CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Metzeler 888 Pressures

<< < (2/6) > >>

SIKBIRD:
Well, I gotta ask…which high-end very durable tire does a tire designer use?

ric.sut32@gmail.com:
Depends on the vehicle. For high performance like my 2021 BMW F900R it is the Michelin Sport GP hands down! This tire will make you feel like someone injected you with Le Mans racing skills. For my 1984 BMW R100CS and my 1969 XLCH Sportster the Metzler 888 tube type tire. On my 2021 Harley Road King the Metzler ME888 Marathon Ultra. Michelin excels in modern sport Bikes and cars not vintage or Harley. My BMW Cars run Pilot Sport A/S4 on daily driver M Sport 530 and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my BMW M Sport 330. On my 1 Ton Pick-up the Michelin Michelin XPS Traction. It has a steel carcass that is bullet proof yet rides with sport comfort. My Girlfriend runs the Pilot Sport Cup 2 on her Porsche Cayman. The 4S and Cup 2 do not work below 42degs. F. Summer tires only but we live the Blueridge mountains of N.C. so they work year round.   Hope that helps with some ideas. 

SDCVO:

--- Quote from: ric.sut32@gmail.com on August 29, 2022, 07:11:49 PM ---Depends on the vehicle. For high performance like my 2021 BMW F900R it is the Michelin Sport GP hands down! This tire will make you feel like someone injected you with Le Mans racing skills. For my 1984 BMW R100CS and my 1969 XLCH Sportster the Metzler 888 tube type tire. On my 2021 Harley Road King the Metzler ME888 Marathon Ultra. Michelin excels in modern sport Bikes and cars not vintage or Harley. My BMW Cars run Pilot Sport A/S4 on daily driver M Sport 530 and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my BMW M Sport 330. On my 1 Ton Pick-up the Michelin Michelin XPS Traction. It has a steel carcass that is bullet proof yet rides with sport comfort. My Girlfriend runs the Pilot Sport Cup 2 on her Porsche Cayman. The 4S and Cup 2 do not work below 42degs. F. Summer tires only but we live the Blueridge mountains of N.C. so they work year round.   Hope that helps with some ideas.

--- End quote ---
Very helpful, thanks!

ric.sut32@gmail.com:
Glad to share. 

Landshark:
Great info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version