Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: RB Racing LSR 2-1 Black Hole  (Read 4816 times)

Bagger

RB Racing LSR 2-1 Black Hole
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:03:25 AM »

I searched this exhaust system on this forum, but the discussion is sparse.  Before I did the 95" mod to my 02 Ultra, I considered adding this exhaust, but at the time, it was cost prohibitive.  So I opted for the V&H BS Long for Baggers.  That system was awesome.  I love it, but it was too loud for Renea.........even with quiet baffles.  I've been thinking about the V&H Dresser Duals with Oval slip-ons for my SEUC, but lately I've been revisiting the RBR site.  I think this system is awesome.  It seems to perform well on paper, it is claimed to be moderately quiet, and it looks great.  No doubt 2-1 is the torque/power producer.  Is anyone here using this system?  If so, I have a few concerns.  The rear header looks awful close to the clutch hose........close enough that it might cause heat damage.  Does it?  If so, how did you correct/prevent it?  Since the SEUC is lower than a regular Bagger, are there challenges with ground clearance in corners?  The RBR site says you can't get a sniffer in the muffler.  So how do you tune A/F mixture on a dynomometer with this system?  It there a way to do it through the O2 bungs?  Do you have to remove the stock exhaust mounting bracket from the transmission and replace it with with an RBR mount?  That part worries me since I had to do it on my Ultra..........and I never could get the oil spout to stop leaking after two gasket replacements?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.  TIA.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: RB Racing LSR 2-1 Black Hole
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »

I searched this exhaust system on this forum, but the discussion is sparse.  Before I did the 95" mod to my 02 Ultra, I considered adding this exhaust, but at the time, it was cost prohibitive.  So I opted for the V&H BS Long for Baggers.  That system was awesome.  I love it, but it was too loud for Renea.........even with quiet baffles.  I've been thinking about the V&H Dresser Duals with Oval slip-ons for my SEUC, but lately I've been revisiting the RBR site.  I think this system is awesome.  It seems to perform well on paper, it is claimed to be moderately quiet, and it looks great.  No doubt 2-1 is the torque/power producer.  Is anyone here using this system?  If so, I have a few concerns.  The rear header looks awful close to the clutch hose........close enough that it might cause heat damage.  Does it?  If so, how did you correct/prevent it?  Since the SEUC is lower than a regular Bagger, are there challenges with ground clearance in corners?  The RBR site says you can't get a sniffer in the muffler.  So how do you tune A/F mixture on a dynomometer with this system?  It there a way to do it through the O2 bungs?  Do you have to remove the stock exhaust mounting bracket from the transmission and replace it with with an RBR mount?  That part worries me since I had to do it on my Ultra..........and I never could get the oil spout to stop leaking after two gasket replacements?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.  TIA.

I've never seen it on a dresser but it's a great power producer. Definitely too loud for me on a touring bike. I'm thinking about replacing my 2>1 Supertrapp on my Pro Street with it. It makes really good power! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »

I agree that he has an impressive web site with lots of facts and proof that exhaust scavenging is very important. I think a lot of his theory is a more important on multi cylinder engines like the 4 into 1. I was ready to go with that pipe until some one posted some pictures on this site with fitment problems and how LSR modified the pipes to fit. Maybe someone can help you find that thread.
Mike
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »

I have some mixed input for you. I don't have the Black Hole - but the regular model larger dia. for the big bore motor 2-1. It is the chrome model as you'll see in the pic below. It is loud to me but that may be compared to my RK that has duals that come out the back more, as the black hole does also. I think the Black Hole may be a quiet pipe and all and I am kinda looking for that myself BUT...it depends. I did a decent build up of my motor including gear drive cams, forged pistons, PCIII, and all the goodies that go along with that - Including custom Headwork by a world class heads guy who happens to live nearby. He has done many big bore jobs like this before, various drag racers, and many supercross guys. When all was said and done my bike ended up dynoing out at 96hp / 106tq. Feels good but not a whole lot better than my well built 80" Evo RK ( then again the RK doesn't start nearly as well and is a real PITA unless everything is just right...) - Point being for the money spent this 103" shoulda put out about 110hp/118tq or so and when I saw my Headwork guy after the Dyno he was pissed. He didn't know about my pipe choice til then and said he had seen this before with the RB LSR pipe. He referred me to a differant tuner that can get the most out of the PCIII apparently and they said they could get a lil more out of it but I needed to change the pipe cause they can't get it to work with their builds either. So, FWIW there ya go. I still have it on, fits good but I think I want something a lil quieter also but don't know where to go now cause I want a 2-1 also, so I'm right there with you - let me know if you find something... :-\
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Bagger

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 09:52:36 PM »

I've never seen it on a dresser but it's a great power producer. Definitely too loud for me on a touring bike. I'm thinking about replacing my 2>1 Supertrapp on my Pro Street with it. It makes really good power! ;) Hoist! 8)

Howie, yeah, I've heard the RBR LSR 2-1, and it is WAY too friggin' loud.  From what I hear, the Black Hole is deeper than stock, but not much louder, even at speed.  That is the one I'm looking at.......if I can find a way to get it tuned properly.

Bagger

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 09:56:01 PM »

I have some mixed input for you. I don't have the Black Hole - but the regular model larger dia. for the big bore motor 2-1. It is the chrome model as you'll see in the pic below. It is loud to me but that may be compared to my RK that has duals that come out the back more, as the black hole does also. I think the Black Hole may be a quiet pipe and all and I am kinda looking for that myself BUT...it depends. I did a decent build up of my motor including gear drive cams, forged pistons, PCIII, and all the goodies that go along with that - Including custom Headwork by a world class heads guy who happens to live nearby. He has done many big bore jobs like this before, various drag racers, and many supercross guys. When all was said and done my bike ended up dynoing out at 96hp / 106tq. Feels good but not a whole lot better than my well built 80" Evo RK ( then again the RK doesn't start nearly as well and is a real PITA unless everything is just right...) - Point being for the money spent this 103" shoulda put out about 110hp/118tq or so and when I saw my Headwork guy after the Dyno he was pissed. He didn't know about my pipe choice til then and said he had seen this before with the RB LSR pipe. He referred me to a differant tuner that can get the most out of the PCIII apparently and they said they could get a lil more out of it but I needed to change the pipe cause they can't get it to work with their builds either. So, FWIW there ya go. I still have it on, fits good but I think I want something a lil quieter also but don't know where to go now cause I want a 2-1 also, so I'm right there with you - let me know if you find something... :-\

Thanks for the input Ceej.  I'm pretty well focused on the Black Hole.  I've always liked a Bagger with exhaust on the right side.  Your TQ number is nice........and that is what I'm after.  HP takes a distant second for me.  2-1 anything will generate the most TQ.  Gotta have a "quieter" exhaust, so that is why I'm looking at Black Hole.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 10:08:51 PM »

Henry...just one less thing to worry about in your decision:  The 06/07 SEUC's are the same height/suspension as the regular Ultra.  It was the 04/05 models that were lowered and inch.  Some salesmen will tell you otherwise, but they are wrong.  I think the Street Glides may also be an inch lower since they were born from the SEEG models.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 10:16:27 PM »

My 18" wheels have put me pretty much back at stock height and no problems, compared to our 00 Fatboy lowered front and rear which I do drag on occasion. Besides the Blackhole 2-1 is there any other "quieter" 2-1 options out their? I thought someone made a police pipe option...I must be getting old to be asking this... :o
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Bagger

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 10:32:09 PM »

Henry...just one less thing to worry about in your decision:  The 06/07 SEUC's are the same height/suspension as the regular Ultra.  It was the 04/05 models that were lowered and inch.  Some salesmen will tell you otherwise, but they are wrong.  I think the Street Glides may also be an inch lower since they were born from the SEEG models.

Terry, I was going off knowledge of the 04/05 CVO.......gunshot24 has a pumpkin.......and I "thought" the 06 CVOs had the same setup.  I shoulda verified the specs.  Mine "feels" lower than my 02 Ultra, but that may be because I had that big, honkin' Mustang Barcolounger seat on the Ultra, and the stock SEUC seat is narower.  Come to think of it, when I stripped the Ultra during the winter and put the Daytripper on, it felt alot like my SEUC.  OK, like Forrest Gump says "That's good!  One less thing!"
Still wanna know about the clutch hose thing.  Rear header looks AWFUL close.  That's all I need is a burn thru, and have clutch fluid spewing all of the place.  YIKES!

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »

About the clutch line I'll get you a pic if you'd like next week when I get home but its been several thousand miles and no problems here, not that close I think but good point.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Bagger

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »

About the clutch line I'll get you a pic if you'd like next week when I get home but its been several thousand miles and no problems here, not that close I think but good point.

Brother I sure would appreciate it.  If you would, please take a few from different angles, so I can get a good perspective.  It appears the LSR 2-1 is the same as the Blackhole from the collector forward, so your's will be a good representation.  Thank you.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »

Bagger,

The RB Racing LSR Blackhole is quiter than the LSR, also it is longer and comes out past the saddlebags.

One of the hardest thinsk I found is tuning the engine to the pipe. I have a Jims 120 and Matt Gross in Phoenix played around to tune it to get max HP and TQ, with the little time he had he could not as well as we would have liked. He had to gout out of town and he suugested for the time being was to put back the V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe.

I did and have never got around to putting the Blackhole back on, ended up selling the system.

I will attach the pictures of the RB Racing LSR Blckhole on my Road Glide.

geezerglied

Pic 1

Bagger

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 12:13:01 AM »

Bagger,

The RB Racing LSR Blackhole is quiter than the LSR, also it is longer and comes out past the saddlebags.

One of the hardest thinsk I found is tuning the engine to the pipe. I have a Jims 120 and Matt Gross in Phoenix played around to tune it to get max HP and TQ, with the little time he had he could not as well as we would have liked. He had to gout out of town and he suugested for the time being was to put back the V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe.

I did and have never got around to putting the Blackhole back on, ended up selling the system.

I will attach the pictures of the RB Racing LSR Blckhole on my Road Glide.

geezerglied

Pic 1

This is one of my concerns.  I'll need to find someone in relative close proximity to me that get my scoot tuned BEFORE I order it.  Their site says a sniffer can't be used in the muffler.  They suggest using their A/F meter..........but that is separate from the one the dynomometer uses.  I'm not smart enough on dyno tuning to know those ramifications.  Looks like I need to do my homework.  That is hugely expensive piece of hardware to just run out a buy off the cuff without knowing all the challenges and having a plan of action to address those challenges beforehand.  Thanks for the info Geezerglide.  I really like that system.  I just hope I can find someone near me who can tune it.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 12:34:04 AM »

Bagger,

Depending on the size of your engine 103", 110 or 120 will dectate the diamtere of the pipe. The 103 and 110 would probably run better with 1.75, where as the bigger engines would do best with the 2".

Also I would get the Ceramic Finish option it looks good..

I tried attching another picture , however I get a prompt telling me that that file was already used.

I'll try again.

geezerglide

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 12:32:19 AM »

Here's a few shots for ya Bagger, excuse the dirty bike but thats what happens when I travel to your part of the country during the week for work and come home to Michigan with "Bike Fever" during the winter mess ;D  Anyhow, here are two shots of the clutch line. It looks closer than it is. At the top where it curves there is 2 fingers space between the line and the rear cylinder (Top) pipe. Its close at the bottom to the forward cylinder or bottom pipe - about 1 finger space. The line is clear coated and with several thousand miles it is in great shape so I wouldn't worry about the clutch line. I do have the 2" pipes as that was what they recommended for a 100+" motor. I love the look and fit, dyno lines were real smooth, just would have liked a lil more tq but 106 isn't too bad. I am curious what the Black hole sounds like cause this isn't too bad. It sounds a lil like a NASCAR racer when you get on it, real deep & throaty, not bad at all cruising at 65, but just a lil too much for me at 75 to be real relaxing so the black hole could be the answer.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.666 seconds with 21 queries.