Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Michael Waltrip involved in wreck with motorcycle, .06 BAC  (Read 5724 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Michael Waltrip involved in wreck with motorcycle, .06 BAC
« on: October 24, 2009, 03:06:55 PM »

Apparently, his driving sucks on the street, too.  Just ran across this NASCAR.com:

Sprint Cup driver Michael Waltrip was involved in a crash with a motorcyle Wednesday evening. He passed sobriety tests, writes Greg Engle of the NASCAR Examiner.

Waltrip was attempting a U-turn around 7:49 p.m. ET when his Lexus collided with a Harley Davidson motorcycle, according to a Mooresville, N.C., police report. The motorcyclist was transported to Lake Norman Regional Center.

Waltrip was given a field sobriety test, according to the police report. Waltrip passed the field sobriety test at the scene, and was later given a Breathalyzer that registered a .06, under the North Carolina legal limit of .08, the report states.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Michael Waltrip involved in wreck with motorcycle, .06 BAC
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 03:15:53 PM »

Apparently, his driving sucks on the street, too.  Just ran across this NASCAR.com:

Sprint Cup driver Michael Waltrip was involved in a crash with a motorcyle Wednesday evening. He passed sobriety tests, writes Greg Engle of the NASCAR Examiner.

Waltrip was attempting a U-turn around 7:49 p.m. ET when his Lexus collided with a Harley Davidson motorcycle, according to a Mooresville, N.C., police report. The motorcyclist was transported to Lake Norman Regional Center.

Waltrip was given a field sobriety test, according to the police report. Waltrip passed the field sobriety test at the scene, and was later given a Breathalyzer that registered a .06, under the North Carolina legal limit of .08, the report states.

Would like to know if he did a sudden U-ee across lanes and cut off the bike or just what happened.  Also have to wonder how long after the accident it was he blow the .06.

kurtlange

• Full CVO Member
  • chrome me
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

more here-- http://tinyurl.com/yjaveev

Police say Waltrip was leaving the parking lot of a shopping center and when he pulled out, he attempted to do a U-turn around a cement median. Waltrip pulled out just an as on-coming motorcyclist was approaching. The motorcyclist, identified by police as Ronald Hausman of Mooresville, slammed into the driver’s side door or Waltrip’s Lexus.

The police report on the accident says Waltrip “was suspected of being under the influence of alcohol.” He was given a field sobriety test and passed a “walk and turn” test and a “one leg stand” test.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »

So he did pull out in front of the bike.  Presumably in a well lit area since he was leaving a shopping center.  And booze was at least a factor.  Couple years ago when he wrecked something I remember cops couldn't even find him until the next day.  Plenty of time for the booze to be out of his system.

He's proof that a couple of lucky Sundays at Daytona is enough to build a career on.  Almost makes you feel sorry for Toyota.  Fortunately they chose better for their next team.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 04:17:14 PM by Twolanerider »

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 04:04:29 PM »

Would like to know if he did a sudden U-ee across lanes and cut off the bike or just what happened.  Also have to wonder how long after the accident it was he blow the .06.

There is a video in this news link...

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-102209-al-michael_waltrip.23fd0e813.html#

The officer states Waltrip was given a "field" blow test..

I wonder if Waltrip realizes he was .02 and a bad bounce by the motorcyclist from being in Billy Lane territory?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »

Another Holloywood asshole, that belongs in jail for hitting a biker after he'd been drinking, that will prolly walk!!! FMW!!! May he rot in jail!!! >:( >:( >:(

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »

He wrecked his car about a year ago and apparently had had a few and left the scene

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 11:51:50 PM »

So this happened in NC, a state that is very big into NASCAR (as am I ), I can't help  but wonder if maybe the blood alcohol level may have "slid" down a little from reality. 

Another 2-bit turd will probably injure a rider, pay his medical bills, and walk away with some kind of "community service" sentence.  Sometimes it just ain't fair...

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 01:25:22 AM »

He is a lucky dude. He has been involved with quite a few accidents. One occasion he rolled his Land Cruiser a few blocks from home. He walked home and hid out in his pool house in his back yard. A witness said he was intoxicated, cops came over to talk with him and of course he didn't answer the door cause he was hiding out. He gave a blood test the following day..  he didn't register any alcoholl 10 hours later. Luck bastard.  :confused5: :confused5:

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 02:12:55 AM »

I guess at some point he will kill someone and maybe then they will do something with him. What a F&#king a$$ hole.  :oops:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 09:25:48 AM »

So this happened in NC, a state that is very big into NASCAR (as am I ), I can't help  but wonder if maybe the blood alcohol level may have "slid" down a little from reality. 

Another 2-bit turd will probably injure a rider, pay his medical bills, and walk away with some kind of "community service" sentence.  Sometimes it just ain't fair...

Bill
I'm sorry to say I was thinking the same thing. Who knows season tickets down on pit lane for the 2 points off on the breath test. I hope the biker ahs a good lawer and suse the balls off that chithead!!!!

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »

He just did another U-turn at Martinsville. ::)  Good thing no M/C riders were on the track! :o

Harleyrider_49

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

I'm with Hoist on this one

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »

Damn I used to feel sorry for him at the track.  It appears he and Jeremy Mayfield may be good friends.  I agree that being a local they lowered his blood alcohol level so he did not get a DUI.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 12:03:01 AM »

You guys are cruel no chance it was a accident you think ,Waltrip has Harleys and rides a lot hes not a motorcycle hater.

Randy
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Wanna ride

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »

Instead of just complaining about it, let's do something. Everyone on here write Nascar and complain about his history of this behavior. Then send copies of those letters to his sponsors, and then to the NC State Police Department, then to his home/work address. Then tell everyone we know through other motorcycle forums to do the same.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 24 queries.