Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Proud (mostly) owner of a new 2010 CVO Street Glide  (Read 3990 times)

ironpeddler

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Candy Cobalt
Re: Proud (mostly) owner of a new 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »

Welcome from sunny south Florida!   :2vrolijk_21:

Peddler

2005 Screamin' Eagle Fatboy
Vance & Hines Sideshots
PC III tuner
Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather
Extended Reach Forward Controls

DanM

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 10:04:52 AM »

Welcome to the site.

Freja

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »

Welcome from Sweden........

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to being a part of this board.  I've already learned a ton about the miserable constraints the EPA has put on the 110 powerplant.  I have a 2006 88ci Deluxe that is a blast to ride.  I was expecting something a whole lot better with this bike.  I've put 70 miles on it and it's almost to the point where I don't want to ride it due to the extreme heat and parade mode.  Sounds like there are plenty of fixes out there, so I'm just doing the research to see which direction to go.  Exhaust, tuner and maybe cams.  Anyway, thanks for an awesome site.

Welcome.  If I may, here are some of my thoughts about the 110 motor.  Increased heat for sure compaired to your 88ci and my 95ci power plants with all else being equal due to the increase in displacement alone.  Opening up the exhaust by removing the CAT and upgrading the mufflers should help a bit but maybe you can save some money with the SE pro tuner.  I looked into the Thundermax auto tune and find it too expensive.  They market their system by stating the exhaust sensors are fast and more responsive than stock.  May be true but you will never tap into that capability unless you really do some significant mods to the guts of the motor and/or supercharge it.  The HD pro tuner will work well if the dyno jocky knows what he or she is doing and the AFR is lowered.  Plus, the Thundermax is only backed by a 2 year warranty while most of us who bought these expensive bikes have the HD extended plan which will cover the stock ECM even after it has been "tuned" with HD product.  Oh, I'm not saying the SE pro tuner is cheep but it is less than the alternative here.

Oil, to each is their own but must be synthetic.  I'm waiting and hoping Baker comes out with a "Plus One" oil pan for this power plant.  That extra oil should help with the heat issue coupled with the improved aftermarket exhaust and better tuning/AFR we'll be looking good.

Sorry for the soap box but one last thought.  Cams.  I put S&S 585 cams in my 95CI softail std.  I like the high end power but I miss the low end torque.  The HD 255 cams in the 110 is a great low end cam but we can't have our cake and eat it to.  I suggest cams shoppers first ask what their performance goals are and then really shop for the cams that fit that desire.  If I had it to do over, which I might, I would have put more of a torque cam in my 2003 std 95CI.

Again, welcome to the group and have fun!  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »

Good afternoon prostreetboy

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

joeymaq

• Full CVO Member
  • Keep the wind in your hair, the bugs in your teeth
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 06:24:51 PM »

Welcome from Illinois :welcome_005:
2009 Ultra Classic 96c.i., Vance & Hines basic slip on's ,Dyno Jet Power commander 5, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner.

trapperjohn82

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper/Stardust Silver
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »

Welcome to the site from SE Wisconsin.

Ride safe,

Trapper  :coolblue: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:
2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic - Longhorn named "Montana"
V&H Monster Ovals
K&N High Flow Custom Assembly
SE Pro Super Tuner
J&M Shorties
Fuel Filler Shell (Done)
0905 (Done)
Rider's Claw iPod Touch Gen IV Mount
HD LED Headlamp & Aux Lamps

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

Welcome to the board from Nor Cal. :2vrolijk_21:  I have the same bike, but don't have the heat issues......didn't even have heat issues when we went to Ariz. a few weeks ago. :nixweiss:

There are a number of exhaust systems on the verge of coming to market for the 2010.  The header pipe is different from the 09s (02 sensor buges are relocated).  The air cleaner on the Screamin Eagle Street Glide is fine, you don't need to change that.....it's already opened up for hi flow.

I'm really puzzled why so many have major heat issues and I do not.  Not complaining, just curious. :nixweiss:  Everybody keeps telling me that I'll see that change once I put the leg fairings on however, none of the other SESGs came with leg fairings and some of them have the heat issues.  I just don't get it.

We get together in Nor Cal often and ride together.  There are a lot of us here. 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

Welcome to the site from Long Island, NY

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »

Welcome to the site from Mosul, Iraq.  Congratulations on your scoot.  excellent choice. :2vrolijk_21:  Hope you hang around and keep us well posted on the changes you make.  Guys like me have some time to wait on our bikes so guys like you can help us figure out what to do when we get them :pepper:

and remember :worthless:

so snap lots of cheap digital film and keep us oglers happy :huepfenjump3:

prostreetboy

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »

All,

Thanks for the warm welcomes!  It's amazing to see how worldwide the CVO mystique carries.  Thanks to MKW for taking the time to write down his thoughts.  I hear you on the SERT vs. Thundermax...it just makes sense to me that we ought to be able to essentially plug in an AFR and that the tuner can use the wide band sensors to adjust timing and fuel to achieve the AFR.  It's certainly not this easy and you're on the money when it comes to the warranty.  Sounds like my first order of business is finding a top-notch local tuner.  JCZ, you mentioned you're a Northern California person...any recommendations on tuners?  I'm close to a bunch of Harley dealers if any of them can be trusted to do the job.

I'm desperate to change the pipes out to anything that will give it some of that Harley sound. I can't believe how quiet the stock ones are.  There seems to be mixed reviews on the Screaming Eagle slip-ons, so I may just wait until the aftermarket gets their act together and change the head pipes at the same time.

I completely agree on oil and would love to see a deeper pan.  I'm all set to change out the fluid in all three areas...hope to get that done this weekend.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond and I'll keep you up-to-date as I progress through all of this.

Also, the tach in my fairing is rotated a little, not a big deal but I think a $30K bike should have it straight up.  Does anyone know if it's a huge deal to adjust?  I don't want to risk a dealer screwing something up for a very minor issue.

V&H Power Duals
Monster Rounds
Thundermax TBW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 09:41:13 AM »

For all your service or modification needs, most of us in Nor Cal go to Jim's (hd-dude on this forum) shop......you can always find other CVO members there.  He's a member and moderator on this board.  By the way, he rides a CVO, also.  Give him a call:    

HD Dude  (Jim)
 Metal dragon
22336 Meekland Ave.
Hayward CA 94541
510-885-9471
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »

Welcome to the group. I am also from N cal and ride with the group whenever I can. I lived in San Jose 28 years and moved to Tracy last year to be near my grandkids. I also use HDdude for all my service needs and highly recommend him for all service and mods to your scoot. Pm me for my phone number if you need any help or if you want to ride.

SANJOSEDUKE-Tracy
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »

Welcome to the site and our big family, you will enjoy this group. 

:cucumber: :pepper: 

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 11:01:36 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Welcome.

This site can fix any problem you have with the bike.  All it takes is money and time.

Enjoy.

:drink: :drink:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.808 seconds with 21 queries.