Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: (California/Arizona), Nevada, Utah, Colorado  (Read 64224 times)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Re: (California/Arizona), Nevada, Utah, Colorado
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »

OPEN RANGE?

If you don't want animals (cows, sheep, horses, donkeys, camels, elephants, etc.) on your land then you need to fence your land to keep them off.

http://www.unce.unr.edu/publications/files/ag/2010/fs1069.pdf

Livestock on Highways
Livestock owners are also exempted from damages related to animals on highways passing through open range. A.B. 436 (Chapter 301, Statutes of Nevada 1965), defined open range and further provided that an owner of any domestic animal running on open range has no duty to keep the animal off any highway traversing or located on open range, nor may the owner be held liable for any damages caused by any collision between a motor vehicle and an animal on such highway. In fact, motorists that hit and maim or kill livestock on highways on open range are liable to the livestock owner for damages to the animal.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »

Tonopah to home……
The beautiful colors of the Nevada desert…..

We all followed Terrie for five miles of road construction, riding in loose gravel, down in the culvert.  Wasn’t able to get any pictures through all that until we were able to get back up on the road.  I wasn’t about to let go of my handlebars when we were down in that ditch but everybody that was there can testify as to what it was…..

Heading west through Nevada, you can always tell when you’re at the California state line……mountains, greenery, beauty!

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2012, 12:23:56 AM »

The last of us split up in Lee Vining.  Andy & Sherry, Don & Carol turned left and headed up over Tioga Pass, through Yosemite and on to the bay area.  Terrie and I continued north on US 395 to Sonora Pass and on over to Sacramento…..

Who remembers the Bridgeport Jamboree?  I spent some great times in this little town a few years back…..OK, maybe a few decades back.

Sonora Pass……..one of my top favorite passes……    Those of us from Nor Cal know what this ride is about and it tops the list of favorites for most!

The training center for winter warfare for the Devil Dogs…..

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2012, 12:26:02 AM »

First in, last out……they were doing maneuvers……

Rut rohhhhhh……getting mightly cloudy up there and we’re not even to the top yet.  It always rains on the west side and nothing on the east side.  That’s why everything is green in California and everything is dead in Nevada….. 

Beautiful waterfall!  The snow polls give you some idea how deep the snow gets up here……

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2012, 12:28:06 AM »

I don’t know about accidental perfect pictures but I can tell you this route is about as close to a perfect ride as it gets!

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2012, 12:30:21 AM »

He caught one!

And all of a sudden it is extremely foggy.  QUESTION:    At which point does it quit being clouds and starts being fog?  ANSWER:   When you ride in to it!

It got so intense we couldn’t hardly see the lines on the road or twenty feet in front of us.  Very slow going through here…….

Soon the fog turn to showers………….then a solid down pour.  We rode in it all the way home.  Here we stopped in Angels Camp for a bite to eat and a break and to get out of the rain gear for twenty minutes.

Terrie’s at a dead run……

It was a great vacation, road some incredible roads, saw some incredible sites and had a great time with our friends.  I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as we did!

West Coast GTG   

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »

What a ride JC and such beautiful country  :2vrolijk_21:  You have picture's that are worthy of enlarging and hanging on your wall.  They are breathtaking and beautiful.  Thank you so much for taking us on this trip with you and Terrie through all your pictures and I can say that I have enjoyed everyone of them!   ::)
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »

Thanks for sharing the experience!  

What a wonderful country we live in and have the opportunity to enjoy.  For those that have been blessed with the opportunity to encounter these areas I am confident that it brought back some fond memories.  For the vast amount of people who may fall into the other catergory allow these photographs, information, insight and planning to serve as a means of inspiration.  Perhaps you will have this occasion in your future or at least parts of it should you desire and have the means for it.

One of the many blessings of this site for me is to receive this type of benefit.  The wisdom, experience and vision of others have allowed me to make the most of my journeys and plan those yet to come.

And with that I will begin to plan another future journey and thanks to all that shared

:2vrolijk_21:

mrbhd

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2008 Flhtcuse3
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »

JC,

Thanks for sharing your trip.   Awesome pictures!!!    BTW,  I remember the Bridgeport Jamboree very well.   Spent several days there one night!!!!  Used to attend regularly!!!!!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »

Some awesome shots JC! Thanks for sharing. Looks like an outstanding trip!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »

Thanks for sharing the experience!  

What a wonderful country we live in and have the opportunity to enjoy.  For those that have been blessed with the opportunity to encounter these areas I am confident that it brought back some fond memories.  For the vast amount of people who may fall into the other catergory allow these photographs, information, insight and planning to serve as a means of inspiration.  Perhaps you will have this occasion in your future or at least parts of it should you desire and have the means for it.

One of the many blessings of this site for me is to receive this type of benefit.  The wisdom, experience and vision of others have allowed me to make the most of my journeys and plan those yet to come.

And with that I will begin to plan another future journey and thanks to all that shared

:2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: x2 - one of the benefits of living in New Mexico is that I've been able to enjoy riding all of the routes traveled by JCZ and the gang. What a wonderful country. Looking forward to my route to Spokane for the West Coast GTG!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:18:51 PM by DesertHOG »

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »

JC,

Thanks for sharing your trip.   Awesome pictures!!!    BTW,  I remember the Bridgeport Jamboree very well.   Spent several days there one night!!!!  Used to attend regularly!!!!!

X2 or X3.  I remember one year wearing every piece of clothing I had inside my sleeping bag and still being too cold to sleep.  Ahhh, good times!
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »

I remember one year, it rained hard.  It was in the evening, had been raining all day.  Got to the campground and our tents were full of water and our sleeping bags were floating.  Grabbed the bags and headed back in to town, to the laundrymat.  Everybody was either in their underwear or butt naked.  A bunch of women started out behind a blanket......that didn't last long. ;D  The good ol' days! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

mrbhd

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2008 Flhtcuse3
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »

Seriously fun times!!!!!!!!     :orange:

sglide4me

« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »

I don't know if its your skill JC or the camera but those are some great photos.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.