Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 03 SERK w/740mi W/Stage 1 download PCII (should I update the to PCIII)  (Read 2364 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

I have yet to bring the bike into be dyno'd.

The orginal owner said that he had the stage 1 download installed and was getting pops when letting off the throttle. So the PC II was installed and it was adjusted to correct it.

He told me that the shop dyno'd the bike at that time but I see when it was installed there was only 600 miles on the bike (back in 03) at that time and I really doubt that the shop did it as when I called them and got all the records on the bike they flat out told me that the bike was never put on the dyno and all they also stated in the paperwork that all the tech did was to adjust the PCII to stop the poping and they did not even install the PCII so it probably was installed by the owner.

So I plan at the 1k service to have the bike set up properly, it that enough miles to put on the dyno?

Should I stick with the PCII or update the PCIII or? I really do not want to go balls out money wise as I head that the SERT is not cheap.

The bike runs ok but I can tell I could get more out of the 103.

TIA,
John
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 08:08:19 PM by JjR »
JR

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed

John,

If it was my scooter I would find the best "Tuner" in your area and yeah he may not be at a HD dealership and go with his suggestion on PCII vs. PCIII
I would think you would want to get your scoot on a dyno just to make sure the AFR is where it needs to be and the motor is optimized for torque and horsepower with great dependability.   

Nothing better than riding a scooter that is dialed in  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

John,

If it was my scooter I would find the best "Tuner" in your area and yeah he may not be at a HD dealership and go with his suggestion on PCII vs. PCIII
I would think you would want to get your scoot on a dyno just to make sure the AFR is where it needs to be and the motor is optimized for torque and horsepower with great dependability.   

Nothing better than riding a scooter that is dialed in  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj
The best tuner in the area here is Lakeshore HD In Libertyville, IL. I will give them a call Tuesday. BTW do you think I have enough miles on the bike to do it now?

Also what kind of HP should I get out of this puppy?

JR

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

Most tuners want at least 600 to 1000 miles on the motor

So get out and ride some miles tomorrow and Monday

I would think at least 100hp and 110torque or better - Oh wait what do you have for an exhaust and high flow?

jeffj

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

Most tuners want at least 600 to 1000 miles on the motor

So get out and ride some miles tomorrow and Monday

I would think at least 100hp and 110torque or better - Oh wait what do you have for an exhaust and high flow?

jeffj
From my records the HD Highflow , stage 1 and reinhart True duals were installed around 600 mi and then the PCII soon after to eliminate the decel popping.

Also I was thiking about getting  a PCIII from Jamie at Fuelmoto as he can premmap it?

JR

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

With those mods you should see right around 100/100 out of the 103. The maps from fuel moto are close but to get the best performance out of the bike you should really get it dynoed. You can't be the price for the PCIII USB from them either.

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

With those mods you should see right around 100/100 out of the 103. The maps from fuel moto are close but to get the best performance out of the bike you should really get it dynoed. You can't be the price for the PCIII USB from them either.
So you would say get the PCIII and then get the bike dialed in on the dyno? It that ok to do with 750 miles on it or should I wait till I get the 1k service or even wait longer?

Thanks,
John
JR

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

John,

Go for it  :2vrolijk_21:

Heck if your worried about the magical 1,000 miles go for a 3 hour ride and get the miles

IMHO the dyno will not harm your motor at 750 vs 1,000 miles cause your scooter could be running way to lean or rich now

Canned maps don't dial in the motor as well as a really good tuner can

jeffj

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

John,

Go for it  :2vrolijk_21:

Heck if your worried about the magical 1,000 miles go for a 3 hour ride and get the miles

IMHO the dyno will not harm your motor at 750 vs 1,000 miles cause your scooter could be running way to lean or rich now

Canned maps don't dial in the motor as well as a really good tuner can

jeffj

Jeff,
would you think that there would be any advantages to update to the PCIII prior to bringing it in to HD?

JR

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

Jeff,
would you think that there would be any advantages to update to the PCIII prior to bringing it in to HD?

JR,

IMHO, I would ask the tuner what he likes to use after you explain what you want out of his tuning in the motor
I know very little about a PC II VS. a PC III - that's why I would want the tuners thoughts
Once you get your bike dialed in, you will be amazed with power and performance, along with great dependability
When you get in the throttle after dialing in the motor, there will be no dead spots or popping on decile...it's pretty kewl

jeffj

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

So you would say get the PCIII and then get the bike dialed in on the dyno? It that ok to do with 750 miles on it or should I wait till I get the 1k service or even wait longer?

Thanks,
John

The PCIII USB is far superior to the PCII. The III has Individual tuning of the front and rear cylinders and timing adjustments. I would talk to your local dyno tuner and see what they recommend as some are more proficient at the Race Tuner and others like the PCIII. If you decide on the PCIII get it from Fuel Moto with there base map and ride it for a while. You can't beat the price from them. As far as the dyno I would wait for the 1k although you are probably safe to do it now.

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member

Congrats on your SERK. I know you will love it.
As they have said ,I messed around for a while with PC and "Doit yourself" methods only to end up with the race tuner and a great dyno guy. WHAT A DIFFERENCE, I'm sure it was the techs skill and not so much the race tuner but it worked for me...

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

The PCIII USB is far superior to the PCII. The III has Individual tuning of the front and rear cylinders and timing adjustments. I would talk to your local dyno tuner and see what they recommend as some are more proficient at the Race Tuner and others like the PCIII. If you decide on the PCIII get it from Fuel Moto with there base map and ride it for a while. You can't beat the price from them. As far as the dyno I would wait for the 1k although you are probably safe to do it now.

I spoke with both Jamie af Fuel Moto and with Dynojet, my Power commander is called a PCIIIR and its  the exact same as the USB model except for the serial connector.

Had the bike in for a Dyno at Lake Shore
JR

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member

Nice chart, looks good, how does it ride?
What part of chicago are you in? We live in Bucktown and have several friends in the hood with bikes. Maybe see that Scooby Gold bike of yours around sometime.

David

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

Nice chart, looks good, how does it ride?
What part of chicago are you in? We live in Bucktown and have several friends in the hood with bikes. Maybe see that Scooby Gold bike of yours around sometime.

David
David,
I'm on the far NW side at the Park Ridge boarder. The bike runs FREAKING GREAT!.

BTW I just installed the warranty replacement rear Reinhart True Dual and  was wondering is I had the heat shield too close to the frame. It is 1/8" between the heat shield and the fame. I home its ok as I do not want to screw with it again.
JR

Page created in 1.826 seconds with 24 queries.