Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Hello from Ohio  (Read 7514 times)

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
Hello from Ohio
« on: March 02, 2007, 12:39:16 AM »

Hi,
I found this site while doing a little research. I'm getting ready to trade my '05 VRSCSE for a '07 FXDSE. I wanted to look into any issues current owners may have and find out if I'm making a good move. So far, people seem to be civil and willing to share knowledge in the posts I've read. I like that. I guess the main thing I'm concerned with is going from water-cooled to a big 110 air-cooled. It gets kinda hot around here in summer, and I don't want to ruin a CVO, or any bike for that matter.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hello from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 01:42:52 AM »

Hi,
I found this site while doing a little research. I'm getting ready to trade my '05 VRSCSE for a '07 FXDSE. I wanted to look into any issues current owners may have and find out if I'm making a good move. So far, people seem to be civil and willing to share knowledge in the posts I've read. I like that. I guess the main thing I'm concerned with is going from water-cooled to a big 110 air-cooled. It gets kinda hot around here in summer, and I don't want to ruin a CVO, or any bike for that matter.

Hey DS, welcome aboard. Basically, you need to set the engine up properly. ECM Mod, good free flowing exhaust and K&N P/N HD-0800 and you'll be fine. Beyond that, the sky's the limit! The SE Dyna is a sweet looking bike. Re your other post, I think that is MSRP. Best of luck with it and enjoy the site! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 01:51:45 AM »

Welcome aboard!  This is a very civil site (except for Hoist! whom you've already heard from  ;D). I'm lovin' my 110. Plenty of power once you tweak it. Where in Ohio? I know nothing of you state, just curious.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 02:05:35 AM »

Welcome DynaSoar  to CVO. Dont worry about the heat thing, just plan to modify the bike to bring it back from the epa's forced design and enjoy the twilight years of the american classic with a 110".  A better way to think it is to get the sound right and by doing so the heat thing is just a benefit.  the air filter and computer also just makes the machine make you smile and know your ridin  the  Screamin Eagle.  Ride safe and spend it....we only go around once :2vrolijk_21:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 02:33:15 AM »

After reading several more posts, I'm thinking maybe I won't get the Dyna tomorrow. I'm scared that'll I'll overheat and screw something up. My dealership specifically told me on my VRSCSE that ANY mod, other than chrome trinkets, will void my warranty. So pipes and a tuner on new Dyna are out of the question.

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 02:38:06 AM »

Good morning Dynasoar,

I send you the   :welcome_005:  from FRANCE.

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 02:38:55 AM »

After reading several more posts, I'm thinking maybe I won't get the Dyna tomorrow. I'm scared that'll I'll overheat and screw something up. My dealership specifically told me on my VRSCSE that ANY mod, other than chrome trinkets, will void my warranty. So pipes and a tuner on new Dyna are out of the question.

Sorry to hear it, but sorry to say, you're going to the wrong dealer. If they'll install their parts to make your bike run great, and void your w.....ty at the same time, you're at the wrong dealer! There'll be plenty of guys answering you on this in the morning. These bikes are fine. Some of the dealers aren't! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 02:39:30 AM »

Go to a different dealer . Or ask and they should agree that they will cover the warrentee . This is a very routine thought process . The rod might have been a different animal  to them. :nixweiss:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Bagger

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 06:32:29 AM »

Hello and welcome to CVO Harley.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 08:12:35 AM »

Dyna,
You need to find another dealer...first off, they have to prove that the mods caused the failure, if there is one, not you.  Second, that's a normal mod done by just about every HD dealer.  With the exception of California, where their CARB requirements are so stringent, I don't personally know of a dealer that won't do the mods.  My dealer guaranteed me, that as long as they did the mods, they would honor the warranty.  Find a dealer that feels the same way...is this dealership you're looking at a relatively new one??  My dealer looked at me like "what are you stupid?, Of course we'll honor the warranty!!"  They told me that 85% of their new motorcycles leave the dealership with new exhaust systems on them....Don't shy away from getting the Dyna because of one dealership....they're great bikes.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 08:15:55 AM »

Welcome to the CVO site

I don't think the heat issue is going to fry a Dyna in Ohio but there will be some cases where it might...IMHO
Let's see if you only ride your SE Dyna in Parades and its stop and go...well maybe it would....IMHO
Not sure about your dealers attitude on Mods, thinking I wouldn't be a very loyal customers of that establishment for long.....IMHO

If your happy with the  VRSCSE  keep it, as the MoCo and local dealers really need to sale these models in a worse way
I go to a lot of H-D shops and I always see the VRSCSE for months/year and see very few of any of the other Screaming Eagles on the floor

Enjoy your ride and have fun

jeffj

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 08:46:05 AM »

Your dealer is a bum! They do the work, should not void any warranty. I'm sure Ohio has more dealers.

I'm diggin the @$%! out of my 110.

BTW, Welcome and let us know how things turn out.  :2vrolijk_21:

Ron
Ron

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 08:57:31 AM »

Hello dyna; You may want to check out another dealer before making your decision. I believe he is steering you wrong. These are great bikes and you should be able to make a few mods without voiding your warranty. Good luck with your decision. :2vrolijk_21:
WOODY

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 09:16:10 AM »

I can always find another dealer. I'm STILL worried about the heat issue. I may not be able to get pipes and a SERT for some time. I like the V&H big radius, and I hear that the SERT is the best tuner. But, I'll ask those questions in the proper areas of the forum. Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »

Welcome DynaSoar,

I hope you get all of the answers you are looking for.  All I can add is, don't let a bad dealer, keep you from the bike you want.  Those dynas are beautiful bikes, it would be a shame to miss out on having one over something you can get fixed.

Ride Safe,
Ghost
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.