Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Riding Boots  (Read 15181 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Riding Boots
« on: September 17, 2006, 08:35:21 AM »

I have read many threads on different boots riders wear and never seem to find what I was looking for when searching. Noticed this section would be a good place to start a new thread where it would be easy to find. Sooooo, tell us about your hush puppies! ;D What kind do you wear and why? How much and where to get best buy? Thanks and God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Riding Boots
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 08:54:23 AM »

That's easy for me... work provides me with Red Wings (black with steel toe, and steel shank). Figured if they good enough for work, they good enough for riding. ;D I do own a pair of H-D Engineer boots which are great for riding, but they aren
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 10:20:15 AM »

Good question, I have a pair of CAT boots for work - steel toe mid height, great for riding lousy for walking, my favorites are my Rocky Persuader 8" ....http://www.copshoes.com/p-ROC2084.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 10:51:06 AM by ceej »
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 11:53:15 AM »

JR/Ceej...I'm pretty picky about my boots/shoes for comfort...I hike/backpack, ski, etc, so know the importance of properly fitting boots, and what a difference it can make in a day.

Having said that, I researched a lot before purchasing a pair of Cruiserworks boots for both me and Suzanne (aka..HarleyDiva).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 11:54:16 AM by tcnbham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »

Thanks TC! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I believe this is what I wanted to see. If memory serves me right, alot of people here have these. I believe the WE's and Magoo have em and love em. I have the Redwings and Cat boots for work and they are great in the mud and grease. I'm looking for a waterproof boot to keep my feet dry and look good too. I probably have spent enough money in cheaper boots that I could have gone and got a nice set of these cruisrworks! I believe I'm leaning in this direction, can anybody give me a push! ;D Thanks again bro, God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »

I also have the Cruiserwork boots. TC is right - great to walk around in. I had some Harley boots and felt like they had lead weights for soles, they just wore me out. The Cruiserworks are worth the money.

Bigdog

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 05:38:39 PM »

Yet another push, JR... Cruiserworks.  TC detailed 'em pretty good. All I can add is they ARE waterproof. I stood in the Nantahala river back in July, just for chits n giggles, and no leaks [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]. I can walk all day in them. I got the ones with the zipper side, had them two years, and still love 'em... They're the only boots I have.  
Under new ownership since I bought mine, but new owner says the quality will not change. They are good people to deal with.
Buy some Cruiserworks Coolmax socks, while yer at it.  

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 05:57:07 PM »

Thanks bigdog and Garz! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I pretty much have made up my mind, just trying to decide which boot. I currently have the older version of the HD trooper boot. Love em but they don't make em any more and they are not waterproof. I believe I will be going with the lace up commando or defender. I have experienced heel slippage when I wear boots so I feel for me the laces would be better.

Garz, I did already have my eye on them coolmax socks! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Price seemed right too! Thanks for your inputs God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

hogasm

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 07:38:39 PM »

Cruiserworks
Both my wife and  I have been wearing them for at least 4 years. My wife ordered hers on line. The first pair did not fit her correctly. She called customer service and they sent her another pair no problem. If you wear them out they will re sole them for you.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 08:30:17 PM »

Been wearing Red Wings for years but am thinking about a pair of Wesco's.  
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 11:16:37 PM »

JR...you can't go wrong with either of those choices.  Their socks are nice too and are what Diva wears almost all the time...feet don't sweat, as they wick the moisture away.  Personally, I wear Bridgedale light ski socks as they come up above my calves and won't slide down...also the midwieght ski socks for cooler weather.  The Bridgedales are also a bit pricey, but I've had some of their hiking socks for 4 years and still wear them.  The ski socks have extra padding in the important places...bottom of the toe box area, bottom of the heels, and on the chin. Also have extra elastic accross the instep and calf area. They also wick the moisture away.  A cotton sock is useless, in my opinion, trapping moisture against your foot and actually makes them feel hotter and also colder in cool weather because your feet put off a lot of moisture whether you're aware of it or not.  Diva didn't believe all that crap until she started doing it, and now she's a believer in my sock/boot suggestions.

The soles on the Cruiserworks really grip, so give you confidence in your footing.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 12:50:32 AM »

Am on my second pair of Cruiserworks that I feel are fantastic & as stated above totally waterproof!  They are very comfortable in all types of weather, I used to take a pair of tennis shoes with me on over night trips to give my feet a break but with these I dont need to.  Also, I had my first pair resoled by them for less then half the cost of a new pair so now I have a back up just in case!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 08:59:46 AM »

Got mine ordered and also threw in the socks and polish! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks everyone for the push! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 09:29:53 AM »

I wear the black army combat boot.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 04:44:24 PM »

JR/Ceej...I'm pretty picky about my boots/shoes for comfort...I hike/backpack, ski, etc, so know the importance of properly fitting boots, and what a difference it can make in a day.

Having said that, I researched a lot before purchasing a pair of Cruiserworks boots for both me and Suzanne (aka..HarleyDiva).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 04:45:26 PM by MJZ »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.