Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: Converting tour pack to Quick Detach  (Read 52167 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Converting tour pack to Quick Detach
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:08:18 PM »

This works for either running it in the solo position or the 2-up position.  The Harley kit is not a good choice for the CVO bikes as it contains many parts not needed, and in my opinion the way  it locates the plate is just plain ugly.  This conversion is pretty straight forward and with basic hand tool skill most any one should be able to do it.  You only need one of the two racks depending on where you want the TP.  The optional parts are if you want to convert the rear turn signals to run-brake-turn.

HD Parts list:
4-Point Docking Hardware   52300353  159.95
Solo TP rack mount      53000225   209.95
2-up rack mount      53000221   199.95
Individual pin connectors    73191-96
3-Pin Receptacle Housing: 73153-96BK
Curved license plate frame   67900008   89.95

Other parts
Kuryakyn curved led license   3144  55.90  on ebay

Optional parts
Custom Dynamics Break Turn module    GEN SMARTTPUBCM  89.95
   http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm   
Custom Dynamics Red LED signal bulbs  1156 (single element and pin)  bullet style
Front Custom Dynamic Ringz 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:50:16 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

Re: Converting tour pack to Quick Detach
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:08:45 PM »

First remove the seat.  To do this remove the Philips screw at the back, then slide the seat back a little to free the nose.  While lifting the seat a way be sure to un plug the heating element, there is a release on the plug. 

Now unplug all the wires going to the tour pack.  Each plug has a tap that has to be pressed or lifted to separate the two parts of the plug.  You may have a couple cable ties to cut.  Also a couple of the plugs have to slide out of clips holding them in place. 

With all the wires to the tour pack dis-connected, the tour pack can be removed.  Find an area where you plan to set the tour pack and put a blanket there to protect it.  Remove both tour pack antenna.  Then it’s best to remove the saddle bags to make easier access to the four torques that hold it in place.   Loosen the four torques and remove them.  The tour pack will not fall and will sit without the torques in place.  Now to lift the tour pack out, lift up at the back and carefully slide back and up.  I had a towel on the fender in case.  Set the tour pack on the blanket upside down.

With the tour pack removed the 4-Point Docking hardware can be installed.  I used the four torques that held the tour pack in place rather than the four that came in the kit.  Position the two brackets in place and tighten the torques.  The instruction for mounting the hardware on the brackets are wrong for the two closest to the front, for the back two it is correct.  For the front the washer does not go in first, but the spacer does.  Also the rubber mount the side that has the fatter metal goes out, not in like the instruction say.  Put these on loosely.  You may have to adjust to smoothly fit your rack.

Then set the solo rack on and test fitment.  You may have to adjust washer position.  Also the instructions show how to rotate the rubber through a 090 degree range to adjust tightness.  Get this all set with the rack before you mount the tour pack.  Once satisfied tighten the four rubber mounts.

With the tour pack upside down on a blanket or such, remove the four nuts holding the factory mount on the tour pack.  Once removed, lift the mount away and set aside.  Place the new quick detach rack in place, make sure you position it so the forward side of the quick detach is forward on tour pack.  Once set in place side it forward or rearward to your desired location and tighten the nuts.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:37:04 PM by FLSTFI Dave »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

Wiring modification
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »

Modify the wiring harness to work with TP both on and off.  This is easy to do, just takes patients and care.  The black cloth covering can be carefully pulled apart starting at the plug end.  There is an adhesive holding it together.  Work it apart going all the way back to just above the battery.

Now with the cloth cover opened up, cut all the tape holding the wires together.  Be careful not to cut a wire.  Now pull the two wires and plug out that go to the left saddle bag, and the two wires and plug out that go to the right saddle bag.

Re-tape the main harness in the same places it was taped before.  Tape the area the wires were pulled out of the main harness.  I then with help taped the pair of wires to the right back starting at the harness going to the plug.  I taped them the tightly the entire length. 

Then did the same for the right bag.  Last I re wrapped the main harness with the cloth covering leaving the two bag wires out.  This is so when running with just the solo seat, the rest of the harness can be under the seat.  As you can see below that the two bag plugs are nice and neat, and separate from the main harness now, and the main harness looks stock.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:37:56 PM by FLSTFI Dave »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

Plate relocation and lighting for frame
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »

For the new licence plate mounting fist I use painters tape and mask the fender all around the light and light bar so I do not scratch anything.  Then take the tail light off.  This has to be done to get at the plugs behind it.  The tail light just un plugs from the bike.  Now you can take off the turn signal bar.  This is two bolts that you can get from behind the fender, with the tire in place.  10mm socket if I remember correctly.  Once it is loos and off it will be hanging by two pair of wires.  Just un plug both pair from the tail light housing and then remove them from the clips under the fender and pull them out.

Now the Curved license plate frame #67900008 needs to have a little grinding done so it will fit into the turn signal bracket.  Its just a little around the edges until it fits.  I did it with a dremel tool and grinding wheels for it.  A bench grinder would be faster.  It took me about 5 to 10 minutes. Its the top edges and side edges around the bolt holes where it will bolt to the turn signal bar.

Once it fits flat, just bolt it in place.

Now the Kuryakyn curved led license frame is bolted onto the Harley frame.  Cut the wires to the frame right at the plug.  Pull the wires up thru the frame to the back of the turn signal bar.

You will have to add about 12 inches of wire.  The best way is to solder the new wires on, and then heat shrink over them or good electrical tape.
Now it’s time to put the turn signal bar back in place. 

Pull the wires back thru the fender and into the tail light.  Looking at the rear of the bike I pulled the new wires in on the left side, as they will plug in on the left side of the tail light.  Once the wires are pulled in, just bolt the turn signal bar into place.  Plug both turn signals back in where you un plugged them from.  The new wires will go in the three pin slot above where the tail light will plug back in.  If I remember correctly the left side is negative and the right side is positive.  Test with meter with ignition on.  You can by pin connectors from HD 73191-96 will fit these perfectly.  I will replace the home made spade connectors I used with the HD 73191-96 individual connectors.  I will also get the3-Pin Receptacle Housing: 73153-96BK  What I did was took a spade connector, and cut one side off and smashed it with pliers until it was a tight fit on the pin, then did it for the other one.  Now just screw the tail light back into place.  I put a metal HD decal over the white lite on the tail light that shined on the old plate location.

In picture below you can see the pair of purple and black wires for the left turn signal on the left side, and the similar pair on the right side for the right turn signal.  You can see the green ground I added and the yellow hot for the plate frame to the empty 3 pin plug, middle not used.  right below that is where the tail light plugs in.

Close up

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:52:15 PM by FLSTFI Dave »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

Optional Light modification
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:29:08 PM »

Optional…I turned my outside turn signals into both run lights, brake lights and turn.  I think this provides much more and brighter light.  I used custom dynamic red LED bulb and the GEN SMARTTPUBCM  module.  Its the red module in the below picture.  You just unplug the wiring barnes for the rear lights on the fender, and plug the module in between them.

This module is what does the conversion from just turn to run, turn and brake.  It also lets you balance brightness with the tail light.  It also gives you 9 different choices if you want some sort of flash on the brake lights.  Directions for this are very good. 

Also had to block the the white light from tail light as plate is no longer above it.  Just a simple HD metal decal.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:57:45 PM by FLSTFI Dave »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »

Here are some pictures finished.

No Tour pack

With Tour pack.   Floor boards were also removed.  No bag guards either for a cleaner look.

Out side

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:11:22 PM by FLSTFI Dave »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »

Great post, Dave!    :2vrolijk_21:   I'm sure this will be helpful to lots of guys.    :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

A few other quick modifications.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 10:09:40 PM »

Replaced the reflector saddle bag latches.  They look much better if you ask me, from HD parts catalog.

Took my mid frame heat shields off, had them painted gloss black.  Then put a plug in the left one for my heated gear.  Keeps it neat.

Then a new timer cover to match the Derby cover I put on when I got the bike.

Derby 

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »

Well done David.  :2vrolijk_21:
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 11:13:35 PM »

Nice job Dave. I like what you did to split out the saddlebag wires for the electric locks. I'll have to consider doing that on mine. However, if I get lazy I'll just run without electric locks and use the key if I really need to lock them up. I concur on the passenger floor boards. If you are riding solo best to get rid of them. I seem to hit them with my legs, especially the right one when mounting. As for the saddlebag crash bars, I am going to keep mine on and get some saddlebag water bottle holders. Since the fairing lowers don't have a glove compartment anymore I lost my bottle carrier. During the summers I usually get two 1-liter bottles at gas stops and will have them drunk by the next gas stop. I like the heated gear connector in the heat shield as well. My only problem is that I use the battery tender converter for my heated gear. I guess I'll still have wires exposed. Also, thanks for providing the connector pin part number. I am thinking they must make a 3-pin connector because that 3-wire socket is intended for a fender trim light option.

I was able to recycle a 2009 HD plate holder from my take-off parts shelf. The Kuryakyn plate frame I both has 2 different lights. A red led running/brake light and a combo red led running light and white led light to light the plate. Frankly the white light is not illuminating the plate very well but it meets the intent of the law. I had to hack on the Kuryakyn frame a bit to fit with the turn light assembly. You really don't see if unless you walk up to it and give it a thorough inspection.

On the TP, did you move it all the way forward on the solo detach mount or is there still room for forward movement? I am just wondering if the solo could be configured to eliminate the seat backrest and strictly use the TP backrest. I saw a post where someone did that on a slightly different setup that didn't have the armrests and speakers.

Simon

PS: That large connector in the back that has the white clip plugged into the TP mount was a beyotch to get disconnected and removed from the mount.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:26:08 PM by DesertHOG »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 08:17:30 AM »

Simon,

My tour pack is slid all the way forward.  for me it does not come quite far enough forward for a good back rest for my lower back.    I am rather thin.  Some have said all the way forward it works good as a back rest for them.  Also if my seat was about 3/4 inch farther back it would work great.  However it does provide a nice place to rest my arm.  I like it for the much better weight distribution.

Splitting the bag lock plug wires makes it nice and clean for running the solo seat.  Quick detach is nice for when I do not need a tour pac, which is most the time.  My set up would work fine also for running the tour pack in the normal position, just use the other 2 up mount on the tour pac.

As for floor boards originally I swapped sides with them, it provides a few inches more leg room for the rider.  Then when I decided to go solo I just removed them.  I was going to add foot pegs instead of boards but, solo no need.

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »

Nice job, thanks for the detailed instructions!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »

Great writeup Dave.

So, I take it amps are no longer an issue?

I switch between solo and two up quick detach mounts on my 05 tourpaks.
Any issue between going back and forth with the newest setup (detach brackets)?
Just the four bolts?

Radio ok with just the fronts?

I originally had my tourpak solo mount forward (as you for a back rest). I moved it back and now put my rain gear in a stuff bag and stick it down at the bottom for the lower back.

Simon, all the connectors used on the bikes are available as pieces and parts at the dealer. From single wire up to a 12 wire piece.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »

Great write up Dave. Only thing that would bother me is the emblem getting partially covered by the plate frame. I'd have to get rid of the emblem altogether for a cleaner look.

Simon, You are correct about that 3 pin spot in the tail light. It is where the tribar light on the RGC fascia plugs into. I add that piece on my current bike and will be doing it on the new one also. The dealer does have the little plastic plug to add the pins into for a cleaner install.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »

Great write up Dave. Only thing that would bother me is the emblem getting partially covered by the plate frame. I'd have to get rid of the emblem altogether for a cleaner look.

Simon, You are correct about that 3 pin spot in the tail light. It is where the tribar light on the RGC fascia plugs into. I add that piece on my current bike and will be doing it on the new one also. The dealer does have the little plastic plug to add the pins into for a cleaner install.

That's worth one "official nit"   :P
Not many alternatives and the overall impact of the change is awesome!

DH

SMSgt B

• Full CVO Member
    • FL
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

Dave,

Thanks for the post as I'll eventually need this information to do the same. I noticed both antennas mounted; are they still operational or did you go with hidden antennas and these are just for looks?

V/r

George

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 07:52:36 PM »

What was the old "emblem" called?

SBRTUP or something like that.

MV 2013

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »

What was the old "emblem" called?

SBRTUP or something like that.
SUBTOTBF = Stupid Ugly Black Thing On The Back Fender (referring to the back fender of the SEEG 2 below/under the license plate)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »

Ugly - I knew I was forgetting the key word.

MV 2013

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »

Great writeup Dave.

So, I take it amps are no longer an issue?

I switch between solo and two up quick detach mounts on my 05 tourpaks.
Any issue between going back and forth with the newest setup (detach brackets)?
Just the four bolts?

Radio ok with just the fronts?

I originally had my tourpak solo mount forward (as you for a back rest). I moved it back and now put my rain gear in a stuff bag and stick it down at the bottom for the lower back.

Simon, all the connectors used on the bikes are available as pieces and parts at the dealer. From single wire up to a 12 wire piece.

The amp is no issue as it's in the fairing.  Radio is just fine with just the fronts, I could never hear the rears all the way back when moving in two up.

Yes it would just be the four nuts to change which rack the Tour Pac sat on, either two up or solo, same detach hardware.

I added the part number for the HD connectors to the first post.

I really like it forward for the weight distribution, also like the looks better.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 08:22:08 PM »

I wish the whole emblem would show, however it is minor for the over all better weight distribution, handling and looks of the bike to me.  Not sure what I could put in its place.

I will now look to see if I can get the little plastic plug, all I could find were for two pin ones.  I try the parts break down for that tribal light.  Thanks

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 08:24:38 PM »

Dave,

Thanks for the post as I'll eventually need this information to do the same. I noticed both antennas mounted; are they still operational or did you go with hidden antennas and these are just for looks?

V/r

George
The antennas are fully operational.  I will be adding JM hidden antennas, with splitters.  This way when tour pack off I still have fair antennas, and when TP on I will have the better ones.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 06:26:04 AM »

I really like it forward for the weight distribution, also like the looks better.

I don't feel much difference in the weight distribution, but I do like the way it looks  :2vrolijk_21:

MV 2013

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 07:22:27 AM »

Great write up and visual, the last time I did conversions were on my '05' and 07' road glides, when I added all the HD touring accessories to my standard RG's(detachable rack, lighted king TP, tank console & CB, dash mounted GPS and XM).
Thanks

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 10:49:30 PM »

Dave,

On another site you mentioned that you got a run, turn, brake module for your TourPak from Custom Dynamics. Please post the part number when you get that information.

Thanks
Simon

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »

Dave,

On another site you mentioned that you got a run, turn, brake module for your TourPak from Custom Dynamics. Please post the part number when you get that information.

Thanks
Simon

Simon,
Custom Dynamics has a magic strobe (MAGIC-STROBES-LTP) for the 14/15 tour paks. This is the one that Dave and I are using. I don't believe that a run, turn and brake module is available for the 14/15 tour paks. The BCM that is on our bikes has a bit the can be turned on using the Digital Tech. It modifies the function of the tail lights on the fender and the tour pak. Currently the rear fender center light works as a running light and brake light. The bullets are signal lights only. As for the tour pak the center light is a running light and brake light, the outer lights are running lights and signals. If you get the bit turned on using the Digital Tech the rear fender bullet lights change to the run, turn and brake function. The rear fender center light operation remains unchanged. The tour pak outer lights are now run, turn and brake. The tour pak center light operation remains unchanged. If you want a strobe effect Custom Dynamics modules work great but the tour pak strobe only works on the center light even if you get the bit turned on. If you are just wanting the run, turn and brake functions for all the rear tails lights then just get the bit turned on.
Hope this helps,
Joe
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:13:30 PM by cvosjoe »
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 08:23:09 PM »

Dave,

Is this the TourPak conversion kit? I think Custom Dynamics calls it a "Magic Convertor".

Simon

Nope.
  I have this Custom Dynamics GEN SMARTTPUBCM for the lower lights not on tour pac which turn the bullets into run, turn and Brake plus several flash choices.  Then as Joe said above I have the Custom Dynamics MAGIC-STROBES-LTP for the tour pac.  Joe explained it very well.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 09:19:16 AM »

I just finished adding the Street Glide rear fender fascia and relocating the license plate mount.  The fascia lights act as run and brake lights.  Also used a custom dynamics small clear LED strip light up inside the cross bar to light the plate. 

NOTE: Parts list:
2995 ...............Torx Pan head screws ...for tip light 4ea
59500161DH ....Rear fascia, vivid black
59818-09 .........Stud plate assembly...2 ea...fascia filler side mounts...use 3M red trim tape
7499 ................Nuts for studs...6 ea
59581-05 .........Bumper, rear fender (plastic disc with 3M tape on back)...replaces the CVO emblem
58749-06 .........Male plug, rear fender...three wires to plug into the brake light...wires go left to right Black, red, white
68358-07A .......Tri-bar, run/brake light
67900008 .........Kit, license plate relocation bracket (Black)
73191-96 .........Pins for wires...4ea...one extra just in case

Total with my mil discount: $326.44
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:52:45 PM by Beemer »

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »

Running lights on

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 09:26:50 AM »

From side

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 07:16:59 AM »

Very nice.  I will have to find out how much to have the street glide piece paint matched, I may add that to mine.

DownUnder CVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited-Traded
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra- Traded
    • CVO3: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »

I wish the whole emblem would show, however it is minor for the over all better weight distribution, handling and looks of the bike to me.  Not sure what I could put in its place.

I will now look to see if I can get the little plastic plug, all I could find were for two pin ones.  I try the parts break down for that tribal light.  Thanks
Dave in Australia our CVO's don't come with CVO emblems. We have a ugly round black plastic cover in is place which covers a recessed bolt. I have removed and installed theses twice.
You can remove your emblem with fishing line or plumbers straight line cord and lower it with new double sided tape, your licence plate may cover the bolt recess.
If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 08:02:59 PM »

Very nice.  I will have to find out how much to have the street glide piece paint matched, I may add that to mine.
Local PPG painter did the one I had on my '11 for $60. He still have some paint from when he did my saddlebag spoiler lights. Dead on match. Not sure how much Joe would want to do it and shipping is something to consider in the price also. I'll do it again on this bike, get that damn black piece around the TP lights matched and the mid frame deflectors also. Along with stretched bags.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 07:53:41 AM »

I have thought about the stretched bags.  However at this point it does not seem worth the money on a bike that will get traded in 2~3 years.

xwino

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 05:51:28 PM »

It might be a long shot but if anyone wants to sell their CVO fender emblem please PM me.
I have a 2014 FLHRSE that has picked up a small chip on the rear fender that it would cover
I tried to order one but they are vin specific and the 2014 SE Road King doesn't come with one
Thanks if anyone who made the conversion has an unused one and can help a fellow CVO brother out

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »

It might be a long shot but if anyone wants to sell their CVO fender emblem please PM me.
I have a 2014 FLHRSE that has picked up a small chip on the rear fender that it would cover
I tried to order one but they are vin specific and the 2014 SE Road King doesn't come with one
Thanks if anyone who made the conversion has an unused one and can help a fellow CVO brother out

XWINO,

We have a "buying" section on CVOHarley.com

DH

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »

Here are some pictures finished.

No Tour pack

With Tour pack.   Floor boards were also removed.  No bag guards either for a cleaner look.

Out side

Hi Dave
What kind of Corbin seat are you using. Does it come with heat?
Will it give you a lower seating position?
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 07:45:57 PM »

Hi Dave
What kind of Corbin seat are you using. Does it come with heat?
Will it give you a lower seating position?

It is a corbin Classic solo.

Heat is an option, I did not get it as this came off my 12 SERG with no heat.

Yes it is at least an inch lower, probably closer to two.

I'm a fan of this seat, in these pictures it has more than 46K miles on it.  I have done nothing to it but wash it when I wash the bike.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 08:09:21 PM »

It is a corbin Classic solo.

Heat is an option, I did not get it as this came off my 12 SERG with no heat.

Yes it is at least an inch lower, probably closer to two.

I'm a fan of this seat, in these pictures it has more than 46K miles on it.  I have done nothing to it but wash it when I wash the bike.

You get a new license plate yet?

cheeset202

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 09:29:01 PM »

I did a similar conversion on my 14 Limited, added hidden antenna under fairing, curved plate, custom seat.  Wires for saddlebag locks reached the bags without having to remove from harness cover. Pretty easy conversion. Everything works great, like to add the saddlebag speakers but not sure it's worth the $2000 cost!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »

You get a new license plate yet?

Yes I did....

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 08:23:30 PM »

Yes I did....

What happened to your filler panels?

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2015, 08:24:25 PM »

Also made had powder coated and installed vent screens.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »

What happened to your filler panels?

At painters, using them to try to paint match a Street glide style rear facia.  They do not seem to be having much luck, may have to contact the guy people on the forum use.

Mazin_2015SERGU

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2015, 04:40:37 AM »

At painters, using them to try to paint match a Street glide style rear fascia.  They do not seem to be having much luck, may have to contact the guy people on the forum use.

I hope you will upload pics once the SG rear fascia is done as yours would be the first blue CVO to get that mod.
will a 2009 street glide fascia fit 2015 CVO RGU fender?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2015, 07:14:42 AM »

At painters, using them to try to paint match a Street glide style rear facia.  They do not seem to be having much luck, may have to contact the guy people on the forum use.
I had Jimmy post a pix of his 13 SERK in blue. Should be able to order that from the dealer paint matched to the crushed sapphire. BTW,,,,, the SG/RG bags look pretty damn good paint matched  :)

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2015, 07:52:11 AM »

My 2013 SERK is the same Crushed Sapphire and I had Xtreme Dimension paint a Swinebox tourpack for me. So Joe already has the formula for the Crushed Sapphire and the Cold Fusion Graphics also. His work is second to none.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2015, 08:09:40 PM »

My 2013 SERK is the same Crushed Sapphire and I had Xtreme Dimension paint a Swinebox tourpack for me. So Joe already has the formula for the Crushed Sapphire and the Cold Fusion Graphics also. His work is second to none.
That is who I was planing on using if The paint shop my dealer can't get it done. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 08:07:37 AM »

Facia is now on with the tri-light bar, need to wire it today I hope.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 08:08:22 AM »

Another
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:31:26 AM by FLSTFI Dave »

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »

Jealous!  Looks great, Dave!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:37 PM »

Jealous!  Looks great, Dave!

$200 here, $300 there, you can have the same thing :D

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2015, 10:09:57 AM »

Thanks Greg.

Got it wired a couple weeks ago, right before I left for my Key West trip on the bike.

Tri-light in the facia is set up for run and brake, looks very good.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »

Here is how it is wired to the tail light.  The three wires go in an empty plug socket right above where the tail light plugs in.

Black is ground, red is brake and white is run.  I also have my tag light spliced into the black and white.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2015, 10:28:03 AM »

Another of it.  The stock road glides and street glides this does not work as a brake light.  Going to see if I can make it work on my wife road glide special.

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2015, 11:49:04 AM »

That looks great, Dave! Now you've got me wanting to spend more money!    >:(

Sawyer Brown

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2015, 08:56:18 PM »

That looks great, Dave! Now you've got me wanting to spend more money!    >:(
Don't forget the stretched bags for it  :P

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2015, 09:16:33 PM »

I saw that on Facebook. Darn you!

Sawyer Brown

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2015, 07:19:02 AM »

Don't forget the stretched bags for it  :P

I have been entertaining the idea of stretched bags.  I know how much the bags are, about what did the paint cost?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2015, 09:45:12 AM »

I have been entertaining the idea of stretched bags.  I know how much the bags are, about what did the paint cost?
I'll PM you on that
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:48:36 AM by OBB »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2015, 08:26:54 AM »

I'll PM you on that
Thanks for the information.

cc.canada

• Canada
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue & Crushed Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2008 FXDSE2 Candy Cobalt with Midnight Blue
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »

Great kit and idea I plan on doing this very soon but ran into a problem 67900008 rear license holder / bracket is not available to be sold here in Canada as per Deeley Harley-Davidson Canada not DOT , I tried ordering one on-line but most dealers who do internet  sales  will not ship to Canada as per Harley-Davidson rules in the USA  or redirect to a second shipping warehouse as perHD  Rules as well , could any one help me purchase one and help shipping it to Me in Airdrie Alberta Canada I can send funds via paypal to cover cost and shipping fees

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2015, 04:17:26 PM »

Dave,

Thank you very much for the info on this thread. My 2015 Ultra Limited isn't a CVO, but still I followed your instructions and it was about a 20 minute job start to finish. Much easier than I thought. I opted to stick with the license plate above the taillight because it looks better in that configuration in 2-up mode.

Also, thank you Gadgetz for the solo seat. Exactly what I was looking for. BTW, as said before, the bike is a totally different ride without the tour pak. Now I know my next bike will be a CVO SG.

Cam

Before:

After:

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »

Looks good Cam!  :2vrolijk_21:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »

Thanks Eric.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »

Looks nice Cam, glad it was a help.

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2015, 12:28:29 AM »

I will have to learn how to post pics shortly. I am putting the drop bags,speaker lids and Cvo street glide rear fender kit on. Hope it turns out well.

harpmr

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 FLTRUSE

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2015, 10:36:55 AM »

Maybe a stupid question but - had dealer do my detachable conversion - what do you do with the cables after you unplug them from the tour pack?  Is there a safe place to "stuff" them? Do I need to get some blank plugs to snap in the exposed connectors?

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2015, 11:01:12 AM »

I just rolled them up and put them under the seat over the battery.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »

I just rolled them up and put them under the seat over the battery.

Yep, they fit nice and neat under the seat, even a solo.

CultusRider

• Just because you have a crack in your arse doesn't make you a cripple.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (sold)
    • CVO3: 2015 Fltruse
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2015, 10:38:01 PM »

IMHO if done correctly with a few new deutsche connectors under the seat there shouldn't be any cables to curl / wrap up under the seat. The cables go with the tour pak (I use a bungie to hold them up out of the way for storage and installation). You also want to make sure the cables don't touch the rear fender when the ktp is attached - they can leave nasty marks that will always be visible when riding solo.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:48:23 PM by CultusRider »
CultusRider

popsracing

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Road Glide SE
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2015, 09:21:04 PM »

No need for bungie...Just tuck the wires between the speaker mounts and back rest.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:21:18 PM by popsracing »
2011 CVO FLHTRUSE
FULLSAC DX pipe W/2" baffles & TTS tuned
SoCal Tru-HID headlights
Easy Up center stand
Tour Pack Quick Detach Docking Kit Installed

IF YOUR GONNA BE A BEAR...BE A GRIZZLY

cc.canada

• Canada
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue & Crushed Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2008 FXDSE2 Candy Cobalt with Midnight Blue
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »

Just finished install of license plate mount &  led lite and next need to have a shop fab up a neat license plate frame to cover the Alberta License plate.  Thank you to every one on this topic for the idea and information on install and help in getting  the license  plate mount from the USA

Darkstar

• NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHTSKE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
    • CVO3: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2015, 07:27:56 AM »

I made the conversion on a 15 Limited. Love the flexibility of riding the bike without the weight when not touring. I had used 4-Point Docking Hardware 52300353 as suggested earlier in this post.  I recently I discovered I lost one of the rollers, despite using a dab of blue on install. 

Now after viewing 3 pages of docking hardware I cannot seem to locate the docking points without buying the bracket. Does anybody know the part # for points only? :nixweiss:

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2015, 10:48:26 AM »

Thanks Dave!  This was a well done and thought out thread!  Good pics and narrative...just what we need!  And the finished product makes the bike look truly awesome, as all of them do without the tour pack.

Question:  It looks like the tour pack mounting brackets mount in such a way that they would not interfere with the brackets I had to install for my Bushtec trailer hitch, which uses the 3 recessed bolts on each side of the chrome fender mounts.  Can you or anybody out there comment on this? 
In other words, does going to a removable system mean I can't have the trailer hitch installed as well?

Thanks and great job!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:56:08 AM by RGlideKid »
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »

I do not think it would interfere with the brackets for a hitch.  The tour pack quick detach hard ware, mounts in the exact same place as the stock tour pack bolts up.  Its four bolts, two on each side.

610hog

• CA

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2015, 06:57:04 AM »

Dave, thanks for the great post. I will be trying to get this done on Wednesday.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:25 PM »

Dave, thanks for the great post. I will be trying to get this done on Wednesday.
You are welcome. 

I enjoyed doing the mod and documenting it to help others.

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

I have been wanting to do a conversion for some time.  I am glad I found this old thread.  Thanks to Dave for a great tutorial post.
I'll be sure to post some pictures when I finish up my project!

Cheers,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2017, 07:16:04 AM »

Mark,  I was really glad I did the quick detach.  Mine spent more time with the TP off.  Only put it on for trips longer than 3 nights.

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2017, 05:20:12 PM »

Dave:

I have ordered parts per your list (Thanks Again!) and have also ordered the seat pictured here.  I have been going over the Wild1 website and plan to order 12" Chubby Reapers. The nice thing about Wild1s is they provide links to relevant sites for extensions, connectors and clutch/brake lines and such.  I am not 100% sure I will need them with 12s, but HDbikeparts.com make some pretty nice brake/clutch lines.  Heck, I may replace them regardless, because the OEMs are all dull and dingy which is a know issue.

I am really looking forward to doing the work on the bars and Detachable TP kit. 

I have already talked to a local builder who is going to do the 117" kit. I am looking to have quite a screamer her in a couple of months.

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

skunberg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »

Mark,  I was really glad I did the quick detach.  Mine spent more time with the TP off.  Only put it on for trips longer than 3 nights.

Hi Dave, Yellowbird sent me to look you up. He showed a pic of a 20 pin connector for tour pak quick disconnection under the seat. Is there part numbers around for this connector? And wiring diagram maybe?

From Buzzy at Road Glide Forum

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2017, 08:15:47 AM »

Hi Dave, Yellowbird sent me to look you up. He showed a pic of a 20 pin connector for tour pak quick disconnection under the seat. Is there part numbers around for this connector? And wiring diagram maybe?

From Buzzy at Road Glide Forum

I am sorry, I do not have a part number for that plug or the wiring diagram.  Didn't need it when I did the conversion.  Bike had the plug and the power locks were easy enough to figure our.

fhf3723

• Low Profile
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2020, 09:55:49 AM »

dave, Did your CVO come with the turn bars? I have a 2016 that does not. Do you know how to add them? If I take my pack off I wont have turn signals. Thanks
2016 FLTRUSE

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »

dave, Did your CVO come with the turn bars? I have a 2016 that does not. Do you know how to add them? If I take my pack off I wont have turn signals. Thanks
You'll have to add the saddlebag lights. If you buy the kit from HD, I believe they are included because of the lack of signal bar the cheap asses did away with starting in 2016. His '15 had the signal bar.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2020, 06:33:04 AM »

Yes my 2015 had the turn signal bar which was eliminated in 2016.  OBB is correct easiest and best way would we saddle bag lights.  You could use the big Harley ones or I am sure you could use the small smoked ones by Custom Dynamics.  I think the CD would give a cleaner look.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2020, 09:47:21 AM »

Yes my 2015 had the turn signal bar which was eliminated in 2016.  OBB is correct easiest and best way would we saddle bag lights.  You could use the big Harley ones or I am sure you could use the small smoked ones by Custom Dynamics.  I think the CD would give a cleaner look.
I am thinking that the Ciro filler lights will be how I put signals on my 2020 RG.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2020, 12:54:02 PM »

A buddy of mine used the Ciro filler lights recently and they will definitely do the job and they look great doing it. He hasn't stepped up to do the tour pak conversion yet but as soon as his wallet allows, that is the plan.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2020, 03:29:18 PM »

I am thinking that the Ciro filler lights will be how I put signals on my 2020 RG.
How big is your license plate up there? Will it cover those filler lights? Just food for thought.

Korazu

• NC

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Ruby Red/Platinum Silver
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2021, 08:33:46 AM »

Dave,

Thanks for the in-depth guide and bringing up an old topic, but I have to ask what type plug you used for the heated gear plugin on the wind vent? Currently mine is just flapping in the wind between the tank and seat and I hate it as it rubs the clear coat, just like the seat does.

Thanks!
"If you can park your bike without admiring it, then you've bought the wrong bike!"

States my harley's been in: States I've been to:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2021, 10:13:00 AM »

Dave,

Thanks for the in-depth guide and bringing up an old topic, but I have to ask what type plug you used for the heated gear plugin on the wind vent? Currently mine is just flapping in the wind between the tank and seat and I hate it as it rubs the clear coat, just like the seat does.

Thanks!

I used the Gerbing heated gear panel mount plug.

https://www.gerbing.com/panel-mount?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplpG1215U-ACC-908-001-10001&sc_intid=G1215U-ACC-908-001-10001&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6Zb0_9vz7gIVjIbACh0ccA3mEAYYBCABEgJGC_D_BwE

Korazu

• NC

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Ruby Red/Platinum Silver
"If you can park your bike without admiring it, then you've bought the wrong bike!"

States my harley's been in: States I've been to:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2021, 11:26:17 AM »

I used the Gerbing heated gear panel mount plug.

.   Thanks....ordered 2...one for mine and one for the Wife's
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2021, 02:52:55 PM »

I appreciate it as I didn't know that was a thing. I am going to order one now! Thanks Dave!

Me too.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.473 seconds with 21 queries.