Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 23892 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Heated clothing preference
« on: September 30, 2008, 04:04:38 PM »

Getting ready to make a heated clothing purchase and have read most of the threads. Just interested in quickly polling those of you who have used these products for a while.

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:19:17 PM »

The HD version is from Gerbing with an HD logo.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »

Thanks dereck, I didn't know that. That's what's so great about this forum. Do you know, are the plugs and accessories compatible as well?

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »

Thanks dereck, I didn't know that. That's what's so great about this forum. Do you know, are the plugs and accessories compatible as well?
  Yes they are the same.. You can usually get 10 or 20 % off on sale days from Harley . I could not find any discounts on Gerbing.   Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Sean M Cary

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:45:29 AM »

Getting ready to make a heated clothing purchase and have read most of the threads. Just interested in quickly polling those of you who have used these products for a while.

I just received my Exo Stormrider jacket...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/heated-vest/exo-storm-rider/

It only has a heated panel across the back/kidneys and warmer pockets.  Wore it under a sweatshirt the other night in the low 50's and I was good to go.

Will see how it goes when it gets colder.

Sean

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »

Been using Gerbing for 3 seasons. The G3 gloves are excellent if you don't have heated grips. I have only used the pants 2 times when it was in the mid 30's, use the liner jacket under leathers with a Under Armor medium or heavy weight top frequently, never uncomfortable since. Excellent service and waranty. I needed a plug and they sent it no charge. Definately recommend getting the BMW sockets and mount them permanently of you are going to use the system more than 2 -3 times a season. Couple of threads to check
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=20705.0

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=401433;topic=8252.0;num_replies=69;sesc=e3b42818ad103b370aac192bdea246c0

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Sean M Cary

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 01:06:20 PM »

Been using Gerbing for 3 seasons. The G3 gloves are excellent if you don't have heated grips. I have only used the pants 2 times when it was in the mid 30's, use the liner jacket under leathers with a Under Armor medium or heavy weight top frequently, never uncomfortable since. Excellent service and waranty. I needed a plug and they sent it no charge. Definately recommend getting the BMW sockets and mount them permanently of you are going to use the system more than 2 -3 times a season. Couple of threads to check

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=401433;topic=8252.0;num_replies=69;sesc=e3b42818ad103b370aac192bdea246c0

As a heads up to any military folks - they (gerbing) offer active duty folks a 15% discount.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 06:44:32 AM »

I have to check who made mine(company out Manitoba Canada). I've had their jacket liner for 3 years & man is it toasty. Actually too warm whereby I have to use the thermostat to keep the heat down. Heated collar is great . Very even heat everywhere on the liner. THE MUFFMAN
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:56:58 AM by Muffman »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »

Yes they are the same.. You can usually get 10 or 20 % off on sale days from Harley . I could not find any discounts on Gerbing.   Billy

One side consideration though.  Though the same garments the warranty is different.  I think it's 90 days on the electrics from Harley.  It's forever on electrical failure from Gerbing.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »

The BMW type sockets are very convenient.  A company called Powerlet ( www.powerletproducts.com ) makes bracket and socket kits to mount a hard-mount.  Have that on both the SEEG and the SERG.  The same single socket gets used for heated clothing, battery tender, occasionally for chargers too; just very very convenient and much better than a dangling tender cord.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 09:57:51 PM »

One side consideration though.  Though the same garments the warranty is different.  I think it's 90 days on the electrics from Harley.  It's forever on electrical failure from Gerbing.
I believe that Gerbing will warranty the Harley for ever also. that is what I was told 2 yrs ago. But could have changed .     Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »

I doubt I will ever consider buying any heated gear from any manufacturer other than Gerbing. This is due to their customer service, I have had two issues and they jumped through hoops to make sure I was satisfied. I really don't think I've ever dealt with a better customer service department, they are the best. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 11:45:38 PM »

I believe that Gerbing will warranty the Harley for ever also. that is what I was told 2 yrs ago. But could have changed .     Billy

Has anyone ever called to verify that? Who's gonna step up to the plate and make a call?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 12:32:57 AM »

Has anyone ever called to verify that? Who's gonna step up to the plate and make a call?

This is only anecdotal.  Not at all confirmed.  But a clerk at the local dealership told me that Harley branded stuff only carried Harley's warranty.  Think that was 90 days.  Doesn't mean that Gerbing might not offer some service purely for the consumer satisfaction.  At least according to the one clerk they're under no obligation to do so though.

I'll call the local shop tomorrow and ask again.  See if the same answer is given.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 12:53:34 AM »

The BMW type sockets are very convenient.  A company called Powerlet ( www.powerletproducts.com ) makes bracket and socket kits to mount a hard-mount.  Have that on both the SEEG and the SERG.  The same single socket gets used for heated clothing, battery tender, occasionally for chargers too; just very very convenient and much better than a dangling tender cord.

Powerlet makes GREAT heated clothing too. I bought a jacket liner last year and like it a lot. I had a Widder vest, but it was time for a replacment as I had worn the collar thread bare from all my head turns. The only thing I did NOT like about Gerbing/HD was that I found it to be a bit too bulky under my leather jackets. The Powerlet stuff fits snug, but is not restrictive. It also packs up pretty compact for travel.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.