Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: P1511 Trouble Code  (Read 45529 times)

usmc13

Re: P1511 Trouble Code
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »

I have an 08 ultra and got the same code p1511, just called harley and the parts dept said that there is a new part number 27200003 for 218.95 and you have to go through the service dept to get it, which wont be open till tuesday.  Is anyone aware of a recall notice on this?

usmc13

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »

The old part number 32933-08 and -0A have been discontinued.

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 06:29:18 PM »

We road down to Wichita Falls Texas yesterday and coming home a friends 08 Ultra went into limp mode. We were still 90 miles from home. His bike did this before a few months back and the dealer replaced the ecm and told him it was good to go. We checked all the connectors and didn't find anything but it's kind of hard to do much on the side of a 2 lane with no shoulder. Finally had to pull the ecm fuse to reset it and he would make 5-10 miles before it happened again. After the third time we left the sidecover off so we could pull the fuse without having to pull the saddlebag off every time. He's taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning to get it looked at. I'll talk to him and let you guys know what they say. Edited to add the bike was running fine untill we hit a big bump in the road where they were doing road construction. Couple times he couldn't make it 100 yds before it crapped out again.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:42:26 PM by StevesCVO »

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:54:01 PM »

My 2010 Limited did this in Key West Fl couple of weeks ago, after about 15 minutes of checking thngs it started running again. I rode to Ocala Fl with no problems the rest of the day, then we pulled off I-75 to get a room for the night and at the end of the ramp, limp mode again and no throttle. I ended up calling Hog roadside and getting a tow the Hotel for the night. The bike started and ran again in the morning. Straight to the dealer in Ocala and after about 3 hours of testing, they replaced the Throttle actuator. I had three codes

No throttle, only idle and it was below normal idle rpm. Like 800 rpm. If I shut it off it wouldn't start back until it set for a while.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »

Ghost please keep us informed going forward.Would like to know how you make out.Thanks for the info.

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »

Disconnect and reconnect the connector at the Thr Body three to four times in a row.
Scrapes away the micro-corrosion on the pins. This seems to work to help cure the recurring limp mode woes.
Mgmt system has to be continually happy with the likes of balance (twist grip/TPS) voltage.
Seems this is a bit more common on the 08's.
Somewhere in 09 IIRC the TB p/n went to a 27685-08A whereas the 08's have a 27685-08.
Not exactly sure what the change was.

HERKO HAS IT RIGHT!!   I had this happen to me last June while entering I84 in Lake George NY The Americade Rally On Sunday heading for home 200 mi back to Boston, Riding in the rain for three days at the Event no problems! Had to be Towed to area Dealership, diagnosis bad throttle actuator no part in stock could be weeks to fix!  Fortunately a good friend of mine Joe"7" was there who towed his bike from South Carolina to the Rally and we put my bike in his trailer and he and his girl rode his bike to Boston in the rain to get me home, then trailed his bike back to SC we didn't arrive until after 11pm at my house. Got my bike to my dealership next day and  Problem solved for now.... the pins on the actuator plate were replaced do to micro corrosion and loaded with die electric grease.  My dealer showed me a printed tech tip from the Moco that states to take a microscope and look for micro corrosion on three of the four connector pin at the actuator plate and clean and reinstall! This is not a Service Bulletin but a Tech Tip, it also says if condition occurs more than THREE times than replace THE ACCUATOR PLATE!  "Situation due to excessive vibration on 110 Motor only"  my bike was fixed in one day! If the NY dealer had dug deeper into the HD service info available to the dealers I could have ridden my bike home and saved my friend Joe"7'"  a 12 hour detour in the rain to SC.... The irony of all of this was one of the other guys that I was up there with snapped his throttle cable after I was towed to the NY Dealership and Joe"7" trailed him in and his bike was fixed inside of an hour while a sat for three hours just to be told they couldn't fix my bike!!!!!    Just a side note to all of this My friend Joe"7" was killed on his bike in SC Monday last week I will Miss Him.... "DH" 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 09:13:30 AM »

Disconnect and reconnect the connector at the Thr Body three to four times in a row.
Scrapes away the micro-corrosion on the pins. This seems to work to help cure the recurring limp mode woes.
Mgmt system has to be continually happy with the likes of balance (twist grip/TPS) voltage.
Seems this is a bit more common on the 08's.
Somewhere in 09 IIRC the TB p/n went to a 27685-08A whereas the 08's have a 27685-08.
Not exactly sure what the change was.

HERKO HAS IT RIGHT!!   I had this happen to me last June while entering I84 in Lake George NY The Americade Rally On Sunday heading for home 200 mi back to Boston, Riding in the rain for three days at the Event no problems! Had to be Towed to area Dealership, diagnosis bad throttle actuator no part in stock could be weeks to fix!  Fortunately a good friend of mine Joe"7" was there who towed his bike from South Carolina to the Rally and we put my bike in his trailer and he and his girl rode his bike to Boston in the rain to get me home, then trailed his bike back to SC we didn't arrive until after 11pm at my house. Got my bike to my dealership next day and  Problem solved for now.... the pins on the actuator plate were replaced do to micro corrosion and loaded with die electric grease.  My dealer showed me a printed tech tip from the Moco that states to take a microscope and look for micro corrosion on three of the four connector pin at the actuator plate and clean and reinstall! This is not a Service Bulletin but a Tech Tip, it also says if condition occurs more than THREE times than replace THE ACCUATOR PLATE!  "Situation due to excessive vibration on 110 Motor only"  my bike was fixed in one day! If the NY dealer had dug deeper into the HD service info available to the dealers I could have ridden my bike home and saved my friend Joe"7'"  a 12 hour detour in the rain to SC.... The irony of all of this was one of the other guys that I was up there with snapped his throttle cable after I was towed to the NY Dealership and Joe"7" trailed him in and his bike was fixed inside of an hour while a sat for three hours just to be told they couldn't fix my bike!!!!!    Just a side note to all of this My friend Joe"7" was killed on his bike in SC Monday last week I will Miss Him.... "DH" 

Yup, that tech tip has been out there for awhile now.  Still totally amazing to me how Harley gets away with not issuing recalls on stuff like this, since it can easily cause a crash if it happens at the wrong time in traffic.  Deep dark secrets, don't even issue a full TSB, just an obscure tech tip that many/most dealer shops never see or quickly forget.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 06:25:35 PM »

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Joe"7".

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »

THANKS ROOSTER !

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »

Ghost please keep us informed going forward.Would like to know how you make out.Thanks for the info.
Mine is fine since they Actuator replacement. I've put about 1500 miles on it since............
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »

Interesting as mine just started doing this on Tuesday on my way to work.  Lucky for my it was down my street - went into limp mode, no power no throttle.  I managed to get it back home.  All I can say is I am happy it happend on a local street with no traffic.  Had it happened on the higway I travel every day I probalby would have had a car or truck up my beehind...

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »

Well what they found on my friend's bike was one of the ecm connectors had corrosion on some of the pins. They replaced some of the pins. Seems to have fixed his poblem. We did a 500 mile run this past weekend down to Stroker's and his bike ran great.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 24 queries.