Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Is this chicken $H!t?  (Read 10560 times)

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
Re: Is this chicken $H!t?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 10:59:22 AM »

I'M THE OP.  LET ME CLARIFY A 2 THINGS...

#1.  I was a bit short with my words when I said it would take 45 minutes to order it.  Specifically, he said it would take 45 minutes on the phone to push the warranty through.
#2.  He said to go inside and buy it.  I did.  The part was not in stock and they had to order if for me.

Also, I've decided to keep quiet about it.  I'm not wimping out but this is not a battle worth fighting.  The dealership has been good to me.  The owners are also MY customers and do business with me outside of the motorcycle world.  The service manager can sometimes be difficult but he's usually great with me and everyone deserves to have a bad day.  I can't see reaming him over $12.00.  Yes, he is wrong. Yes, he is unmotivated to assist in this case.  Yes, I feel kind of jipped but the world is not perfect.

Thank you everyone for your opinions.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:15:26 AM by Puff-N-Stuff »

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »

That clarifies a lot. You did the right thing for $12.00,made their life easier which they hopefully will remember down the road.
T-MAN 117 kit

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »

That clarifies a lot. You did the right thing for $12.00,made their life easier which they hopefully will remember down the road.
I agree, sometimes "the juice isn't worth the squeeze"...
Alan

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 03:57:41 PM »

x2
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

Sometimes owners just have idiots working for them. Next time you're out with the owner tell him to buy you a beer and call it even.

Friendships don't need to be bother by such minor things.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 05:19:26 PM »

Sometimes owners just have idiots working for them. Next time you're out with the owner tell him to buy you a beer and call it even.

Friendships don't need to be bother by such minor things.

If and when we me on the road, I'll buy you a beer Willy, If you promise not to call me an idiot!   :cherry:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 08:37:55 PM »

X3

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »

If and when we me on the road, I'll buy you a beer Willy, If you promise not to call me an idiot!   :cherry:
I would never call you an idiot. You've got the best avatars on this site. It's become my daily ritual to see if you've changed it again.  :2vrolijk_21:
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

mark

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 09:04:43 PM »

I'M THE OP.  LET ME CLARIFY A 2 THINGS...

#1.  I was a bit short with my words when I said it would take 45 minutes to order it.  Specifically, he said it would take 45 minutes on the phone to push the warranty through.
#2.  He said to go inside and buy it.  I did.  The part was not in stock and they had to order if for me.

Also, I've decided to keep quiet about it.  I'm not wimping out but this is not a battle worth fighting.  The dealership has been good to me.  The owners are also MY customers and do business with me outside of the motorcycle world.  The service manager can sometimes be difficult but he's usually great with me and everyone deserves to have a bad day.  I can't see reaming him over $12.00.  Yes, he is wrong. Yes, he is unmotivated to assist in this case.  Yes, I feel kind of jipped but the world is not perfect.

Thank you everyone for your opinions.

Isn't it his job to handle issues like this?  The dealership owner may like to know that he's paying a guy for 8 hrs a day and the guy's complaining about working for 45 min. in order to please a customer.  I agree with a previous poster - tell the service mgr to pay for it out of his pocket if it's not that big of a deal.  A good rule to live by - don't let people chit on you.  You're setting a bad precedence.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 11:54:46 PM »

Isn't it his job to handle issues like this?  The dealership owner may like to know that he's paying a guy for 8 hrs a day and the guy's complaining about working for 45 min. in order to please a customer.  I agree with a previous poster - tell the service mgr to pay for it out of his pocket if it's not that big of a deal.  A good rule to live by - don't let people chit on you.  You're setting a bad precedence.
Agreed.  I'd be calling the manager and/or owner, and be looking for a new dealership.
The best you've had is the best you know.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »

Just buy the part and be done with it to small $ to worry about.
DND

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 11:26:21 AM »

As long as you're satisfied with the dealership/customer relationship you have with them the $12.00 is a minor cost. But several things come to mind --

who is going to install the part? Are they to busy to do that for you?? Do they think it would be no big deal to charge you the labor too??

If the relationship is really as good as you think it is the answers should be --- They will install the part , at your convenience and of course without any additional cost to you. It was supposed to be covered by the warranty from the start after all. This is a business transaction and good will extends both ways - or should.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »

OP AGAIN,

Some of your seem much more upset than I am.  No judgement intended but it just goes to show how different people can be.  For example,  I'd never ask the SM to pay out of his pocket.  He's done plenty of favors for me & saved me a lot more than $12.00.  By that logic, I should cough up the money when they offer free stuff to me.  In fact, every time they do something free, they do it with a smile.  Am I a sucker or a chump?  I don't think so.  Why ruin a good relationship over $12.00? That would be stupid on my part. 

I knew I wasn't gonna complain before I started this thread.  I felt like I was being petty and wanted a bit of moral support.  After reading all the replies I'm reminded how much they do for me.  I admit that I have a more personal relationship with the dealership than many people but I'm still their customer and not their friend.  I've realized that our relationship works both ways and I've gotta give a little if I'm gonna take as much as I do.  I guarantee that if I complain that they'll never again do a favor for me!  Thanks for all the replies

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 02:57:15 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: That's a smart move, even if you have been Puff-N-Stuff. 
Jesus is Lord

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »

Hey Puff, just like everything else in life...Pick your battles carefully. You made the right choice.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.