Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there really a BEST polish? YES!  (Read 1842 times)

baddog652

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCUI W/ SE103 & SE 6 SPEED
    • CVO2: 2003 FLSCTI
Is there really a BEST polish? YES!
« on: October 14, 2010, 11:44:02 AM »

I have used the Mequiars, Mothers, Liquid Glass and several others and depending on the severity of the paint problem most work real well. My question is who has time to wax their bike every time after they ride or even once a month. I found a product called Bullet Polish. It comes as a concentrate that you mix with a gallon of distilled water. Every time my wife and I come home from a ride we go over them with Bullet. It's great on paint, windshields and chrome. The best part is it also cleans my LCD TV screen,computer monitor and sunglasses. I have use Bullet for over 4 years and I find I only have to wax my Ultra about once every 6 months. My wifes Heritage is an '03 with 61K miles on it and the factory black looks great.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Is there really a BEST polish? YES!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »

They do look like new, but if you cleaned after each ride wouldn't bout any cleaner do? Guess I'm jealous!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
Re: Is there really a BEST polish? YES!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »

Are you wanting to Polish?? or Wax??? there is a difference in waxing and polishing.  Polishing will remove anything that was on there before even the polish you had on it before, read the directions. Usuallys states cleans as it polishes. Wax is a different storey, it will not clean anything and if you put two or more coats of wax on it that is what you will end up with. No all products are not equal. The more yellow carnuba that it has in the wax the better. White is not the same as yellow carnuba. Waxes can run in prices from as little as $10.00 a can upto $ 25,000.00 a can and no that is not a misprint go on zymol web site and you will get a better understanding. Good luck and Good cleaning

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.