Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO  (Read 25169 times)

480dad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

Re: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »

So far, mine has been fine with the new battery.  This fuel pump thing is worrying me a bit though.  I just have a feeling it's a matter of time.  Hope I'm wrong.

Recd my shotgun shock yesterday.  What a nice looking and well built product.  Will be turning wrenches Saturday morning.
2014 FXSBSE

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 02:15:43 PM »

I have several days with new fuel pump on and she starts on the first time now with no hesitation.

BreakoutOrange

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2015, 11:35:27 AM »

Filled up with gas after riding about 40 miles home from work (almost 90F in Texas already) and the bike would not turn over.  Slow to crank then I would hear a loud clunk.  Moved away from the pump, shifted from N to 1, to N to 2 then to N.  Let it rest, check to make sure I didn't over fill the fuel tank, all OK.  Slow to turn and metallic clack sound.  I was 2 miles from home.  Called my wife and she brought my truck with the jumper cables, jumped it no problem.  Put it on the charger over night.  Started fine this morning.  I do get the backfires thru the breather most times when I start.  Bike runs real lean.  Running Bassini 2 into 1 pipes.  2014 with about 4,500 miles. No loose terminal connections, no corrosion. Not running any electronics.  Why would she not start, warm?
Alternator not charging right?  Battery already toast after less than a year?  I read a bit in this thread about fuel pump issues.  Any suggestions?   

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »

I had the same issue reported earlier in this thread. Would not fire after riding and short wait. It did turn over but not for long till the battery drained. Fuel pump replaced and hasn't happened since.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »

Seems that the fuel pumps they have in these 14's might be the issue. Fixed mine anyway. Are recalls only done when it's a safety concern?

cvocasamento

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2015, 08:25:31 PM »

Running rough at low RPM's and hard to start. All rectified by a new fuel pump.
The existing pump was only developing half the PSI it should have been.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2015, 08:12:10 AM »

Same with mine. Now I have 60psi

BreakoutOrange

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2015, 05:40:01 PM »

Since the starting problem I mentioned here on April 24th I put the trickle charger on the battery twice and had no starting issues until this morning.  I took off the charger and put the seat back on, powered Eve up (that's her name) and pushed the start button.  Got a hell of a clatter from the front lower left side.  Sounded like spinning metal clatter (starter bendix?).  It sounded horrible! Same results for the next two attempted starts.  Started up like normal on the forth try.  After driving 40 miles to work I started Eve going to lunch and returning, no problem.  Why all the spinning banging clatter? 

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2015, 06:25:57 PM »

Since the starting problem I mentioned here on April 24th I put the trickle charger on the battery twice and had no starting issues until this morning.  I took off the charger and put the seat back on, powered Eve up (that's her name) and pushed the start button.  Got a hell of a clatter from the front lower left side.  Sounded like spinning metal clatter (starter bendix?).  It sounded horrible! Same results for the next two attempted starts.  Started up like normal on the forth try.  After driving 40 miles to work I started Eve going to lunch and returning, no problem.  Why all the spinning banging clatter?

That's your problem right there. Going as far back as the dawn of time 'Eve' has been less than reliable. ;D

BreakoutOrange

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »

I hadn't thought of that.  I was thinking along the lines of beauty and new beginning. 
More dependable names might be like Madonna or Lady Gaga, but those just don't work for me. 

I will put a meter to the battery this weekend and see if under a load it is not putting out. 

480dad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2015, 06:59:19 PM »

Chalk me up with a new fuel pump too after more hard starting.
2014 FXSBSE

Louie u

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2015, 10:39:12 AM »

my bike has always been hard to start. But just recently the bike would not start. It has always been on a tender and battery is fine. One day it wouldn't start so I thought i would try a different tender. I tried it after it was charging for awhile and it started. I took it out and it stalled after a couple miles of riding. I pulled over and it started right up. The next time out, it started no issue, rode it for a while and pulled over for a second. I shut it off and it would not start. It sat for an hour and it started right up. Dropping it off Saturday to the dealer.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.