Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Anyone heard of the Elvis limited edition Harley  (Read 4468 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Anyone heard of the Elvis limited edition Harley
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:28:40 AM »

Take a look at this article. Never heard of this edition comming out by a dealer.

http://www.bikerenews.com/Stories/Article_20070506_001.html

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Anyone heard of the Elvis limited edition Harley
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:35:57 AM »

I think I saw one in San Diego  :nixweiss: It was gold with ostrich and alligator seat and saddle bags. I heard it went pretty good too. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 08:54:20 AM »

Thanks for posting, VaEagle.  I sent the link to several already.

Would not surprise me to see another Elvis edition at a later date, or an extended run beyond the original 30.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:03:21 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »

Bruce Rossmeyer, CEO of 12 Harley-Davidson locations around the country - including the world's largest dealership in Daytona, Florida, and the all-new Graceland Harley-Davidson - will unveil the new Elvis Presley Anniversary Bike Signature Series at Graceland on April 22nd.

mmmmmmm Hey BB, your friend is going to make another million in the next few months after this is done.  fat ba$tard!   :huepfenjump3:

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »

That Bike will go great with my "The Elvis Presley Taking care of Business Tribute Revolver" .357 S&W Magnum model 686, Just right for shootin' out televisions!

The Bike that won't ever be ridden can sit right next to my Gun that will never been fired  ;D

http://www.americaremembers.com

http://www.americaremembers.com/products/EPWTRE/EPWTRE.asp

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:19:36 AM by VAZHOG »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »

I think I saw one in San Diego  :nixweiss: It was gold with ostrich and alligator seat and saddle bags. I heard it went pretty good too. Later,Q

I have seen that on the internet, I'm sure its the "only" true Elvis bike in existance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:23:06 AM by Rjob749 »

Tros

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 10:21:58 AM »

That Bike will go great with my "The Elvis Presley Taking care of Business Tribute Revolver" .357 S&W Magnum model 686, Just right for shootin' out televisions!

The Bike that won't ever be ridden can sit right next to my Gun that will never been fired  ;D

http://www.americaremembers.com

http://www.americaremembers.com/products/EPWTRE/EPWTRE.asp

:D  :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 10:23:06 AM »

I have seen that on the internet, I'm sure its the only true Elvis bike in existance.
Roger,
I think you're on to something there. It's all dressed up and doesn't mine getting out and showing its stuff. :2vrolijk_21: You might say that it is a representative of a young Elvis when he was dancing and doing all the gyrations that made the women scream. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 10:24:59 AM »

Check out the dealership site, doesn't have chit on it yet and they opened in January.

http://www.gracelandharleydavidson.com/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:26:44 AM by Rjob749 »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »

I already heard from "she who sits on the passenger seat and sometimes sleeps" that a trip to Memphis in August may be in our future now.

I was @ Destination Daytona earlier today.  They had info on the E bikes & all.  Turned down 2 raffle opportunities to win a bike & a truck. 

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 02:56:04 PM »

I already heard from "she who sits on the passenger seat and sometimes sleeps" that a trip to Memphis in August may be in our future now.

I was @ Destination Daytona earlier today.  They had info on the E bikes & all.  Turned down 2 raffle opportunities to win a bike & a truck
Yeah, when I was there last weekend they almost chased me around the parking lot trying to sell me those damn raffle tickets.  Must be getting a commission or something...too aggressive for me.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 03:00:45 PM »

Yeah, when I was there last weekend they almost chased me around the parking lot trying to sell me those damn raffle tickets.  Must be getting a commission or something...too aggressive for me.

Heard you had a great trip.

I sensed when the gal said "hey babe" or "hiya honey" that she was more interested in my raffle purchasing potential than anything else. 

They had a lifesize Elvis cut out to help market the E bikes.  I hope Rossmeyer doesn't lose any money on this venture.  ??? ??? :pepper: :pepper:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 03:04:57 PM »

Bruce Rossmeyer, CEO of 12 Harley-Davidson locations around the country - including the world's largest dealership in Daytona, Florida, and the all-new Graceland Harley-Davidson - will unveil the new Elvis Presley Anniversary Bike Signature Series at Graceland on April 22nd.

mmmmmmm Hey BB, your friend is going to make another million in the next few months after this is done.  fat ba$tard!   :huepfenjump3:

Lets hope he does. I've got my Elvis Trade marked, I sue Fat Bastard for all he's worth, take over his dealerships, sell bikes and parts for 10% over cost and be everyone's hero

hmmmmmmmmmmmm   I gotta watch these noontime naps. Weird dreams

B B

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 04:03:25 PM »

VaEagle tanks for post

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 07:06:25 PM »

Is this a MoCo scooter or a Dealer made Elvis scooter  :nixweiss:

Just wonder if he is doing an in-house customization or it's from the MoCo

Be a huge difference in resale value, I would think

jeffj

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »

Is this a MoCo scooter or a Dealer made Elvis scooter  :nixweiss:

Just wonder if he is doing an in-house customization or it's from the MoCo

Be a huge difference in resale value, I would think

jeffj

Made by the dealer.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »

DAMN CANDY YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 08:32:18 PM »

Lets hope he does. I've got my Elvis Trade marked, I sue Fat Bastard for all he's worth, take over his dealerships, sell bikes and parts for 10% over cost and be everyone's hero
hmmmmmmmmmmmm   I gotta watch these noontime naps. Weird dreams
B B

B B, when you get the dealerships call me, I can assure you that your plan to sell at 10% over works this way:

How do you become a millionaire with 12 Harley stores selling parts at 10% over?  Start with more than a million.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 09:58:16 PM »

B B, when you get the dealerships call me, I can assure you that your plan to sell at 10% over works this way:

How do you become a millionaire with 12 Harley stores selling parts at 10% over?  Start with more than a million.

I ain't got no money now Roger and I'm happy. Dreamed of owning an H-D dealership since I was 12. So if I didn't have any money and owned the dealership, I'd be where I am now only happier.

B B

PS
     The 10% is over cost. Cost in my world includes what it cost to put it on the shelf including building the shelf and the building the shelf is in and paying the utilities for the building the shelf is in and paying the guy to put it on the shelf. I've said before Rog you must have missed that post. My mother didn't raise no fools for sons.

patrickt

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 10:06:22 PM »

They don't state what they are doing with bike #30.  Harley museum?

Patrick

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 06:20:15 AM »

Did they say what they are doing with #1?  I thought that one might be scheduled for the museum.   :nixweiss:

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 07:26:30 AM »

Did they say what they are doing with #1?  I thought that one might be scheduled for the museum.   :nixweiss:
Article said, "Motorcycle 'No. 1' will be offered for sale for $100,000 and $40,000 will be donated to the American Diabetes Association."

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 11:05:05 AM »

Good one Nancy, I missed that.  And what a wonderful charity to donate that 40,000 to.  I gotta say, that HD might be bad at some stuff, but they are fantastic at raising money for charities, especially ADA.   :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 03:33:59 PM »

Graceland Harley Davidson is nothing more than a t-shirt shop across the street from Graceland, near Elvis' planes.  It is owned by a nearby dealership across the state line, in Mississippi.  We went to both, a couple months ago.

Elvis #1 going for $100k is probably going to Jay Leno.  You know that he has Harley F-150 truck #1, also, in his collection.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 03:55:33 PM »

Graceland Harley Davidson is nothing more than a t-shirt shop across the street from Graceland, near Elvis' planes.  It is owned by a nearby dealership across the state line, in Mississippi.  We went to both, a couple months ago.

Elvis #1 going for $100k is probably going to Jay Leno.  You know that he has Harley F-150 truck #1, also, in his collection.

No offense JCZ, but I seriously doubt a collector of Jay Leno's calebre would be sucked in by a Bruce Rossmeyer " exclusive " This bike isn't gonna be worth jack chit down the road because it's a modifed H-D without it's own OEM VIN. It'd be different if Elvis were alive and was in on it and H-D themselves were behind it, but this is no different in my view than my 03 SERK " Elvis " Just cause it's got a lot of cool stuff and I call it Elvis doesn't make it collector bike. Neither Bruce Rossmeyer nor I are Elvis or Priscilla or Lisa Marie, so everything else is just licensing and marketing BS.

I could be wrong though. I was shocked that Leno had anything to do with the OCC clan, but that was probably something his producer cooked up.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 03:57:52 PM »

Nostalgia is a great thing - just hope they don't come with the problems from the period

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »

Spiderman - your spot on with those comments, unfortunately I reckon some mug will get roped in to buy it.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 08:34:27 PM »

Spiderman - your spot on with those comments, unfortunately I reckon some mug will get roped in to buy it.

Yupper! all it takes is a fool and his money. Thanks PT Barnum!! :2vrolijk_21:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 09:27:36 AM »

Amost 60,000 for it, well I'm sure that they will sell.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

Amost 60,000 for it, well I'm sure that they will sell.

Why ? Do you really think Fat Bastard is gonna do that much. I'll bet he takes a stock Softail Deluxe and adds fringed leather bags, a solo seat with a chrome seat rail, paint won't be much beyond stock, and a few bolt-on H-D accessories. Guarantee they won't do anything to the motor. Maybe fishtail mufflers or the old style panhead pipes. He'll put a number plate on it somewhere that says x of 30 and give you a certificate attesting to the fact. Is the MoCo behind this? When you run the VIN will it say it's a CVO  ?  NO to both.

Give me $60k and a starting point of any stock H-D and I'll bet you'd end up with a way better motorcycle. I mean I'd have $40k to customize the damn thing. $5k for paint, $6k for chrome,$4k for wheels and tires, $6k for the motor, $8k for custom leather seat and bags, $6k for labor and and $5k in my pocket and I know it'd look better than anything Fat Bastard comes up with.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »

Why ? Do you really think Fat Bastard is gonna do that much. I'll bet he takes a stock Softail Deluxe and adds fringed leather bags, a solo seat with a chrome seat rail, paint won't be much beyond stock, and a few bolt-on H-D accessories. Guarantee they won't do anything to the motor. Maybe fishtail mufflers or the old style panhead pipes. He'll put a number plate on it somewhere that says x of 30 and give you a certificate attesting to the fact. Is the MoCo behind this? When you run the VIN will it say it's a CVO  ?  NO to both.

Give me $60k and a starting point of any stock H-D and I'll bet you'd end up with a way better motorcycle. I mean I'd have $40k to customize the damn thing. $5k for paint, $6k for chrome,$4k for wheels and tires, $6k for the motor, $8k for custom leather seat and bags, $6k for labor and and $5k in my pocket and I know it'd look better than anything Fat Bastard comes up with.

No argument from me on any of that, BB.

Some morons will walk in Bumpus, look at the Elvis paint and some stuffed hound dog on the bats, their sweeties will say, oh my! and they will shell out the dough and go brag to their friends about their 'custom.'  Completely ridiculous and figure they will be at LEAST $10k over priced.

Maybe some day one of them will post here.  As a newbie.   heh heh

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 08:22:53 PM »

No argument from me on any of that, BB.

Some morons will walk in Bumpus, look at the Elvis paint and some stuffed hound dog on the bats, their sweeties will say, oh my! and they will shell out the dough and go brag to their friends about their 'custom.'  Completely ridiculous and figure they will be at LEAST $10k over priced.

Maybe some day one of them will post here.  As a newbie.   heh heh

Well if they do, we have to be nice to them for 50 posts like we were to you  8)

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 09:26:49 AM »

Well if they do, we have to be nice to them for 50 posts like we were to you  8)

B B
[/quote

Nostalgic already for the good old days.

;)

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 21 queries.