Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 Members Ride To CT  (Read 2085 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
2 Members Ride To CT
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:48:05 PM »

Hey gang, just got back from riding all day. I met Rich07 at my house this morning and we set off to meet JQ (BigDaddy1569). Had a great ride into CT, stopped at the border to lose the lid. Spent most of the day between 80 and 110! Great ride! We got to JQ's house to find the dreaded "Dead Battery Syndrome"! I'm telling you folks, get a new battery after every 2 years, whether you need it or not! $50/year is a very small price to pay to never have a battery issue! Q's bike was fine last week. Today, dead as a doornail! Wouldn't take a charge or jump either. He had some friends come by and we wound up going to their buddy's shop for a battery. Q took the cage, while the 4 of us rode. By that point, it was pretty late, and me and Rich continued West, back to NYC.

The Merritt Parkway is a really nice 2 lane (each way) parkway (no trucks) and we were able to fly on that road. Unfortunately, we didn't get to ride with Q today, but he has his battery now. Got about 850 miles on my bike now, and am bringing it up to 4500 RPM. I'll be able to have it Dyno Tuned now before my trip. The bike rides really nice. Still has a little wobble around turns at over 100, even with the TrueTrack. But Rich's was worse without it. Can't wait for the Traxxion Front End. It's exactly what the bike needs. A real front suspension! We stopped at the end of CT, at the NY border, to put the lids back on. Then we rode to one of my good friend's Italian Restaurant in Port Chester, NY. It's called Piero's, and is undoubtedly THE BEST Italian food you've ever eaten! EVER! I've known Piero for over 35 years and he's the man! Rich is Italian and was extremely impressed! Here's a pic of the 2 BI SERK's in front of Piero's Restaurant. No other pics, just riding hard today.

After dinner, we got on I-95 South and headed back to NYC. We had a fantastic day. We put on about 250 miles. It was great seeing Rich and John again. I met them both previously at the Bike Show at the Javits Center, just before I got the SERK in Jan. We spent some time at his house trying to get Q's SERK going, before giving up and going for the new one. We had a great day and I urge all of you to meet other members and ride together when you get the chance. Every time I meet a member, it's like I already know them. I always have such a nice time. It's amazing the knowledge and opportunities you get just because we belong to this site! Thanks again Neal!

Well. that's it for this ride report. Less than 2 weeks left to go for the CVOHarley Pickup Ride. I'll be starting to post info on that thread in the Events section, for anyone that wants to join in on any part of it. Based on my experiences with people from this site, I'd try to make some part of it if I were you. You will never regret meeting other members and riding with them! I'll be leaving  Front Royal, Va on 5/13 to kick it off. Hope to see a whole bunch of you along the way during that week.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: 2 Members Ride To CT
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 07:35:48 AM »

Just a heads up on the 80-100 MPH speeds. If you do that in KY or TN, YOU WILL get a ticket, maybe even jailed. Don't get me wrong, I've done over 100 several times, but for short stretches. If you consistantly drive that fast here, you'll end up without a driver's license.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 08:13:18 AM »

Nancy and I rode to the mountains on Sunday.
GPS said average speed for trip was 78.
Trip was a total of 267 miles.
We stopped twice for fuel and then for lunch.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 08:20:12 AM »

Chip, You must be politically correct for your area. I'm not on the good side of local law enforcement. I did get pulled over this weekend. I stopped to wash the buggs off the scooter in a little town in Arkansas as they were about 2" thick. I decided to blow off the water by high speed riding. I took a quick loop out of town, and when I pulled back in the carwash there was a cop with blue lights on my tail. He asked me what my hurry was. I gave him a puzzled look. WAS I speeding? 58 in a 45. He told me to slow it down, as he didn't want to give a motorcyclist a ticket since he was a rider too. I'm just glad he didn't see me doing 90 in 55.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:08:10 AM »

For the record, we had great roads and little traffic, at the higher end. Speed limit is 65 and everyone does 80. You're keeping up with traffic at 80 and are not much faster at 100. I'm sure you'd go to jail in CT too. There's a time and place for everything. I've been ticketed in TN and had to stay overnight and see the judge. Near Lynchburg. When I'm solo I ride differently than when I'm with my wife. So HB, I should be able to take it easy enough to keep Smokey at bay! If we have a large group tagging along, that will certainly slow down the pace as well. Never ride beyond your ability to try to prove something. But if the time is right and you know what you're doing, I say Go For It! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:12:30 AM »

Just a heads up on the 80-100 MPH speeds. If you do that in KY or TN, YOU WILL get a ticket, maybe even jailed. Don't get me wrong, I've done over 100 several times, but for short stretches. If you consistantly drive that fast here, you'll end up without a driver's license.

Ain't it strange how different things are from state to state 80 and above will get you jailed in Maine. In California it's called stayin alive.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »

Ain't it strange how different things are from state to state 80 and above will get you jailed in Maine. In California it's called stayin alive.

That's the truth!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »

Yea, In California you guys call it Domestic Violence, in Kentucky we call it foreplay.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »

Yea, In California you guys call it Domestic Violence, in Kentucky we call it foreplay.

One more reason to consider Kentucky as a place to retire  :D

B B

PS 
   Can I ride 100 and lane split there ?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:25:37 AM »

One more reason to consider Kentucky as a place to retire  :D

B B

PS 
   Can I ride 100 and lane split there ?

Only if you can trace your roots back to Daniel Boone, if you donate thousands to the sheriff's boy's ranch, Or if you play basketball for UK. Otherwise you'll be sharing a suite with a toothless man that thinks you've got some mighty purdy lips.

HB

PS

Can you hum the theme song to deliverance?

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.