update" ?  If so, how did you do it ?   Another question would be, does this "critical update"  really exist or is it something that's being flagged erroneously ?

Curious to hear what others are experiencing.

-Tim

2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited, Flame Blue, Vivid Black  --  SOLD
2007 VRSCAW VROD, Black Cherry Pearl  -- SOLD

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Boom Box 6.5 GT Navigation Update
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »

I've been trying to figure out how to update my maps with the naviextras toolbox but can't get the laptop to find the bikes nav.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

DownUnder CVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited-Traded
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra- Traded
    • CVO3: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:55:48 AM »

I Think the "Error: NavSync NoNavContent" is because there was no maps to update.

I did the same as you (but didn't update any maps) got the critical update message, applied it to the usb fingerprint put it back in the bike and got the above message.
If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:35:34 AM »

Read this on the RG forum last night guys and thought I'd share it.

See if it makes sense to you guys.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=173346

Quote from: perrykw;2179962
Info from "another forum". Unable to verify, but it makes sense . . . .

i everyone,

I'm an analysis technician for the company that does warranty research for Harman and used to work for Harman as well. I was just doing a little research on some of the new softwareissues and ran across this post and thought I would drop some things on here for you.

What you all are experiencing is an issue where the company that makes the maps has a license for each variation they put out. Units with software 1.17.4 and below all have a older map files that 1.17.5, so an older license. No dealership has had access to 1.17.5 updates as upgrading to 1.17.5 causes the navigation to no longer work (will be stuck in the navigation not ready state) because the license file is wrong in 1.17.5 for the 1.17.4 maps. This also caused an issue where dealerships and technicians were trying to 'update' the software but were actually downgrading it to 1.17.4 from 1.17.5 and causing the nav to stop working on new units that come with 1.17.5 installed.

The packages from 1.17.4 to 1.18.1 isn't something you should worry about. They are referring to firmware for different components inside the unit that are probably already up to date from 1.17.4 so they don't need to be further updated. If you were coming from 1.16.9, then they would most likely need it.

This new software is Harman's attempt to fix the licensing issue so everyone can continue to update their software without breaking the Nav files. I was just made aware of the possible problems with the new software and they are working on a patch to fix the units that can't update as we speak.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:38:20 AM by Ohiobellboy »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »

The software download site has been temporarily down since mid afternoon.

Perhaps they may make some corrections rather sooner than 6 months later.

This would be wishful thinking ...  :o

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »

The software download site has been temporarily down since mid afternoon.

Perhaps they may make some corrections rather sooner than 6 months later.

This would be wishful thinking ...  :o
Seems like everything the MotoCo touches turns to .............................

BigLew

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 10:50:53 PM »

I updated my other 2014 CVO to the 1.18.1 software the week before I traded it off. No issues. I asked the dealer to update the new bike before I picked it up. I got about 5 miles from the dealer when I noticed the nav had no streets on it. I went back and they call Harley and was told on some bikes the new software effects the nav and it looses the streets.
They reverted it back to the previous version and I have nav again.
I still have the update I put in the other bike but scared to attempt it.

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 09:34:40 PM »

I posted on another thread on this, but I got both, the nav update and maps installed and the new 18.1.1 update installed and everything works great.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.