Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Cruiserworks Boots  (Read 5511 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Cruiserworks Boots
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »

I just finally decided to bite the bullet and order a pair of the waterproof boots.  I have been waiting to attend an event where I could try them on, but that was not going to happen prior to our trip to Nelson, so I went ahead and put in an online order.  Unfortunately, the company did not have the size I ordered.  Because of the difficulty of finding an alternative, I did call and they had the half size up and I suspect I needed it anyway, I got a pair coming, but the following is the email I got, so others from this forum can be forewarned that the company is having some stocking issues at this time.

--------------------
Dear Cruiserworks Customer,

Apologies, we are currently out of stock in the boot that you ordered. Below is a letter from the owner of Cruiserworks that will explain what is going on with us in regards to inventory. We do have a list of dealers on our website that may have your boot available.

We are doing everything possible to get boots in stock again as quickly as possible and we are very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment that this temporary situation may have caused you.

Your name has been added to a call list and we will notify you when the boot you ordered is available.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

------------------

To All Cruiserworks Customers,

In October of last year, I made a decision to move production of Cruiserboots from a Canadian manufacturer to one in the United States.  I made that decision for two reasons.  One was that I wanted to have a Made in USA product and the other is that I wanted to be assured of a more stable supply of boots. After some research, I chose one of the larger of the remaining boot and shoe companies in the United States.

During the first week of October I made it clear to them that it was critical that we be able to build up a full stock of boots before April of 2007.   The president of the company and the sales person from that company assured me that there would be no problem doing so and I received continued assurances into March of 2007.  Incredibly, by the beginning of April, they had still not even completed samples of our boots.   Worse for us was the fact that they had taken possession of essential production equipment belonging to Cruiserworks and we were prevented from getting someone else to do the work.

When we finally received the samples, we found that they had made changes to the materials and design of the boots that we found unacceptable and we were forced to return the boots and terminate the relationship.  After some difficulty, we were able to obtain our lasts and dies and we are now searching for someone who can produce the boots for us.   

I am not willing to sacrifice the quality of our boots.  I don't know how long it will take to find a manufacturer who can live up to our standards but we will continue to honor our warranty.  If any customer receives a boot with defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace the boot if we still have it in stock or refund the purchase price.

Sincerely,

Robert Goforth

Owner

Cruiserworks Customer Service Team
Thank you for choosing Cruiserworks!

505-C Cornerstone Court
Hillsborough, NC  27278
919.644.6701 [fax]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:11:37 PM by Mrs.WeCVO »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cruiserworks Boots
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:46:28 PM »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:23:18 PM »

MrsWe...what size do you need?  Remember, most people need a half size larger for their boots...the largest shoe size you've ever worn is the rule of thumb.  I normally wear an 8, but got an 8 1/2 and it fits' perfectly.

If you will let me know your size, I'll make it a personal mission to help you find a pair.  Suzanne loves her Lady Defenders.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 06:28:16 PM »

Candy,

try here:  http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp;jsessionid=1ET0N0JQGFBATLA0WTKSM4VMDK0NCIV0?skuId=&store=Main&catId=&productId=H35752&leafCatId=&mmyId=

Looks like they might have some stock...I've got a few things from them and had no problems with their service.

Here's another source:  http://www.rodneyscyclehouse.com/shopping/cruiserworks.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:33:43 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »

Same thing happened for me too (two weeks ago). They didn't have my size in the Defenders. I chose to get the Commandos.
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »

Thanks guys for the help, but I called and they had a 9 in stock and it is on its way as of today.  I used to always wear an 8, but the last couple of years I've worn an 8 1/2 and with the way they were talking about order up - I figure with thick socks and an insole if needed a 9 would be fine. I am not one of those females who cares about the size number, just want comfort and the water proofing was getting me nervous.  Here, If I get wet, no biggie, I am home at night and can recover ........... 20 days on the road with feet in plastic bags has just gotta suck and since I can get the boots, I got them.  The only reason I never had them before is I have not been to a rally or locale where they were being sold that I could try them on.  Jamey has had his for five or six years and loves his.  In fact, the search for me had me send his out for the resoling.  Put the no charge if sent in US label on the box, put on top of mail box, 10 minutes later the mail lady took boots away and they are supposed to be back to us in 10 days.  Wow!  What great service is that?  I hope that cruiserworks can overcome this supply dilema.  This could be a business killer. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:33:41 AM »

Same thing happened for me too (two weeks ago). They didn't have my size in the Defenders. I chose to get the Commandos.

So Bret's feet are going Commando  ??? ?

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 10:20:17 AM »

I applaud the new owner for taking the high road and not jeopardizing the brand's good name by selling an inferior product.  Unfortunately I imagine he is kicking himself right about now for ever moving the production.  If it ain't broke, don't break it I always say. 

It is a darn shame that his new supplier lead him down the garden path but I've heard so many horror stories just like this from business folks that I'm not surprised.  Just hope they can hang in there and find a new (competent) supplier before they go broke.  This could definitely sink a business.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »

Thanks guys for the help, but I called and they had a 9 in stock and it is on its way as of today.  I used to always wear an 8, but the last couple of years I've worn an 8 1/2 and with the way they were talking about order up - I figure with thick socks and an insole if needed a 9 would be fine. I am not one of those females who cares about the size number, just want comfort and the water proofing was getting me nervous.  Here, If I get wet, no biggie, I am home at night and can recover ........... 20 days on the road with feet in plastic bags has just gotta suck and since I can get the boots, I got them.  The only reason I never had them before is I have not been to a rally or locale where they were being sold that I could try them on.  Jamey has had his for five or six years and loves his.  In fact, the search for me had me send his out for the resoling.  Put the no charge if sent in US label on the box, put on top of mail box, 10 minutes later the mail lady took boots away and they are supposed to be back to us in 10 days.  Wow!  What great service is that?  I hope that cruiserworks can overcome this supply dilema.  This could be a business killer. 

Glad to hear you located a pair, Candy.

I really hope Cruiserworks gets this issue resolved and finds a builder who meets their obviously high standards.  I picked up an extra pair to put up in the closet a few months ago...found them for 1/2 price and just couldn't pass up a deal like that.

Hope they fit, and you enjoy them on your trip to Nelson.  Guarantee it will beat the plastic bags on the feet  ;)

TTS Mastertune

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 11:48:11 AM »

Thanks for the info Mrs We. Wife has had a pair on back order so she called to check on them was given Donna's name to call at Rodneycycle 501-562-6336 as they had the size she needed. Size 9 Mrs We those might be the ones Karen returned. Karen called Donna and has her size coming. Any of you out there they are running low on stock so do not wait. I love mine I hope Karen does, she has been a Danner fan for years.

Karen asked when they are back in full swing if they could post on the site ADVISED about the discount to members. They thought that would be good since there are all kinds of rumors out there about them. VERY NICE people.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 03:57:03 PM »

The things that can amaze me the most.  I talked to Cara at Cruiserworks yesterday afternoon.  Today at 3:30 the UPS truck pulls up and all the items I ordered were delivered.  Man, oh Man!  Am I EVER Glad I ordered a 1/2 size larger than I have ever worn in any footwear.  I could barely get my feet in the boots.  Now that they are on, however, they feel like clouds.  I believe I am going to love this boots. 

Now, How do I get them off?   :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:02:43 PM by Mrs.WeCVO »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »

[/quote]

Honey can you help me pull these off  ;D

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 05:12:32 PM »

The things that can amaze me the most.  I talked to Cara at Cruiserworks yesterday afternoon.  Today at 3:30 the UPS truck pulls up and all the items I ordered were delivered.  Man, oh Man!  Am I EVER Glad I ordered a 1/2 size larger than I have ever worn in any footwear.  I could barely get my feet in the boots.  Now that they are on, however, they feel like clouds.  I believe I am going to love this boots. 

Which model did you get, Candy?  Suzanne has the Lady Lace Defender style, and she has to unlace them at least halfway down, where I don't.  She's got a high instep though.  Man, what great customer service though...can't beat that with a stick!!

TTS Mastertune

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 02:28:12 AM »

I ordered the Lady Rider.  Could not quite envision how one could have waterproof with laces or zippers.  Of course - silly me - my rain coat and pants both have zippers and I have never had water get in from the zippers, but when looking at a glance thought the pull ons would be best.   Of course, influenced by what my husband has been wearing, he has the Men's Tour, also a pull on, and he loves his.  I walked around for a few hours last night with some thinner socks on - quite a site I'm sure - me in boots and shorts, but these boots are fantastic.  I can tell they need a couple of hours of breaking in, but they are so light and comfortable, it is hard to believe.  Thanks to everyone who has recommended these boots over the past couple of years.  I got to think I will be bragging about the comfort and ridability of this brand for some time.

:cherry:

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 02:00:19 PM »

I don't think I'm as high on their customer sevice as others are. I ordered the Defenders. Four days after they billed my credit card I recieved an email asking me to call customer service. When I called and talked to Cara she told me they didn't have my size in the Defender but they had my size in the Commando. She didn't have an ETA on my size in the Defender. I decided to go with the Commandos. When I recieved my order I noticed the sole was different than the website was showing. I sent and email and they replied 3 days later saying that they had changed the soles 4 years ago and didn't update their website.
I agree 100% that these are some very nice boots but they better be considering the price. I'm glad that they outsource their resole because unless they get their production issue fixed they aren't going to be around when that time comes.
My opinion is excellent product (if you can get it), management bafoons, so-so customer service, and company longevity looks bleak.
 :soapbox:

but I do like my new boots!  ;D
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »

Mrs. WE,

Never watched any old westerns?  Sit on a chair or the edge of the bed, have Mr. WE stand with his back to you with legs slightly spread, place one foot between his legs and the other against his posterior.  He then grasps the boot you placed between his legs and pulls as you push with the other foot.  Switch foot positions and repeat.  Important: Try not to launch him through a wall or other object. :oops:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 09:01:54 PM »

Mrs. WE,

Never watched any old westerns?  Sit on a chair or the edge of the bed, have Mr. WE stand with his back to you with legs slightly spread, place one foot between his legs and the other against his posterior.  He then grasps the boot you placed between his legs and pulls as you push with the other foot.  Switch foot positions and repeat.  Important: Try not to launch him through a wall or other object. :oops:

Jerry

:worthless: :worthless:

harleydiva

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 12:01:37 AM »

You'll love them!   :2vrolijk_21:   They're so comfortable that you can even hike in them.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 12:09:40 AM »

So Bret's feet are going Commando  ??? ?
LATE SPEW!!!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 11:08:01 PM »

Destroyed a pair of cruiser works in an acedent a few years ago.Hadn't replaced them 'cause they quit doing shows & I like to try stuff on before I buy.Stopped in N.C. at their store last month & got a pair of pull ons & a pair of lace ups.Like the lace ups so well I haven't warn  the pull ons yet.One problem I found riding the 200 miles home from Port Dover in the rain is the tongs aren't as water proof as the rest of the boot.Socks were a little damp under the tongs.As comfy as sneaks to walk in.If you ware a large size like my 14s there's a good chance they have them in stock.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »

I have a pair of their zip up boots and they are really nice.  Very glad I got them.  Took just a little bit to break them in but now broken in they are very comfortable. 
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

BaronStump

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 08:02:30 AM »

Folks,
Got to get this posted in hopes of: 1) preventing someone from buying boots made by the US production company the first half of '07 2) finding said boots through outlets that may cause warranty/refund issues.  Best advice I can give is get be patient for the new Crusierworks boots expected out this Sept or get another brand!

I ordered my boots directly through Cruiserworks (Cara is a wonderful lady) way back in Feb '07 during the time that Crusierworks had rejected several intial run samples and were waiting full production from the new company.  Problem was the soles, not the tread but the quality and durability of the adhesion to the boot.  I finally received my boots in late April (wasn't billed til shipment and got a free bottle of the leather cream for my patience) and immediately began wearing them daily. Both to ride and in my uniform as they were a comforable replacement for my standard issue boots and I commute daily on the bikes.  Cutting to the chase; got to work one morning last month; late June, and my right sock was wet.  Stationed in Belgium and it rains more here than Seattle so waterproff boots are a must.  Looked down at my right heel and it had seperated a from the uppers with a gap big enough to slide my thumb into.  Pulled off both boots and found the soles seperating on both in several areas around the soles.  Immediately called Cara and was informed that they new of the problem and had ceased business with that company and are with someone else now.  She appoligized many times over and stated that my boots were not exemplary of the company and not a product they were proud of.  I would receive new boots in Sept of the quality that Cruiserworks would again put their reputation behind.  Had I been in the states, she would have taken them back; had the soles "repaired" for wearing while I waited for the new boots; overseas it wouldn't be timely given the 3+ weeks of just shipping time plus repair...I'll get the new boots about the same time I'd get the repaired ones back.  I'll fix these locally for a spare set of work boots.   I agree with ultrafxr in applauding the owner and I'm sure he is kicking himself but he did "jeopardize the brand's good name by selling an inferior product" when he let those boots out the door this spring.  I would question the any inventory on the shelf that you could find right now and only go with Cruiserworks boots after the new line is out this fall.  I'll follow-up with a note when I get mine....Cara was great to work with; knew who I was, took my complaint without question, and is doing right by me and her company with a no-cost replacement with a boot they say they will be able to stand behind again...my two cents
Shiny side up,
Baron Stump
'06 FLHTCUSE Haze-n-Black
Too Numerous to List
1999 Indian Chief (Custom Paint - Red)
ThunderHeart Single Fire
Woods W6H Prowler Cam
HackerLabs Hacker B
Too Much Chrome & Engine changes to list
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 21 queries.