Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Latest info on upgrade's?  (Read 1665 times)

07FLHTCU

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide
    • Fast Cash Pawnbrokers
Latest info on upgrade's?
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:16:30 AM »

Hello,

I have a completely stock 2011 CVO Road Glide. The only thing I really want to change right now is whatever I need to get it to run cooler if possible. In other words, repair all the damage done by the EPA. My power is actually very good right now. I won't complain about increased power, especially low-end grunt power. So I'm wondering what the latest and greatest is to get it running richer and therefore cooler. I haven't done anything since I built my '07 using Zippers 103 muscle kit. So I'm kind of out-of-the-loop. I'm hoping not to get into the motor since the 110 has plenty of power for my mostly geezer riding style these days. So what's the best idea for now? Tuner? Exhaust? How to get rid of the cats? Is that a good idea? The stock a/c seems pretty good. Correct?

Basically, I don't care about comparing bang for the buck. I just want to do what's the best thing available.

Thanks,

Dave. 
2011 Road Glide CVO

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
Re: Latest info on upgrade's?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:14:36 AM »

Fullsac Stage 1 Kit TTS Master Tune with 2" cores.Much Cooler Running Bike after that install
DND

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 07:39:07 AM »

Fullsac Stage 1 Kit TTS Master Tune with 2" cores.Much Cooler Running Bike after that install

X2

YELLOWBIRD
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »

X3  :2vrolijk_21:
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

07FLHTCU

• Fast Cash Pawnbrokers
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »

Thanks for the reply's and info. One question. Is it really necessary to change the cores? Or can I leave the mufflers stock? For once, I've had the stock mufflers on long enough for them to start "burning in" and getting louder. And they sound pretty good. And why all the extra work cutting out the old core and installing the new one? Why not just install new mufflers?

Thanks again.

No other opinions/options? I have to say, the dyno sheet on their website looks impressive. Especially the low-end torque gain. And that's what I like the most.
2011 Road Glide CVO

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:42:43 AM »

Thanks for the reply's and info. One question. Is it really necessary to change the cores? Or can I leave the mufflers stock? For once, I've had the stock mufflers on long enough for them to start "burning in" and getting louder. And they sound pretty good. And why all the extra work cutting out the old core and installing the new one? Why not just install new mufflers?

Thanks again.

No other opinions/options? I have to say, the dyno sheet on their website looks impressive. Especially the low-end torque gain. And that's what I like the most.

I've been thinking about de-cated headers and the stock mufflers also. I think that I'm going to try it. I like the look of the stock mufflers and since the cats kill sound too, I'd like to hear what it sounds like with the cats out of the equation. I did notice that I could see some light when looking through the stockers when I took them off so maybe they will sound ok?
RETIRED! :fireman:

07FLHTCU

• Fast Cash Pawnbrokers
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »

I'm thinking the sound may be "just right" with the Fullsac stage 1 minus the core's. I just want to make sure that the back-pressure is ok also. I can't imagine it's that much different, but?
2011 Road Glide CVO

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »

I wouldn't de-cat the headpipes.  Get the Fullsac instead.  You can leave the stock mufflers on if you want to try it that way, you're going to want to run a couple of TTS v-tune sessions anyway no matter what you do.  You can always change out the cores later if you don't like the pffft of the stock mufflers with that setup.

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 01:52:54 AM »

I have the same model; I have the Fullsac pipe (much easier than trying to cut up your OEM pipe), and added Rinehart 4" mufflers (for the same reason).  I had the HD SEPST tuner installed as well (I was thinking of going with the T-max, but my dealer--and I assume a good percentage of other HD shops--can diagnose any issues I might have in the future).  Cost for these three upgrades, including labor and dyno, ran about $1,800.  I had additional engine work done, but I think this combination, with your original air cleaner, should be good enough to reduce the heat and un-EPA your ride. 

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »

I'm thinking the sound may be "just right" with the Fullsac stage 1 minus the core's. I just want to make sure that the back-pressure is ok also. I can't imagine it's that much different, but?
07, just let Steve know at Fullsac that you are keeping the OEM cans and he will send your the right map for the TTS. Ain't nothing wrong with the OEM cans, I changed coz I wanted a lil more burp out of the exhaust and it does open it up a bit.
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

07FLHTCU

• Fast Cash Pawnbrokers
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:10:30 PM »

OK. I left a message at Fullsac and they called me back today. They are running a 6 week waiting list right now. I was told that when production goes into full gear, that time may go a whole lot faster. So I'm on the list to be called. I asked about using the stock mufflers and was told definitly not to. Either go with their core or any aftermarket muffler. They said that the stock mufflers are very restrictive even on the CVO's. They do not have a tune for the stock muffler. It's too restrictive they said. I was also told that the tune they use for their cores will work fine with any aftermarket muffler since they all flow about the same. It's just a matter of picking the sound you want.

Thanks,

Dave.
2011 Road Glide CVO

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »

OK. I left a message at Fullsac and they called me back today. They are running a 6 week waiting list right now. I was told that when production goes into full gear, that time may go a whole lot faster. So I'm on the list to be called. I asked about using the stock mufflers and was told definitly not to. Either go with their core or any aftermarket muffler. They said that the stock mufflers are very restrictive even on the CVO's. They do not have a tune for the stock muffler. It's too restrictive they said. I was also told that the tune they use for their cores will work fine with any aftermarket muffler since they all flow about the same. It's just a matter of picking the sound you want.

Thanks,

Dave.

Thanks for the updaye Dave...well worth the wait if you can.  8)
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.