Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about using Sena Bluetooth headsets.  (Read 900 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Question about using Sena Bluetooth headsets.
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »

If you are using a Sena Bluetooth headset attached Bluetooth to an iPhone, if you plug in your phone to the bike,  Will you still be able to pair up to the headset? When I plug my phone in to the bike I don’t have the option of using Bluetooth for the bike stereo. It now operates only as a wired connection to the bike. I haven’t purchased the headset yet and I was concerned that I  won’t be able to keep my phone plugged in to keep it charged. Is that an issue?

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Re: Question about using Sena Bluetooth headsets.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »

I don’t believe that will work. You are better off plugging the phone into the power port ( cigarette lighter) and sticking the phone into a windshield pouch or the cubby of the bike. Buy the wireless headset and module, the phone and headset pairs into the bike. The bike answers the phone and you can use internet radio apps by using an unlimited data plan, as well as voice recognition. You then have the USB port available for an iPod, memory stick etc.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:35:32 AM by King Glide »
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:31:33 PM »

Or use the power port in the tourpac to charge.  I've got a dual USB plug insert in that one so I can charge two items if needed.  It's inside, too, verses using the exterior plug on the left side and running a cord into the left cubbie and not being water tight.... ;D

So, here's a question.  I know the '15 SERGU doesn't have wireless stock.  Does the '16 have wireless headset capability from the factory?  I know some of the differences between the two years but hadn't paid enough attention to realize the '16 had wireless...

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 07:12:49 PM »

No, the ‘16 doesn’t have it stock. I installed mine and had the bike flashed. It’s very easy, 4 wires each has a different size connector so you can’t put them in the wrong spot. Kind of expensive but what about H-D isn’t. For me, getting rid of that cable is priceless, a very nice feeling of freedom.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »

If you are using a Sena Bluetooth headset attached Bluetooth to an iPhone, if you plug in your phone to the bike,  Will you still be able to pair up to the headset? When I plug my phone in to the bike I don’t have the option of using Bluetooth for the bike stereo. It now operates only as a wired connection to the bike. I haven’t purchased the headset yet and I was concerned that I  won’t be able to keep my phone plugged in to keep it charged. Is that an issue?
Hi i hope i understand your question right,if you plug in your phone to your bike you can listen to music from ex spotify and answer a call,and when you unplug the phone it will change to radio listen and you have to turn on your media connection again on the boombox,thats how it works on my bike with the whim bluetooth connection mounted on my bike.If you don`t have the whim i am not sure if this would help you.I can recomend the whim it works great its a little pricy but ::)

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »

Ultra, if you set it up like I mentioned above, you won’t have to re-select media. When the call is done the music will continue automatically.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 05:14:29 AM »

Ultra, if you set it up like I mentioned above, you won’t have to re-select media. When the call is done the music will continue automatically.
Hi  thanks yes i no but  its nice to show some album covers on screen thanks for the tip
It would  help some  riders here

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.