Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Mod  (Read 1853 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
New Mod
« on: February 12, 2006, 03:40:19 PM »

While having her torn down for the winter, I figured I'd hit one of my biggest peeves, that High Beam Indicator which is quite distracting at night. Being in a relatively rural area, you need all the light you can get to see the critters. That indicator made it unbearable.

After searching high and low I was able to come up with some LED condoms. Because shipping and the minimums were much more money than the piece cost themselves, I got bunch of colors in a life time supply.

Anyway, I took apart the indicator housing, and tried one blue condom. Didn't dim it quite enough I felt for me, so I doubled them up and think it came out great. Just bright enough to notice it during the day, but much, much more comfortable at night.

Highly recommended!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 03:42:38 PM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: New Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »

Cool Idea!

I never had noticed how bright it is...the one on my SEEG was actually too dim!

/Bill
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 04:33:09 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 01:15:52 PM »

While having her torn down for the winter, I figured I'd hit one of my biggest peeves, that High Beam Indicator which is quite distracting at night. Being in a relatively rural area, you need all the light you can get to see the critters. That indicator made it unbearable.

After searching high and low I was able to come up with some LED condoms. Because shipping and the minimums were much more money than the piece cost themselves, I got bunch of colors in a life time supply.

Anyway, I took apart the indicator housing, and tried one blue condom. Didn't dim it quite enough I felt for me, so I doubled them up and think it came out great. Just bright enough to notice it during the day, but much, much more comfortable at night.

Highly recommended!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »

Oh jeez, I know I'm gonna miss something, but...

Changed the rear sissy bar and pad, installed the HD smart pager siren II, chrome switches (Real PITA), SE Red plug wires, SS Deuce Removable Windshield, dimmed the HB indicator, Kuryakan 4859, & some more chrome
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:17:47 PM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 24 queries.