Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Helmet Report  (Read 5347 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Helmet Report
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

;D ;D :P :drink:

I will take the statements from above as compliments....

That is how they were meant.   :2vrolijk_21:  You (and many others on the site) have helped me a great deal by fearlessly taking the plunge into products / mods after you have thoroughly researched them.  I have not been disappointed by anything I have purchased, added, modifed to or for my bike.  THANK YOU very much for you dedication and willingness to share your knowledge & experience.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »

TC,

So how does it sound at highway speeds?  Need ear plugs?  CB Clear?

Mark

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »

TC,

So how does it sound at highway speeds?  Need ear plugs?  CB Clear?

Mark

Mark...this one is for the Vrod only, so haven't tried it out behind the fairing on the big bike, but....having worn the Nolan on the Vrod at the same speeds, I would say the noise level is about the same in both helmets, just a bit different frequency, perhaps just a touch louder on this one because of the ventilation.  On the V, I really think I need to start wearing ear plugs for wind noise.  The Windvest shield does a great job, but nothing makes up for the Batwing on the Ultras, with the Clearview.

Having said all that, this helmet would make a good candidate for installing the J&M headset system.  There is room around the ears.  For those of you who have problems with helmets fitting too tight around the ears, you might want to find one of these and try it out in the store.

Also, the release button for the flip up feature is located just inside the very front of the lower lip of the chin on the helmet...pinch with your thumb, and flip it up.  The mechanism is aluminum and looks to be extremely durable.  It's quite a nice helmet, and looks good too.  It's pricey, but no more so than other good quality flips.  I think KBC makes this one for HD.  If you wanted to save a few bucks, here's a link:  http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/ffr
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 06:43:45 PM »

;D ;D :P :drink:

Funny how I can remember everything I want to about the bike, helmets, jackets, cams, GPS, Fly fishing, cameras...I can even remember and picture in my mind THE log I caught a fish from 20 years ago....but I can't remember anything at work for more than 15 minutes... ;D ;D

I will take the statements from above as compliments....Diva says I should open a consulting business for Harley shoppers... ;)

Yep ... I have alternative motives for that idea tho ... I could quit my job and be your bookkeeper, bartender, etc.   ;)

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 09:17:28 PM »

Really schweet helmet there Terry.  I've taken a liking to my 3/4 lately.........especially on long rides.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 07:56:37 AM »

I liked the look of this helmet.  But when I tried it on at the dealership it didn't come down far enough on the face for me so I'll just keep looking.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »

I liked the look of this helmet.  But when I tried it on at the dealership it didn't come down far enough on the face for me so I'll just keep looking.

Smiler...it fits a little different than my Nolan N102...have you tried on one of those?  Very nice helmet as well.

You're not a member of the Conehead Family, are you?   ;D ;)

Seriously, most helmets are made for people with an oval head (looking from the top)...if you have a round head, you may have to go with another brand.  Webikeworld has a good article on line about helmets and fitment.  They test a lot of helmets.  Check it out if you haven't already.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 03:48:02 PM »

Smiler...it fits a little different than my Nolan N102...have you tried on one of those?  Very nice helmet as well.

You're not a member of the Conehead Family, are you?   ;D ;)

Seriously, most helmets are made for people with an oval head (looking from the top)...if you have a round head, you may have to go with another brand.  Webikeworld has a good article on line about helmets and fitment.  They test a lot of helmets.  Check it out if you haven't already.
; ;D LOL, MY WIFE HAS KNOWN TO CALL ME EGGHEAD WHEN WE HAVE WORDS :nixweiss:

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 04:08:53 PM »

I have the same helmet with its KBC counterpart. It is a very good helmet as far as fit and function. I had to change out the pads to fit me better and since than it has been great. I wear my earphones inside of it and the pads don't interfere with them.  :2vrolijk_21: My wife wears the flamed HD version and i wear the KBC.

My only complaint is the fogging of the shield on cold days. I have a Scorpion helmet that will NOT fog under any condition. As soon as they make a modular I'll have one.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.