Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Please Don't Be This Guy!  (Read 5436 times)

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: Please Don't Be This Guy!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 11:02:22 AM »

I typically fill my bike while on it to hold it straight up. I started this when I filled it at the beginning and then had gas coming out after I got going down the highway. I realized with it leaning away from the opening for the fuel nozzle it fills up past the point of over flowing if you straighten it back up. Anyway. that damned video just changed many years of staying on the bike while filling up. I will just start figuring out how much to fill it so it doesn't overflow when straighten back up. Screw that business right there! I have wondered what would happen if I spilled some down around the hot engine. No more for me. I am standing beside that bomb from here on out.

I've always gotten OFF the bike. easier (for me) to watch the fuel, push all the buttons, etc on the pump, stretch your legs & give the butt a break. never been in that big of a rush
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

willymax4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »

Just trying to show off his bike   :nixweiss:   Wonder what was blaring on the stereo.   :drink:

Hope everyone recovers quickly.
probably highway to hell,

TN

Tibs

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: '15 Limited
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »

Filled up once with it running, had a battery issue and wasn't something I wanted to be stranded from.

That was the longest fill up I ever did, both in suspense and in the speed in which I dispenses the fuel.

Was serious pucker time that day.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.