Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Need help - Need Helmet  (Read 5790 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Need help - Need Helmet
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 02:24:38 PM »

Interesting. The last 2 posts. One would never recommend it. The other highly recommends it. I've been looking for something a little better than the Novelty helmet I've been using for years. The ACC and NexL both looked like they have potential. After researching both as best I can, I ordered the NexL Sports Beanie Helmet in Flat Black. If you compare the two, you'll see that there's validity to Mike L's post. ACC has limited sizes available and uses inserts to get the fit right. NexL has twice as many sizes and you order the helmet for your size head. That's how it should be. I just hope it's as small and light as they claim. Otherwise, back to the Novelty. If I have to wear one, it might as well be effective. NexL claims to be the smallest and lightest on the market. I'll let you guys know if it is,or if I return it! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

cigarmike

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »

Interesting. The last 2 posts. One would never recommend it. The other highly recommends it. I've been looking for something a little better than the Novelty helmet I've been using for years. The ACC and NexL both looked like they have potential. After researching both as best I can, I ordered the NexL Sports Beanie Helmet in Flat Black. If you compare the two, you'll see that there's validity to Mike L's post. ACC has limited sizes available and uses inserts to get the fit right. NexL has twice as many sizes and you order the helmet for your size head. That's how it should be. I just hope it's as small and light as they claim. Otherwise, back to the Novelty. If I have to wear one, it might as well be effective. NexL claims to be the smallest and lightest on the market. I'll let you guys know if it is,or if I return it! ;) Hoist! 8)

Im not saying its a bad company for everyone, I'm not happy with them as is my wife, the damn thing just didnt fit right for me, even with the re-shaping they did....with the strap tightened, you can take and push on the front of it, and it will be on the back of your head too easily for me, Laurie agrees, like the straps are not in the correct position. cant imagine that in a gust of wind, it wouldnt do the same thing. Regardless, Im out $45 in shipping fees, and wasnt very impressed with them for the price they are asking.
     I'll now be looking for the kevlar helmet that comes with memory foam that a guy was telling me about. he said somewhere in the bay Area calif., they have them, Anyone know??

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 11:09:11 PM »

hoist,
had Nexl helmet for about 5 years. It is light weight. Smaller than other DOT. It is a little light on internal padding. If you wear a skull cap make sure it is not slick nylon type or the helmet will shift on your head (unless you got it buckled so tight you can't open your jaw!) Good luck john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 11:30:56 PM »

I own about 15 different helmets. Different helmets for different bikes and riding styles. When I take longer trips on the SERG I wear a KBC Modular helmet. I like the option of being able to flip the face open in warm weather and the closed option in the morning cold or rain. I started wearing an open face helmet when it was ungodly hot last year. I like it for the fact it covers my ears and drowns out the wind noise. I tried using a detachable shield on it that I carried in my saddle bag but got pretty scratched up. I have my novelty helmet for the trip around town. For balls to the wall riding I wear full face helmets. I tried a DOT half helmet but could not get use to the parachute feeling it placed on my head.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »

I was going to suggest turning the helmet around. my experience with visors(even small ones) are, they usually pick up more wind then without one.

That's been tried before. It looks kinda stoopid to me, but it may look good on you.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:32:26 AM by Chief »

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »

That's been tried before. It looks kinda stoopid to me, but it may look good on you.

I am kind of digging that look! A whole new generation of motorcycle riders could be sold on this under the "Emperor's new clothes" marketing scheme! what do you think? JOHn
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 03:52:16 PM »

I am kind of digging that look! A whole new generation of motorcycle riders could be sold on this under the "Emperor's new clothes" marketing scheme! what do you think? JOHn
As long as they stay away from me and out of the left lane! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »

As long as they stay away from me and out of the left lane! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)
Hoist,
if they were their helmets like that they will be lucky to stay on the road! john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »

Hoist,
if they were their helmets like that they will be lucky to stay on the road! john

The rider, or the helmet? ;D

I hope that new nexl helmet fits better than that! ;) Mine should be here any time now. They said 3 weeks and that's at the end of the week.

Hoist! 8)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:58 PM »

The rider, or the helmet? ;D

I hope that new nexl helmet fits better than that! ;) Mine should be here any time now. They said 3 weeks and that's at the end of the week.

Hoist! 8)
Hopefully just the rider! i have not had the same experience with the "lift" issue with the NEXL. It sort of the Corbin of helmets as is a little harder since not much padding. the  hot spots can be finger pushed for comfort to adjust as you wear. As I said in another post the skull cap should not be slick/shiny ( DOWRAP etc.)as helmet will move as get up to speed! john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »

Hopefully just the rider! i have not had the same experience with the "lift" issue with the NEXL. It sort of the Corbin of helmets as is a little harder since not much padding. the  hot spots can be finger pushed for comfort to adjust as you wear. As I said in another post the skull cap should not be slick/shiny ( DOWRAP etc.)as helmet will move as get up to speed! john

Thanks John, I don't wear those wraps on my head anyway. I just hope it doesn't do it cause of this bald head of mine! ;D Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 07:17:51 PM »

hdhog,
in addition to the helmets Terry mentioned, try the following :
http://www.nexlsports.com/
I like the smaller half helmet, these are light weight and DOT, as well as carbon fiber, good luck john

Anyone know these guys NexL? I ordered 2 of these on 4/2/07 and was charged for them on that day. They said 4 week leadtime. As of today, I've heard nothing back. No returned phone calls or emails. Ever!!! These guys suck!!

NexL Sports Products, LLC
121 Aviation Way
Watsonville CA 95076
UNITED STATES
831 786-1800

Anyone know them or live nearby that can check on them for me? I'd appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks.

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 08:37:58 PM »

Anyone know these guys NexL? I ordered 2 of these on 4/2/07 and was charged for them on that day. They said 4 week leadtime. As of today, I've heard nothing back. No returned phone calls or emails. Ever!!! These guys suck!!

NexL Sports Products, LLC
121 Aviation Way
Watsonville CA 95076
UNITED STATES
831 786-1800

Anyone know them or live nearby that can check on them for me? I'd appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks.

Hoist! 8)

I don't live by them, but, I own several guns.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 08:57:56 PM »

I don't live by them, but, I own several guns.

Thanks Ken, I'll call you when it gets to that! ;) Your next post is the big one. Make it good! ;D Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »

CHEERS! I've had one or two brewskis tonight. (maybe more)

Listen CVO'ers. I've been looking at this 710 knob on my CVO for the last few nights. Can someone please please tell me what it's for?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.