Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Fullsac vs D&D Boss Fat Cat  (Read 6733 times)

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Fullsac vs D&D Boss Fat Cat
« on: December 09, 2019, 05:40:25 PM »

Lots of info out there but wanted to see if anyone has experienced both the Fullsac DX Pipe and/or was able to compare it to D&Ds Boss Fat Cat.

The only mod to my 2010 CVO SG was adding V&H's High Output mufflers.

I like the look of the beefier mufflers so if I went the Fullsac route, I'd keep the V&H mufflers and add on the TSS tuner.

Going the Fat Cat route would change the look, possibly increase performance... I'd still need a tuner but could sell the V&H mufflers for some change.

In the end, the price would be close with the Fat Cats being just a few bucks more... Any thoughts suggestions comments would greatly be appreciated. SF
-Joe

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Fullsac vs D&D Boss Fat Cat
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »

THIS VID SHOULD HELP
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 06:37:24 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:42:13 PM »

Lots of info out there but wanted to see if anyone has experienced both the Fullsac DX Pipe and/or was able to compare it to D&Ds Boss Fat Cat.

I like the look of the beefier mufflers so if I went the Fullsac route, I'd keep the V&H mufflers and add on the TSS tuner.

Going the Fat Cat route would change the look, possibly increase performance... I'd still need a tuner but could sell the V&H mufflers for some change.

In the end, the price would be close with the Fat Cats being just a few bucks more... Any thoughts suggestions comments would greatly be appreciated. SF
   BOTH these pipes are used in this cam test a lot of good info
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »

The Fullsac header will out perform the FatCat in the lower rpms.....if you add cams with a considerable amount of over lap the Fullsac will win over the Fat Cat again.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 09:45:32 AM »

Thanks FF, this is a great video. I remember watching it a few months back. But just watched it again - carefully with a better understanding. Funny how well the 2:1:2 compares to a 2:1. I'm not ready to upgrade my cams yet (when I'm ready - something like the Comp Cam 246A looks promising). If I decided to go with the Fullsac header, would I lose or gain anything HP/TQ/Sound keeping the V&H High Output mufflers compared to a stock CVO muffler with Fullsac's High Flow Power Core baffles? Not only am I looking for more low end torch, but a much more aggressive sound as well.

Thanks for the input Doc!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:49:38 AM by joejoebobo »
-Joe

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 10:33:55 AM »

Hey Joe!
If your looking for good low end power with my DX Pipe, (or any other header) the High Outputs will have to go. I would suggest our 2.0 baffle in your stock CVO mufflers for best performance.

Steve@fullsac.com

Thanks FF, this is a great video. I remember watching it a few months back. But just watched it again - carefully with a better understanding. Funny how well the 2:1:2 compares to a 2:1. I'm not ready to upgrade my cams yet (when I'm ready - something like the Comp Cam 246A looks promising). If I decided to go with the Fullsac header, would I lose or gain anything HP/TQ/Sound keeping the V&H High Output mufflers compared to a stock CVO muffler with Fullsac's High Flow Power Core baffles? Not only am I looking for more low end torch, but a much more aggressive sound as well.

Thanks for the input Doc!
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »

Thanks Steve - I was afraid of that. I'd have to find some (bike came with the V&H mufflers). All my research... and my gut is pushing me closer to your product. I don't suppose you have any OEM mufflers that would fit a 2010 with 2.0 or 2.25 baffles? Sorry, had to ask. thanks
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:15:21 PM by joejoebobo »
-Joe

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 02:11:20 PM »

Sorry, no used CVO stuff around. Check the classifieds here.

steve@fullsac.com

Thanks Steve - I was afraid of that. I'd have to find some (bike came with the V&H mufflers). All my research... and my gut is pushing me closer to your product. I don't suppose you have any OEM mufflers that would fit a 2010 with 2.0 or 2.25 baffles? Sorry, had to ask. thanks

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 08:37:22 AM »

Steve, what kind of results should I expect if I temporarily keep the High Outputs? Granted my current set up includes stock header with the cat. I was planning on either using my SEST or getting the TTS tuner. I've seen a few riders with your header with Rinehart slip-ons amongst others...
-Joe

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 12:12:09 PM »

Joe
Low end TQ dip will be very substantial with the High Outputs. They suck to to tune for this same reason. They really should change the name to something more descriptive. I have TTS Fuel maps for The DX and 2.0 baffles. The new SE Tuner is not what your after.

Steve@fullsac.com

Steve, what kind of results should I expect if I temporarily keep the High Outputs? Granted my current set up includes stock header with the cat. I was planning on either using my SEST or getting the TTS tuner. I've seen a few riders with your header with Rinehart slip-ons amongst others...

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 01:28:21 PM »

Thanks again Steve - I think I have a lead on some stock mufflers from a '16 CVO SG. I believe they would work? I'm looking at your 2.25 baffles... what's the difference between 2" and 2.25"

Sorry for the petty questions... I do appreciate your assistance. I can't find anything negative out there regarding you or your products.
-Joe

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »

Joe
No problem with the questions. I'm home sick today and loosing my mind sitting around. Happy to be doing something!
2016 is the last year to fit your 2010. Personal preference is really going to make the call on the baffle size. The 2.0" baffle is what you want for best performance, period. The larger 2.25" baffle is louder and will cost you some low end power. Many prefer the louder more aggressive sounding 2.25 and don't notice or care about the slight low end difference. If low end roll on Touring power is the priority, go with the 2.0". Consider a set Techmat blankets and sleeves in there too if you prefer a smoother tone.

https://fullsac.com/product/2006-2019-cvo-techmat-blanket-kit/

Steve@fullsac.com

Thanks again Steve - I think I have a lead on some stock mufflers from a '16 CVO SG. I believe they would work? I'm looking at your 2.25 baffles... what's the difference between 2" and 2.25"

Sorry for the petty questions... I do appreciate your assistance. I can't find anything negative out there regarding you or your products.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:29:12 PM by Fullsac Performance »

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 04:14:51 PM »

Yea me too...Damn kids got me sick. Hope you get better soon.
Are the baffles relatively easy to install myself? I pretty much do all my own work. Same goes for the TTS tune? I think the 2.25 sounds like what I’d be going with and wasn’t sure if there’s a map for that already available.
On a separate topic - the Air cleaner. I really don’t like the look of the HD heavy breather... I assume it would only increase @1-2HP? I read one of your posts going over that debate. Wasn’t sure if I’m doing a disservice by sticking with the stock ventilator AC.
-Joe

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »

Hey Steve, thought I would give you a shout-out. If you remember I came out to tour your shop in Dec of 17' from Ohio. I bought the X pipe, 2" baffles with all the fixins. Very happy with your product and performance. I don't do a lot of all out throttle racing but it is nice when I can keep up with guys that have a lot of $$ in their motors. The pipes and download give me that little edge. When anyone asks me about exhaust I def give your system an A+.

Larry

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »

I installed the 2 .25 baffles myself in my 19 CVO RG, pretty easy job if you have the right cutting bit to get the old baffles out.. I actually used my dremel with a diamond cutting bit from Home Depot, take your time and it’s fairly very easy to accomplish.. I love the sound of the 2.25 baffles and wasn’t worried about losing a small amount of torque on the bottom, I don’t even notice if I did.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.