Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 233

Author Topic: What sits in the garage next to your harley ??  (Read 865485 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: What sits in the garage next to your harley ??
« Reply #2115 on: September 04, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »

I think I need a bigger garage.

Yep !   Me too !!!!!

Nice collection. :2vrolijk_09:
 I would think with all that money (value wise) sitting in the yard. You have a large enough space to keep them all out of the nasty elements.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:06:43 PM by Ohiobellboy »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2116 on: September 04, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »

Nice car Dan,,   :2vrolijk_21:  Did you buy new or used?  Looks new to me 

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2117 on: September 04, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »

Nice car Dan,,   :2vrolijk_21:  Did you buy new or used?  Looks new to me 

Thanks.

New.  I was looking for fairly good mileage at a reasonable cost. I also wanted some creature comforts too. I tested the new Dodge Dart, but it was underwhelming in power and interior quality. So far I'm very pleased with the Verano and what they say about Buick's quiet tuning is true.  This is one of the quietest cars I've driven.

It's hard to see in the iPhone shots, but this has the White Diamond paint and it just dazzles in the sunlight.

It's not an expensive car, but because I'll be putting close to 20k movies a year on it, the good mileage, great leather interior and all the electronic toys will be great while I'm behind the wheel a couple hours a day.  It seems to be an excellent value.

So far with all of my play time idling in my driveway while I'm learning about all of the electronics, I'm averaging over 30 mpg.  I'm hoping for a bit more as it breaks in.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

MikeD

« Reply #2118 on: September 05, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »

Good looking Buick!

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2119 on: September 05, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »

, I'm averaging over 30 mpg.  I'm hoping for a bit more as it breaks in.

Wow,,  30 MPG is not bad. We have a 2012 Acura ILX with the 2 Liter and barley getting 32.    You're going to love the comfort and the quietness.  Our Acura is road noisy and it drives me nuts. One of our friends has a nice 2013 Lincoln MKS and I can't believe how quite it drives, night and day over our Acura.   My wife and I are in the looks for a better car, I think we will check out the Buicks.   :2vrolijk_21:

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2120 on: September 05, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »

Wow,,  30 MPG is not bad. We have a 2012 Acura ILX with the 2 Liter and barley getting 32.    You're going to love the comfort and the quietness.  Our Acura is road noisy and it drives me nuts. One of our friends has a nice 2013 Lincoln MKS and I can't believe how quite it drives, night and day over our Acura.   My wife and I are in the looks for a better car, I think we will check out the Buicks.   :2vrolijk_21:

Well I think Buick has hit it big with this model here.  This is the Astra in Europe and I believe the Excelle in China.  Buick for some reason has a great rep with the Chinese.  That's probably why Buick is still in the GM stable.

I'm learning new things about this car every day.  I'm still trying to turn down the female voice prompt when I press the Intellilink button.  I have turned down the NAV voice to a comfortable level, but when I hit that button she scares me a bit sometimes.

The car sticker is less then $30k.  To keep down the price a bit, they have left off some familiar items, Homelink remote door opener, the passenger seat is not powered (but 8-way adjustable).  My wife said the seat is not an issue as once she has it set, she could care less about moving it around.  The manual controls are quite easy to work so not a lot of effort goes into the operation.

The Regal or the Lacrosse would be larger cars and have ALL the options wanted.  The new Regal GS has the 270 hp turbo 2.0L and it's said to run really well.  But my 2.4L seems to have enough to do a good job and it does not bog down on cruise or going up slight inclines on the freeway.

This picture does not do the interior justice, but it gives an idea of the quality that goes into this car.  The only option this car does not have is the Premium wheel option, which is still an 18"x8" like mine, but just a bit different in the spokes.

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2121 on: September 05, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »

I pushed the bikes out the door and brought this home last week.  Would you believe it.....a stock diesel (with twin liquid cooled turbos) that'll spen those 20" wheels laying down a patch of rubber 20' long! :2vrolijk_21:  Not exagerated, it's fact!  Of course I had to go with the Lariet package and the FX-4 package (skid plates, beefed up suspension, shocks, etc.) along with the chrome package and the seats are heated and air conditioned (we need both here in Nor Cal).  17.5 mpg in a 4x4 super duty isn't to bad and 530 miles to the first tank of fuel.   It's a fun truck to drive......

and to keep the truck company, we got it a companion.............the Fox Mountain 235RLS.  It's an aluminum framed lightweight (7020 lbs. dry weight....that was designed to be pulled by a half ton truck) 5th wheel that is also an all season trailer (belly is sealed and all plumbing is in heated space and rated down to -20F) with dual pane windows and large holding tanks that are also heated.  We bring this little toy home tomorrow morning.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2122 on: September 05, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »

I pushed the bikes out the door and brought this home last week.  Would you believe it.....a stock diesel (with twin liquid cooled turbos) that'll spen those 20" wheels laying down a patch of rubber 20' long! :2vrolijk_21:  Not exagerated, it's fact!  Of course I had to go with the Lariet package and the FX-4 package (skid plates, beefed up suspension, shocks, etc.) along with the chrome package and the seats are heated and air conditioned (we need both here in Nor Cal).  17.5 mpg in a 4x4 super duty isn't to bad and 530 miles to the first tank of fuel.   It's a fun truck to drive......

and to keep the truck company, we got it a companion.............the Fox Mountain 235RLS.  It's an aluminum framed lightweight (7020 lbs. dry weight....that was designed to be pulled by a half ton truck) 5th wheel that is also an all season trailer (belly is sealed and all plumbing is in heated space and rated down to -20F) with dual pane windows and large holding tanks that are also heated.  We bring this little toy home tomorrow morning.

Those are great additions...  Super nice!!!

Now all you need is lots of time off to use them.   ;D  ;D  ;D
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #2123 on: September 05, 2012, 06:24:51 PM »

Very nice you two!!!!  Outstanding lookin' 5th wheel and Ford.......What happens to the truck you were driving in Coulterville? 
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #2124 on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »

I thought the thread was "What sits in the garage next to your Harley?
Remember Famous Places JC?

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2125 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »

WOW!  Love the truck but I think you're gonna wish you bought at least a 32' trailer.  I'm happy you went with the 5th wheel, they pull so much better  :2vrolijk_21:  When's the first camping trip??
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #2126 on: September 05, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »

I thought the thread was "What sits in the garage next to your Harley?
Remember Famous Places JC?

Dave.......I did see JC driving the truck with his head out the window..... ;)
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2127 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »

And so it begins...the next chapter in your life...

Enjoy JC!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2128 on: September 05, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »

WOW!  Love the truck but I think you're gonna wish you bought at least a 32' trailer.  I'm happy you went with the 5th wheel, they pull so much better  :2vrolijk_21:  When's the first camping trip??

We're leaving on the 15th.......and lookin forward to the shake down trip. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2129 on: September 06, 2012, 07:57:59 AM »

Enjoy, safe travels and congratulations...
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 233

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.