Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: thunder valley jacket  (Read 12917 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: thunder valley jacket
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 01:26:13 AM »

this would be the one

big ass screamin chicken on the back

Duh! I guess if I had looked at "view 2" I would have seen that!

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 09:07:06 AM »

if you want a 3-1 try this suckah..   so many of us have it its like a club jacket
      Men's Bracket Jacket with Switchback Technology

Speed freaks, say hello to your jacket. Water-resistant polyester with switchback technology textile outer panels that zip-off to create a mesh jacket with classic orange race stripe. Removable waterproof liner. Removable body armor in shoulders and elbow. Action back. Snap-down sleeve tabs. Adjustable cuffs and waist tabs. Two hand-warmer pockets. Reflective piping. Harley-Davidson® and Screamin' Eagle® graphics.

98281-07VM

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448770359&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309090093&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309090093&bmUID=1218512144426&bmLocale=en_US

AJ,

This is one of my favorite jackets.  I end up wearing this one more than any of my leather jackets.  When I add the Gerbings heated liner, it's good for the worst of weather.  Without the rain liner, it stays pretty dry unless it's raining really hard.  Then I pull the Elite Highway rain gear on anyway and never mess with the liner.  The rain jacket packs smaller than the liner.

Craig

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:08 AM »

AJ,

This is one of my favorite jackets.  I end up wearing this one more than any of my leather jackets.  When I add the Gerbings heated liner, it's good for the worst of weather.  Without the rain liner, it stays pretty dry unless it's raining really hard.  Then I pull the Elite Highway rain gear on anyway and never mess with the liner.  The rain jacket packs smaller than the liner.

Craig

My question then is will this replace the Gortex rain jacket? I need to get a new rain suit and was thinking that with the liner in, this may be an alternative. I've got the HD Gerbing jacket liner for cold weather and wear it under the leather with the rain suit on top in really bad rain. Can this take the place of the rain suit or is the Gortex the only way to go? I have been happy with the packable rain suit that I have been using as it's not too hot during the summer months yet still keeps me dry. Thanks.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »

My question then is will this replace the Gortex rain jacket? I need to get a new rain suit and was thinking that with the liner in, this may be an alternative. I've got the HD Gerbing jacket liner for cold weather and wear it under the leather with the rain suit on top in really bad rain. Can this take the place of the rain suit or is the Gortex the only way to go? I have been happy with the packable rain suit that I have been using as it's not too hot during the summer months yet still keeps me dry. Thanks.

its water resistant  not water proof....  its pretty darn versatile but it isnt gore tex

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »

just to clarify, the jacket i originally posted is the leather one. ( really soft, does run a little small). to jack my own thread, I do have a 3 in 1 also (similar to TC's). It is not waterproof! It pretty good with small drizzle but not decent down pour.  The "convertible" is a great jacket too, especially travelling where may get weather changes ( put a schampa shirt underneath and can go down to 50's easy!) john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

bausti25

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »

Hi all,
I have the jacket posted above for sell on Ebay right now.  If you want this jacket for a good deal, mine is the one to get in a XL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290267063929

New spring collection! For those who want SE but not in orange and black, look a this:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »

Hi all,
I have the jacket posted above for sell on Ebay right now.  If you want this jacket for a good deal, mine is the one to get in a XL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290267063929

Bausti,
I usually wear XL but looking at the size chart you included on the ebay listing it seems it would be too large for me. My sleeve length is 34 and my waist is 37 but the chart says 36 for sleeve and 40+ for the waist.  However someone above indicated this jacket tends to fit on the small side. :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: 

bausti25

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »

Hi,
I typically wear a XL and found that this jacket fits me real well.  You will like the tad bit of extra length in the arms because when you ride you have your arms up.  The waist is expandable and will fit you well if you have a size 37 waist like me.
Have a great day!
Brian

Bausti,
I usually wear XL but looking at the size chart you included on the ebay listing it seems it would be too large for me. My sleeve length is 34 and my waist is 37 but the chart says 36 for sleeve and 40+ for the waist.  However someone above indicated this jacket tends to fit on the small side. :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: 

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 09:58:04 AM »

Hi,
I typically wear a XL and found that this jacket fits me real well.  You will like the tad bit of extra length in the arms because when you ride you have your arms up.  The waist is expandable and will fit you well if you have a size 37 waist like me.
Have a great day!
Brian

Brian, I have to go to my dealer today.  I will see if they have one and try it on.
thanks
Warren 

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 05:34:15 AM »

Thunder valley jacket is much smoother to wear than the last orange/black one i have bought 2 years ago.
And looks much better to my silver SERG
Greetings
ThomasK
Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
ThomasK

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 06:14:57 AM »

Thunder valley jacket is much smoother to wear than the last orange/black one i have bought 2 years ago.
And looks much better to my silver SERG
Greetings
ThomasK

Ok, now this is where I draw the line, No matching clothes, sounds like a goldwing crowd
RUN ETHEL
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 09:15:44 AM »

I have bought mine at www.lshd1.com and shipped it over tlo Fl
Thats a 20% reduction from MRSP. At the moment i am on vacation in Sarasota,that means no added local tax= Total
US Dollar 300.-
ThomasK

powercorp

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLSTFSE2 Or if you are short on time....FATBOY
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »

What ever happened to simple?

WHy does the stuff have to have decals on every arm, front, back,

Where did good looking classy apparel go?

I like the grey jacket, but on the MOCO website....the choices are obnoxious....

WORD,

EP

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »

What ever happened to simple?

WHy does the stuff have to have decals on every arm, front, back,

Where did good looking classy apparel go?

I like the grey jacket, but on the MOCO website....the choices are obnoxious....

WORD,

EP

YOU CANT SELL SIMPLE in todays world although MOCO is probably the only company in the world that could get away with it!

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 07:34:53 AM »

Yes, because some of us, like me, like that!
ThomasK
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 21 queries.