Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New in New Hampshire  (Read 4599 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: New in New Hampshire
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 09:20:06 AM »

Congrats on getting your new CVO bike and a Great Big CVO Welcome to you to this site.  :cherry:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »

Welcome bc.  Enjoy the site!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 10:02:43 PM »

Welcome brother, glad you joined us.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »

Having ridden a Softail for the last 6 years and demoed any number of Dynas, I think the Dynas have a lot more vibration than the B engines, at least until you get beyond 75 or so.  The vibration is notchier, too, heavy in certain RPM ranges.  It must be the Dyna frame.  The baggers don't seem to have the same level of vibration.

It was a combination of factors, though.  I really, really like the SE Dyna's styling, but thought the rear would have a more compliant ride (vs. the Softail) - but it didn't.  The one thing I never liked about my Deuce was that it had too much front-end dive.  The Springer is a little better in that regard.  (I have to admit the forks on the SE Dyna are pretty nice, though.)  Last, the Springer fit me better out of the crate (5'10").  A reach seat would fix most of that, but still leave a bit 'o stretch in the upper shoulders that I'd rather not have. 

bc

Thanks for your answer bc. It's funny how people perceive the feel of different bikes. I guess it's what you're used to. I went to a HD Open House and test rode a Softail with B motor. I felt my '85 solid-mount 4-speed Evo Wide Glide had less vibration than that new Softail! As long as you're happy with. That's all that matters. It got me curious is all. Good luck with it and have fun bc! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 09:14:41 AM »

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.  :2vrolijk_21:
WOODY

Tros

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 10:49:16 PM »

Having ridden a Softail for the last 6 years and demoed any number of Dynas, I think the Dynas have a lot more vibration than the B engines, at least until you get beyond 75 or so.  The vibration is notchier, too, heavy in certain RPM ranges.  It must be the Dyna frame.  The baggers don't seem to have the same level of vibration.

It was a combination of factors, though.  I really, really like the SE Dyna's styling, but thought the rear would have a more compliant ride (vs. the Softail) - but it didn't.  The one thing I never liked about my Deuce was that it had too much front-end dive.  The Springer is a little better in that regard.  (I have to admit the forks on the SE Dyna are pretty nice, though.)  Last, the Springer fit me better out of the crate (5'10").  A reach seat would fix most of that, but still leave a bit 'o stretch in the upper shoulders that I'd rather not have. 

bc

I couldn't agree more and welcome from Indiana!  Good to see another Springer rider join.  Sounds like you did well on the trade.  :2vrolijk_21: 

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:11 AM »

bc welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »

Welcome to the site...I hope to be riding to your area in July.

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 02:11:22 AM »

Just saying hello and thanks - been reading a LOT on 110 issues and upgrades.  This board's been great in pointing me to various sites for a fast education on EFI, as well as offering lots of individual, unique perspective!

I'm picking up my blue '07 SE Springer next week, trading in my '01 Deuce.  Good deal - MSRP, no freight or setup, and the 1,000 mile will be $125.  Good trade too - hard to beat that combo.  I plan on breaking it in stock and maybe running it to 1500 or so, then going with a pretty straightforward upgrade scenario: pipes, SERT, and K&N filter upgrade.  I'm leaning toward LSR 2-1's or D&D Fatcats, all mostly for heat management and longevity. 

I've been looking for a good SERT tuner in New England (dealer doesn't have a dyno).  Lots of PC guys around, including one local that sells the PC/dyno run as a package for $500, but I'd prefer the SERT.

I almost bought an SE Dyna.  Had second thoughts on vibration, though, killed the deal and decided to go with the Softail.

Thanks again - lots of knowledgeable people here.

BC

Hello and welcome to CVO Harley!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.