Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Hello from NW Chicago!  (Read 6098 times)

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
Re: Hello from NW Chicago!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »

Sorry guys, but the pics of my bike will have to wait.  The bike is back at the dealer for the following:

1) Fairing Oil Temp gauge doesn't read any temp.  Gauge also has annoying red glow at night along left edge of gauge face.  Seems as if the gauge face not properly seated.  Before the install, I suggested that the sending unit be installed in the oil pan (per your previous threads), but the dealer apparently installed it upstream of the oil cooler.

2) Excessive exhaust popping during decelleration.

3) Yellow discoloration on brand new right-side V&H Oval Slip-On.  Apparent when they rolled the bike out of the shop.  Must have yellowed during the dyno run.

Bike seems to be running hotter (and leaner) after installing Stage 1 AC, V&H Slip-Ons, and PCIII.  Could be my imagination.  Would help to have a working oil temp gauge.  I don't like the dipstick design since I had one stolen off my previous bike.

Anyway, I meet with the GM, Service Mgr, and Tech tommorrow to discuss the issues.  I'll keep you posted with the outcome.

Rick

Not good. Hope nothing serious...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »

Very nice and greetings...

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:12:22 AM »

Hello Rick -

Good to see another local rider here at the CVO board......Welcome!!
The ice and salt are cleaned off the streets finally here in the Chicagoland area.....time to put some miles on the new bike!

See you on the streets,
Dan

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 10:20:31 AM »

Rick welcome aboard from Germany :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:34:58 AM by dogols »

hogwander

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 10:43:29 AM »

Welcome from Texas! Enjoy the site.
5 P's = Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »

Rick,
Welcome to the site we are glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: Hope you get your issues resolved with dealer and back in the wind as soon as possible.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2007, 12:51:36 AM »

Well Guys, I picked my bike up yesterday from the dealer.  They remapped the PC III on the dyno, so now the decelleration popping is nearly non-existent.  It's my understanding that it cannot be totally eliminated with the V&H Slip-ons.  The bike definitely now has some scoot.  Before the Stage I AC, PC III, and V&H Slip-ons, the max numbers were 88.89 hp/105.91 tq.  They are now 94.05 hp/111.23 tq.  I'm very happy with the sound of the V&H mufflers.  All business, but not too loud.  As far as the Oil temperature fairing gauge is concerned, unless the temp probe is installed in the oil pan, the readings are grossly unreliable, making the gauge a very expensive ornament. 

I installed the bluetooth module last night.  I initially considered installing it in the fairing, but decided to install it in the tour pack per HD's instructions. The Harley Tech Rep that I talked to on Wed warned against installing it in the fairing due to concerns about the unit's inability to handle any moisture.  He claimed that fairings aren't watertight, so I would be rolling the dice with a fairing install.

The installation itself was fairly uneventful, until it came time to insert the 2 wire pins from the 6' bluetooth overlay harness into the AMP 35-pin Multilock Connector which plugs into the back of the HK radio.  The instructions state "Refer to  AMP 35-pin Multilock Connector pin installation in the Service Manual".  Well, guess what folks....there is no such reference in either the Touring service manual or the CUSE supplement.  After about an hour of head-scratching, I finally broke the code.  If you have no experience (like me) with this type of connector, I'd recommend you have someone at the your Dealer's parts or service dept show you how to unlock the connector to install pins.

The bluetooth works like a charm.  When pairing the cell phone to the HK bluetooth, it's important to ensure your headset/boom mike is connnected to the tank console comm receptacle.  Otherwise, paring will not occur. I paired it with two Verizon Motorola phones...My Razor and my wife's E815.

Hope this info helps someone,

Rick

P. S. Wx permitting, I try to take some pics of the bike tommorrow in the daylight.     
'20 FLHTKSE

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2007, 12:56:13 AM »

UAL, did the phonebook of the E815 show on the screen? or did they just pair w/ no downloadable info??? TIA

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 01:06:59 AM »

UAL.   I personally dont agree with the harley rep's thoughts on the water intrusion vs  BT's  ability to react with the water.  the HK and  CB and XM  modules are all in the faring and are assembled exactly as the BT is.  In manual  99497-07 (Electrical Diagonostic Manual)  on page 7-8 thru 7-12  every thing a guy could wanna know about the multilock connector is  shown.  I was glad i found that info when doing mine thus made me feel justified in the cost of the book.  Sounds like perserverence and patience  paid off for ya.  Congrats on a job well done :2vrolijk_21:b
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 01:35:42 AM »

Hard 10, the phone books from both Razor and the E815 downloaded automatically.  I used to have an E815, and loved it.  Much better than the Razor, IMHO.  Lost it at the Denver Airport a few months back. To bad it's discontinued.

Jester, I'm inclined to agree with you, but on the outside chance that the tech rep might be rarely correct, I didn't want to risk it.  My favorite wrench at the dealer did suggest installing a plastic flap inside the fairing (attaching it inside the fairing just below the windshield) but I didn't know if that would generate additional heat and/or trap moisture.  When I installed it in the tour pack, I found that it wasn't necessary to cut a space in the tour pack liner, since it is pre-molded for the module which fit quite nicely. 

This bluetooth will hopefully add 3-5 additional riding days per month for me.  On previous days where I have been 'on-call' (even with a 4 hr report time), I was unable to go for a ride.  Now I will be able to as long as I can remain within about 1 hr of the house.  This will definitely improve my quality-of-life!

Rick       
'20 FLHTKSE

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 01:53:28 AM »

UAL    Very cool on the increase ride time now with the "connection"  ability.  The inside of the fairing is as scary as behind the dash  of your Boeing  i bet!!    heres a pic :nervous:
Gene    Welcome to CVO   if I forgot :2vrolijk_21:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Bagger

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 10:33:38 PM »

Hello, and welcome to CVO Harley.

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 12:04:18 AM »

Thanks guys, for all the warm welcomes!  I've attached a pic of my bike.  It's from my cell phone camera, so the resolution is not the best.  I'll post some others soon with a digital camera.

Rick
'20 FLHTKSE

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 04:43:08 PM »

Hello and a very warm welcome to the site.  Great choice of bike.

Cheers and ride safe, CVOMOE :bananarock:
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 08:33:38 PM »

Glad to here you got things worked out :2vrolijk_21: Nice #s
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.