Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Park City to Cripple Creek Loop  (Read 9725 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re:  Park City to Cripple Creek Loop
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 03:04:30 PM »

It appears to be awful narrow.

But for narrow you needed this little bugger.  Man, when that semi passed Naitram I didn't think they'd all fit!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 03:06:35 PM »

Definite two way traffic Gary.  Didn't get tight til you had bikes on both sides and pedestrians in the middle all at the same time.

Don, great pic, I bet you didn't even notice it was Canuck and me coming toward the camera.  Sweet I saved the pic.  Thanks, Roger

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »

Well, if you had to ride over THAT bridge to receive the other half of the pin, I'm glad I'll only have the 2nd half.  No way  ole spyder is riding, walking, running (maybe crawling) over that bridge unless someone's got the 'drop' on me.  [smiley=nervous.gif] har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 03:09:20 PM »

Don, great pic, I bet you didn't even notice it was Canuck and me coming toward the camera.  Sweet I saved the pic.  Thanks, Roger

Rog, I've got a good/bad habit of riding with the camera around my neck and on my lap.  Good because can often just grab it.  Bad because sometimes I grab it when I should be busy doing other things  ;D .  Skyline drive wasn't that busy.  But still doesn't mean I was paying ALL that much attention to the outside details  [smiley=drink.gif] .
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:09:43 PM by twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 03:11:48 PM »

Well, if you had to ride over THAT bridge to receive the other half of the pin, I'm glad I'll only have the 2nd half.  No way  ole spyder is riding, walking, running (maybe crawling) over that bridge unless someone's got the 'drop' on me.  [smiley=nervous.gif] har!  spyder

It's ok Spyder, the bridge was a piece of cake.  The view was worth it too.  Even more so because we did it with bud's at the same time.

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »

On our way home from CC Susan and I stopped in SantaFe, NM on the way to Dallas.  Forty miles from our motel in Snyder we were hit by a dust storm, high winds (as in blow you off the road) and then wind driven rain.  Thank goodness out in the middle of nowhere we came upon a small roadside rest stop that had two picnic tables with a roof over them.  We stopped there for one and a half hours waiting for the wind and rain to subside. A couple of times I had to hold  on to the bikes to keep them from blowing over. Every trip is an adventure.  We got to Dallas and we were about 20 miles from home when the rear axle bearings in Susan's Fatboy went out causing a terrible noise and a wobbling rear wheel.  As luck would have it our local HD dealer was there with a trailer in 30 minutes to pick it up.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 03:18:44 PM »

Rog, I've got a good/bad habit of riding with the camera around my neck and on my lap.  [smiley=drink.gif] .
TwoLane, what kinda cord/strap/lanyard/????  do you use and have you had any close calls doing that?  I might try taking somemore pics w/ this new dig. camera since you don't have to look thru a view-finder.......I almost drove off the bridge down in the Keys taking pics w/ the old camera.  Quit doing that then, but.......if you've figured out a good way.....  [smiley=confused5.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 03:46:18 PM »

On our way home from CC Susan and I stopped in SantaFe, NM on the way to Dallas.  Forty miles from our motel in Snyder we were hit by a dust storm, high winds (as in blow you off the road) and then wind driven rain.  Thank goodness out in the middle of nowhere we came upon a small roadside rest stop that had two picnic tables with a roof over them.  We stopped there for one and a half hours waiting for the wind and rain to subside. A couple of times I had to hold  on to the bikes to keep them from blowing over. Every trip is an adventure.  We got to Dallas and we were about 20 miles from home when the rear axle bearings in Susan's Fatboy went out causing a terrible noise and a wobbling rear wheel.  As luck would have it our local HD dealer was there with a trailer in 30 minutes to pick it up.

Glad you guys made it in ok.  Heading out across or down from the Plains the wind can always be an adventure.  Even enough to put a stop to a ride.  It can be every bit as bad out in west TX.  Just glad nothing tipped, paint didn't get scoured and the axle bearing problem happened that close to the shop.  Time to relax for a weekend now  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2006, 03:53:56 PM »

TwoLane, what kinda cord/strap/lanyard/????  do you use and have you had any close calls doing that?  I might try taking somemore pics w/ this new dig. camera since you don't have to look thru a view-finder.......I almost drove off the bridge down in the Keys taking pics w/ the old camera.  Quit doing that then, but.......if you've figured out a good way.....  [smiley=confused5.gif]  spyder

Spyder, I suppose it might be easier with a physically smaller camera like many of the good digitals are nowadays.  They're small and light enough they could hang on a camera cord around your neck or be kept in a windshield pouch.  But I've got spoiled by the SLR camera so the Canon is what I'm generally slinging around.  

It's really not a big deal though.  Just a standard camera strap.  I adjust it's length so that if something occurs abruptly and the camera swins from side to side it won't bonk the dash as it swings.  Can do that and still leave it long enough that the lens rests on my left leg while in a normal and comfortable riding position.  Then when you see something can just reach down with the right hand, grab the camera, point it in the direction of whatever it is that caught your fancy, snap a few quick pictures, and set the camera right back down.

Sometimes the aim is questionable.  But you usually hit what your aiming at this way.  At least generally.  Framing might not be absolutely what you want.  But sometimes you get things you'd never anticipated either.  The surprises are the best part.  Once you've done it just a bit it becomes pretty second nature.  Cruise control makes it even easier.  Even if you're just popping it on briefly at a slow-ish speed and popping it right back off after you're done with the camera.  But even without the CC it's no big deal.  Riding w/o a passenger though there's just no other way to get the pictures.  And missing EVERYTHING is just not an acceptable choice.  [smiley=drink.gif]

FWIW, I think all of the few pics I've posted so far were taken while on the bike and cruising.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 04:03:50 PM »

FWIW, I think all of the few pics I've posted so far were taken while on the bike and cruising.
Thanks, Don, and BTW, the pics so far have been great!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 05:05:21 PM »

. . . So score now is: Attending Maggie Valley (for some if not all) 75% - Not attending Maggie Valley 25%  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Or, said another way, the score now is: Detailing 101 seminar by Fired00d in Maggie Valley 75% - Dirty Bikes for everyone 25%  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 05:05:52 PM »

Definite two way traffic Gary.  Didn't get tight til you had bikes on both sides and pedestrians in the middle all at the same time.
Add to that the wind, and our batwing fairings. [smiley=nervous.gif] Those flags are sticking up like a GI home from boot camp. :o

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »

But for narrow you needed this little bugger.  Man, when that semi passed Naitram I didn't think they'd all fit!
No way!!!! [smiley=nervous.gif] Where did this road lead to, and why would a semi be on it, that's scary.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2006, 05:13:59 PM »

Or, said another way, the score now is: Detailing 101 seminar by Fired00d in Maggie Valley 75% - Dirty Bikes for everyone 25%  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=ROFLOL.gif]
Brian,
You don't miss a thing do you, and a mind like an elephant. I see I'm going have to be careful what I say/promise around you. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2006, 07:19:44 PM »

No way!!!! [smiley=nervous.gif] Where did this road lead to, and why would a semi be on it, that's scary.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

It was on the way to one of our gas stops D00d.  And I got no idea what that semi thought he was doing  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.